Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked: 58

Default Great Battle!

Great video Rob! What a fun race! The FST combination has led to many "epic battles" like this one. Tons of close racing, terrific drafting duels, late braking near mayhem - this kind of race is what brings me back to the track year after year!

Many thanks to Robert, Randy and Matt for working the issues and putting a competitive car on the grid for Sunday.

Doug FST 5

Liked: 0

If anyone has the official results from Sunday that they can scan and e-mail to me I'd appreciate it - I got on the road before they were available and so far they are not up on MyLaps.

Thanks

Bob
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI
    CenDiv - Milwaukee region

Quote Originally Posted by lawyerbob View Post
    If anyone has the official results from Sunday that they can scan and e-mail to me I'd appreciate it - I got on the road before they were available and so far they are not up on MyLaps.

Thanks

Bob
    Got them from Bill Bonow - Thanks Bill!
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

Liked: 10

Default Official results

Bill or Bob

Can you send me a copy, misplaced mine some where

Thanks
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by teamclark View Post
    Bill or Bob

Can you send me a copy, misplaced mine some where

Thanks
    Rob
    sending right now
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

Me too please. the board was cleaned off by the time I walked up to get a copy.

jasonsteeb at yahoo dot com

Liked: 190

Default Information for the masses

Rather than emailing to all, here are the results sheets for anyone interested
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 05.27.13 at 3:33 PM.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 151

Default Perseverance

The one word I’d use to describe the Hoosier Tire Series stop at Grattan is perseverance. It was to start----- hot. Friday night gave us some indication that if we hung around at the track too late we were in for a serious altercation with the State Bird of Michigan, the mosquito. Sunday at race time it was cloudy and 97 degrees. During the race the sun came out again and it was at least 98 degrees. It was absolutely amazing how fast the top seven cars were going with everything so hot.

I would just like to say a few things about some people who perhaps persevered more than others. First Bob Stack came to the track and gradually was having a hard time getting his clutch to release. Everyone pitched in but the consensus was that the motor had to come out. So Bob gave up on qualifying and began pulling the motor while everyone else was going out to have fun bob got real dirty and real hot. Turned out he had a mismatching throw out bearing and after he got that squared away he made the Saturday race. Bob ran faster each session and by Sunday afternoon he could proclaim success at mastering Grattan. (I guess no one really can say that) Here is a picture of Bob, sweaty and dirty, but done with his engine R&R.

Sam Farmigna showed up at the track with his new enclosed trailer and, like Bob, he improved his times every session. Unfortunately, Sam has to wait until Road America to get his license but he and Ted did a great job with the car and the FST series has a new strong runner.

The busiest guy at the track was our newest member Lance Renshaw. He’d run his Porsche 944, jump out, grab a drink of water then run over to the SR trailer and jump in his Evolution. Lance also looked like he was getting the hang of the FST stuff and he tells me there is slim chance he might come to Road America if he doesn’t go to Blackhawk with the Porsche.

Jason Steeb and his father Steve both were seen around the paddock made a lot of friends They shoukld hire themselves out to the Michigan tourist agency because they were always a smiling and he made everyone feel like they we part of a family.

Here are some pictures taken by Traci Clark at our podium celebrations one Saturday and on Sunday. Congratulations go to the podium residents but also I should note strong runs by Jared Smith, Dave Dawson and Butch Deer.

Winners of the free tires were Reece Everhard and Bob Stack.

My two cents on the Sunday race-- Six cars all running about the same lap time flying around the track at speeds that would have won any other series race held at Grattan going away and---- in 98 degree weather.
    Last edited by rgu; 08.30.13 at 8:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rgu View Post
    Here is a picture of Bob, sweaty and dirty, but done with his engine R&R.
    Just call me pig pen. As I said before - I owe huge thanks to everyone who pitched in to help with diagnosis, parts and the R&R. The camaradire (sp?) of FST is truly remarkable.

As for "mastering" Grattan - yea, well, that's a bit of an overstatement, but I did come within 1/4 of a lap of only finishing one lap down instead of two, so there was certainly progress made. Always next year right!
    Last edited by lawyerbob; 07.29.11 at 12:02 PM.
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

Contributing Member steve everard's Avatar
    Liked: 11

Default Dual camera action FST

Better late than never.....here is some video action with camera front and back.
    Watch the straight line speed of the white evo behind.
    http://www.vimeo.com/27147534

Steve

That's an awesome video!!!

Nice cross over moves coming out of Turn 1! I was trying to do the same thing with Doug, but he was getting a killer run out of 1.

Quote Originally Posted by steve everard View Post
    Better late than never.....here is some video action with camera front and back.
    Watch the straight line speed of the white evo behind.
    http://www.vimeo.com/27147534

Steve

If you listen to the audio and watch, Reece is lifting a little through 11 and 12. I was not lifting through 11 and 12, and that gave me a better run going down the straight away.

Therefore having more "straight line speed" in the white evo.
    Jared Smith

Quote Originally Posted by winsmith View Post
    If you listen to the audio and watch, Reece is lifting a little through 11 and 12. I was not lifting through 11 and 12, and that gave me a better run going down the straight away.

Therefore having more "straight line speed" in the white evo.
    Jared Smith
    Hmmm, I assumed it was that red button marked "Nitrous" - my mistake.
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information