Thread: June Sprints

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default June Sprints

Any updates on qualifying or the race? Did Mike get his car back together after the suspension failure?

Liked: 78

Default Joe

I hate to say it but no. He didn't get it fixed. They had just enough parts to push the car back in the trailer. But he's going to come back and I'm gonna try and help it get it all sorted out.

How is the race going?

I can't get the live timing to work!

Thanks for asking,

Meg

Liked: 553

Quote Originally Posted by sauce_racer View Post
    I hate to say it but no. He didn't get it fixed. They had just enough parts to push the car back in the trailer. But he's going to come back and I'm gonna try and help it get it all sorted out.

How is the race going?

I can't get the live timing to work!

Thanks for asking,

Meg
    Meg, try this link: http://www.livetiming.net/scca/supertour/html.asp

Liked: 1868

Congrats to Scott Rubenzer for his win!

Liked: 157

Congrats Scott, glad to see you are all the way back from your fall.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 210

Quote Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
    This link no longer reflects the FF race. Anyone know the Top 5?

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Rubenzer
    Hazelton
    Livingston
    Allen
    Bartz

Contributing Member racingflyboy's Avatar
    Liked: 71

Congrats to all.

So, is 5th place "Bartz" 15 year old Jeff Bartz from Plymouth, WI?

If so, I'll say I'm not surprised. I raced with him at the Harvey West Memorial Classic Rational at BIR on Memorial Weekend. His 5 & 6th FF races, I believe. (Started in Karts at 5, but these were his first Formual races) Very nice, humble young man. Very talented driver. Very smooth and fast, and no risky "teenager" behavior - everyone agreed he drove very well and no one saw him making any risky moves. Just smooth and quick. I think he basically watched me from behind on Saturday to learn the line, and then on Sunday showed us all how to drive that line FAST. Then, when I congratulated him on his win, he applologised for breaking my track record in doing so! Way to go "kid".

Steve Barkley
    Euroswift SE-1 FF1600

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by racingflyboy View Post
    Unless there is another Jeff Bartz, then I think you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by racingflyboy View Post
    Congrats to all.

If so, I'll say I'm not surprised. I raced with him at the Harvey West Memorial Classic Rational at BIR on Memorial Weekend. His 5 & 6th FF races, I believe. (Started in Karts at 5, but these were his first Formual races) Very nice, humble young man. Very talented driver. Very smooth and fast, and no risky "teenager" behavior - everyone agreed he drove very well and no one saw him making any risky moves. Just smooth and quick. I think he basically watched me from behind on Saturday to learn the line, and then on Sunday showed us all how to drive that line FAST. Then, when I congratulated him on his win, he applologised for breaking my track record in doing so! Way to go "kid".

Steve Barkley
    Euroswift SE-1 FF1600

No suprise there. I raced with him at MAM earlier this year at his very first FF race..............I would like to see somebody put him in a piper, swift or late model VD. Then watch out.

Liked: 3279

Default Congrats, Scott!

Good job!
    Dave Weitzenhof

Liked: 24

Default Well Played

I was told that Scott started the race on slicks - Reid had rains and the track was damp. Last lap Scott blasted a lap time on a drying track and vaulted past Reid. Nice drive by Scott but I feel for Reid.

Liked: 43

I'm pretty sure I saw intermediates on Reid's car when I rolled past on the grid.

Liked: 1432

Thanks Jason, I feel for me to haha.

But, Scotty schooled me. Fair and square. On the last laps I got the over under move three times from Scotty. Once in Canada, once in T5, and again in Canada. Passing on the wet line is pretty tough, haha.

Scotty got stuck in traffic on the start when I got around them clean in T5, and I got stuck on the last lap. In turn five I went around the outside of a few FEs and one FB, and he got boxed in. On the last lap, I got stuck behind two FEs and an FB (sounds like a similar story huh?) who were going two and three wide from Canada to T14 and Scotty blew my doors off down the front straight. From then on I had to pass on the wet line and couldn't make it stick. The last lap in Canada I thought I was gold until I hit a newly formed puddle (created by those FEs the lap before I think) and went wide, over the rumbles and spun. Of course, I killed it. Got it going again and took 2nd. So, in the end it was a battle of getting through traffic, at two different points in the race.

To add insult to injury, the camera took a direct hit of mud on the pace lap and you cant see a thing.

A big hats off to Livingston. He was on full wets and his tire preservation skills are impressive. They were the best looking wets in impound by a large margin.

Cooper didn't make the grid an no one knows why. But boy, does that car ever have straight line speed. Like nothing I have ever seen from any car. Not that mine is an aero beast at all, but in the draft I could not gain on him. The crew he has working on that car has their A game on and are making a huge effort. Impressive.

Ok, back to shouting insults at myself in the mirror-

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

I don't know Scott R, but am really glad to hear that he is back racing and doing well after his injury.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall9 View Post
    I don't know Scott R, but am really glad to hear that he is back racing and doing well after his injury.
    Indeed. The guy is invincible.

After this I think I will go take a tumble off my roof and see if it makes me any faster. It sure didn't slow him down!

Again, great last two laps with Scott.

Liked: 64

Congrats to Scott. A great drive in challenging conditions! Scott,Reid and Cooper had the cars to beat ,they were fast all weekend. The weekend was beautiful up until Sunday. Several hours before our race it poured rain and drizzled up until the race. Most were on rains. We were set up on rains and switched to slicks at the last moment thanks to my son's nagging! As we took the track a dry line was beginning to form, however it was very slick in the corners. I really didn't care for being grouped with the FE and FB. Too much speed differential. We got caught by a slow FE at the start and took too long to get by him or else might have had something for Livingston. I feel bad for Jacque Dresang and his beautiful Eagle. Something broke in the first session and sent him hard into the wall at T5. Injuring his right leg and heavily damaging his car. Hopefully he'll be OK.

Liked: 124

Thanks for your kind words Wes, I'm doing okay.

The car and I are done for the year. For those of you who were unable to see it before the shunt, here is a photo courtesy of Les Tension Photography from early in the Friday session.

We believe the right-front upright broke coming down into the braking zone, just after the 2 marker. This sent me head-on into the outside wall, then head on into the wall where the safety vehicles exit onto the track. The two hits managed to take off three corners of the car, though the frame is in excellent shape considering. Kudos to AAR designer John Ward for his concept back in 1977, and my mechanic Paul Jay for incorporating some other deformable structures in the front of the car. I actually managed to bend the steering shaft into a 90[FONT=Calibri]°[/FONT] elbow, which made a quick exit rather easy. Regardless, this Fall we will hopefully have the car ready for 2012, with all new AAR-spec corners back on the car.

Unfortunately, with my 6'2" frame shoehorned into the car, it was likely that I was going to take some of the energy, especially with the wide-open footbox. I ended up fracturing my right heel, bruising my left calf and severly stretching my left ankle tendons. More bruises have popped up in the last few days, but nothing too serious. Massive props to my girlfriend Christina for practically carrying me around all weekend, we all know I'm no lightweight.

Best luck to everyone for the remainder of 2011, we'll see you in '12.

Respectfully Yours,

Jacques N. Dresang
    UMW
    Last edited by Gokart Mozart; 03.31.17 at 6:19 PM.
    Jacques N. Dresang
    Kettle Moraine Preservation & Restoration
    1977 All American Racers Eagle DGF #005
    1972 Elden Mk10B AM73-49 - #140/1

Liked: 151

Does anyone have an email address for one of the Livingston's that they could PM me? I took some podium pictures for them and I want to get them to them.

Edit - I got it.
    Last edited by Wren; 06.21.11 at 11:42 AM.

Liked: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by Gokart Mozart View Post
    Unfortunately, with my 6'2" frame shoehorned into the car, it was likely that I was going to take some of the energy, especially with the wide-open footbox. I ended up fracturing my right heel, bruising my left calf and severly stretching my left ankle tendons. More bruises have popped up in the last few days, but nothing too serious. Massive props to my girlfriend Christina for practically carrying me around all weekend, we all know I'm no lightweight
    Glad to hear you're ok, Jacques. I was sick to hear about you and the car at the Sprints. The fracture in your ankle will be fun to re-hab, too. Be glad it's not your knee. Cars can be put back together—people aren't as easy.

Get well soon.

dc

Liked: 25

Default Livingston Contact

Keith Wren:
    I pm'd an email for David Livingston, Sr.
    - Frank C

Liked: 0

Echoing Doug's comments, glad to hear you're (for the most part) okay, Jacques. I look forward to seeing you and that beautiful Eagle back on track in the future.

As for the personal rehab, I can tell you from prior experience: once you start, don't try too much all at once, just do a little bit more, every day, and it'll come around for you.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DLayton View Post
    As for the personal rehab, I can tell you from prior experience: once you start, don't try too much all at once, just do a little bit more, every day, and it'll come around for you.
    That is so much easier said that done.

Thanks Dan and Doug,

They put me in a boot yesterday with crutches; though I was walking on it the two days previous, so it's practically like standing on a cloud right now with the boot on. I'll be fine in a matter of days. It'll take months for the car, but in the end, it'll be worth it to have the 'ol bird back on-track again with some improvements on-board that should improve the longevity of the car and myself.

Enough about me, everyone have a terrific season!

Cheers,

JD
    Jacques N. Dresang

ApexSpeed Photographer Dennis Valet's Avatar
    Liked: 60

That car is insanely cool

They put me in a boot yesterday with crutches; though I was walking on it the two days previous, so it's practically like standing on a cloud right now with the boot on. I'll be fine in a matter of days.
    Oh dude, you're still on good drugs at this point... LOL. 10 weeks to almost normal with my broken foot a few years ago, and I'm at 7-weeks post-op on my broken knee and I still can't drive yet, let alone bend my leg.

Keep the meds up, it makes it all not seem so sucky.

Meds? I turned down meds, and I'm driving with the boot on. After various broken ribs from karting, this isn't terrible.

Thanks Dennis, your car is rather sharp too!
    Jacques N. Dresang

Meds? I turned down meds, and I'm driving with the boot on.
    LOL, remind me not to be in front of you in traffic.

So does anyone have the inside story as to why Cooper didn't make grid?

Liked: 68

Quote Originally Posted by reidhazelton View Post
    So does anyone have the inside story as to why Cooper didn't make grid?
    He posted in the FB area - it appears he had a failed master switch that showed up on the pace lap.

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/show...6&postcount=54
    Marshall Mauney

Milwaukee Region

Thanks Marshall, but there are too many Coopers out there. Not Glen, but Lewis. And to further confuse things, I think there are three Lewis Coopers. Lewis Cooper, Lewis Cooper Jr (in Atlantics I think) and Lewis Cooper III who is in FF I believe.

Liked: 68

Thanks Marshall, but there are too many Coopers out there. Not Glen, but Lewis. And to further confuse things, I think there are three Lewis Coopers. Lewis Cooper, Lewis Cooper Jr (in Atlantics I think) and Lewis Cooper III who is in FF I believe.
    Marshall Mauney

Milwaukee Region

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Coops in the house

Lew - FA
    Lew Jr - FF
    Glenn (Giancarlo) FB
    then some go faster in a Spec Miata, ________ Cooper.

Heck I even got confused.

WE had to bail for the airport in Milwaukee pretty quickly after the race, and the other 2 Cooper's were right next door in the garage area, and I still have no idea what the deal was with Lew Jr/FF. ???

Quote Originally Posted by glenn cooper View Post
    Lewis - ??
    Lewis Jr - FA
    Lewis III - FF
    Glenn (Giancarlo) FB
    then some go faster in a Spec Miata, ________ Cooper.

Heck I even got confused.

WE had to bail for the airport in Milwaukee pretty quickly after the race, and the other 2 Cooper's were right next door in the garage area, and I still have no idea what the deal was with Lew Jr/FF. ???
    Made a correction to Glens listing. Don't know why LC3 didn't make the grid either.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by JByers View Post
    Made a correction to Glens listing. Don't know why LC3 didn't make the grid either.

Jason

And if you want to get nuts, Cooper McNeil in T2.

When I rolled up to grid a little later than normal I assumed he was doing a setup change for the weather and didn't think anything of it. Then when Scotty was the first FF off grid, I though, "Huh, that's odd. I was behind him for a lap in Q2 and he was going ok."

Also, who had the Voss/Black FC I saw around? Is that one of theirs also?

Also, who had the Voss/Black FC I saw around? Is that one of theirs also?
    Son-in-law / brother-in-law to the Coopers - Rob Allaer.

Do they have any other daughters/sisters? If the dowry is an open wheeler I am all in!

Thread Information