Liked: 0

Default Memorial Day weekend racing

For those on ApexSpeed who will be at Indy this coming weekend for the Indy 500, I’d like to invite you to attend the “Night before the 500” at Lucas Oil raceway on Saturday evening for a terrific night of open wheel racing. The USF2000 National Championship series and the Star Mazda series will be supporting the USAC Midget race, and the racing in all three series should be very exciting. If you do come, please stop by our series transporter anytime to say hello.
    Our Mazda Road to Indy summit will be occurring beginning on Wednesday, and it will be a busy time for our drivers with activities at both Lucas Oil Raceway and at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. A full schedule of our activities is on our website (www.f2000.com), and if you are at the Speedway on Carb day, watch the complete Road to Indy (a car from each ladder step) do a parade lap in advance of the start of the Indy Lights Freedom 100 race. We also have a car on display at IMS throughout the May race activities there. Our winner will again be introduced prior to the start of the 500 on race day, in front of the huge crowd there, which is a great thrill for that driver and for all of us in the USF2000 series.
    Together with Indycar’s strong support, we are delighted to promote our drivers and their careers, and we invite you all to come out and cheer them on!
    Dan Andersen

Liked: 13

To any of you that want to go professional Open-Wheel racing Dan Andersen has a very good path to that goal. If you are coming from karting or just getting started I think one FULL season in Club Ford would have some advantages. Learning the effects of the many adjustments should give you some good input for setting up the faster racecars. Do not hesitate to contact Dan; he wants to and will help you!

Thanks Buddy, I appreciate the kind words. Buddy and I actually have some open wheel history, as my son and I got our start in Buddy's RCCA in 1990, and I'll not soon forget that Buddy DQ'd me for the only decent FF finish I had, at Bridgehamptom, and for being underweight! Those who know me may find that strange...and another interesting fact was that Mike Foschi's Star Race Prep (Star stood for"Stone Age Racing") was my prep shop. The car was a 1979 PRS, great club Ford. In those days, RCCA had good fields and provided a great learning experience, and I have many memories of the two years we spent there. Thanks again!

Mike Foschi

You should know better to use my name on here.

Those were the good old days.

Liked: 12

Default Historic Day At Indy

An F2000 car on the Speedway !!! A great day Now when the kid at the gas station ask where you run those cars you can say at INDY!! Great Job Dan hope to run your series one day Jim Johnson

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

Jim,
    Not on the speedway night before is at the old IRP now Lucas Speedway? Short oval.

Liked: 59

Should be exciting! Will there be live TS again? Good luck to all there!

Actually, we race at Lucas Oil Raceway, which was called ORP (O'Reilly Raceway Park) last year, and is known by most of us as IRP (Indianapolis Raceway Park). But we are also doing a parade lap at IMS (home of the 500) just prior to the Freedom 100 Indy Lights race, so while it's not racing at the big speedway, Petri Suvanto will be doing a lap out there in his Cape MotorsportsUSF2000 car front of all the Carb day fans just the same. IMS is just a bit too big for our cars...

Quote Originally Posted by billwald View Post
    Should be exciting! Will there be live TS again? Good luck to all there!
    Rob Howden will again be doing live play by play audio alongside the live timing & scoring that is available on our website.

Today is race day at the “Night before the 500” at Lucas Oil Raceway. We have 15 cars competing, and it should be a good race between some excellent and talented drivers. Our activities this week kept everyone busy, with well attended autograph signings, an amazing tour of the Target Chip Ganassi shop, Indycar lunch and dinner receptions, a presentation on social media by James Hinchcliffe (Indy 500 starter), and an Indy 500 Museum tour led by noted Indy 500 historian Donald Davidson. Topping it off was a parade lap tour of the IMS track, in front of the starting field of the Freedom 100 (Indy Lights), by USF2000 driver Petri Suvanto and his Cape Motorsports race car, in front of a huge crowd. Plus, of course, about three hours of open testing yesterday afternoon at Lucas Oil Raceway. Fun week for all.
    Front and rear onboard videos of Petri’s laps around IMS are on our website (go to the multi-media page), as are photos from the autograph sessions, receptions, etc. Live timing is available for all sessions, and Rob Howden will be calling the sessions and race today on live streaming audio, all available through our website. Our winner will be introduced and interviewed in front of tomorrow’s Indy 500 crowd on the IMS Victory Circle podium, at approximately 10AM. If you’re in town today, we hope you come out to watch and cheer these F2000 drivers tonight.

www.usf2000.com

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

Hope the weather cooperates.

quick storm just blew through, it's clear now, no more rain coming, looks like we'll be maybe 30 minutes late with the start. Big crowd before the rain, hope they all stayed.

Liked: 59

Great race! Congrats Petri and Cape Motorsports!

Check it out...Mazda Road to Indy winning drivers from the Indy weekend being introduced at noon on Sunday, right before the start of the 500

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV4JX...ature=youtu.be

Thread Information