Liked: 490

Default Laguna Seca HSR West/SCCA

Since Richard Holladay is on vacation, I'll post something about the event. It was a great weekend, weather wise and 33 or so F Ford's of all vintages showed up. On Saturday SCCA local Chuck Horn in his Crossle 32 held off HSR's Stewart Patterson by less than a car length for first in Club Ford, and first overall. SCCA's David Roca in his Swift was the first late model F Ford home in 6th overall. HSR's Sam Simpson's Titan Mk-6 was the first Vintage F Ford across in 9th overall.
    On Sunday a 4 car battle between the Club Fords of Chuck Horn, Stewart Patterson, Tom Duncan, and Mark Wilson for first overall was resolved with HSR's Patterson winning and Mark Wilson third, split by local Chuck Horn. Tom Duncan,s Van Diemen was the first Modern F Ford across in sixth overall. HSR's Dan Cowdrey showed up on Sunday after a 1/2 marithon and 2 mile swim portion of a triathlon with his wife Jill on Saturday. Dan in his Titan Mk-6 fought off Sam Simpson for the Vintage F Ford win and seventh overall.
    There was great racing throughout the field, and the San Francisco SCCA along with HSR West put on a great event. Anyone who missed it should make it next year!
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Liked: 5

Thirty-six cars on Saturday! Egad!!!
    Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.

This is the four car battle for the lead. This car passes for the lead, then ends up fourth. They don't race at Vintage events..do they.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPwbjo_cdns
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Banned
    Liked: 1116

As many have known for quite some time....some folks do and some folks clearly don't...

Liked: 0

The camera car is Denny Renfrow, many kudos to him for the video! I had a great time with everyone and I am already looking forward to next year! It was my first time at Laguna and it was so much fun to drive, if you have the chance to drive Laguna don't hesitate even if you have to hop in the Winnebago for a few laps.

Mark

Contributing Member
    Liked: 46

Default Camera ? in camera car

Great shots, very clear and sound was good also, would appreciate the make/model of the camera in the camera car. thanx in advance.

Liked: 29

Default Laguna Seca HSR

Roland: Thanks for the update. Looks like a great time was had by everyone. Amazing you had the time to put this together with everything else you have going.

Congtrats to Richard's "The Series" crew and HSR for all their hard work in pulling this event together. It looks like they got it right, again. They always do.

I think the attendence is proof there is a strong FF contingent still out here on the left coast.

Liked: 259

now that's a FFord race!!! when the sun is out, there's no better place to watch FF's go tooth and nail than Laguna Seca because you can see so much of the track from the hill

Art
    artesmith@earthlink.net

Liked: 127

Awesome racing! Thanks for posting.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 9

Default Camera ? in camera car

Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    Great shots, very clear and sound was good also, would appreciate the make/model of the camera in the camera car. thanx in advance.
    It is a POV (http://www.vio-pov.com/). Not the new POV.HD, though. They are a little pricey. I think the Hero is quite a bit cheaper, but a much different form factor. This was the first time I ran the car with the camera. I think I can get rid of some of the wind noise to improve the audio, but it wasn't bad. At one point I believe I can hear Chuck's engine revs in addition to mine (like cliimbing the hill after turn 5, where he is dropping to 2nd and I'm sticking with 3rd - hmmm).

Denny, thanks for that video! The battle was fun to watch on the track, and on the video!
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Thread Information