Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 190

Quote Originally Posted by Dix View Post
    I have no doubt my stay here will be short-lived....
    Let me see if I can help you with that.

Crap, too slow..... Thanks pru
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Full contact graphic design?
    That's Adobe for you, always charging more and more. Now when you install CS5.5, the software automatically puts a lien on your house and busts you in the kneecap with a tire iron.

Liked: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by starkejt View Post
    Now when you install CS5.5, the software automatically puts a lien on your house and busts you in the kneecap with a tire iron.
    It's the price you pay for being on the creative bleeding edge.

For the record, I don't know Jim Murphy or Jay Novak and couldn't pick any of the F500 or F600 guys out of a lineup. I'm thrilled there is intelligent F5/6 discussion here on ApexSpeed, but I don't like it when someone comes into my house and craps on the living room floor without any regard to the rules.

It's obvious you guys started your own little island forum because you couldn't get along anywhere else, or follow anyone else's house rules. Says a lot about you, frankly. I don't care who is right or wrong, who has the facts or who doesn't—you guys act like floating turds and you won't be long for these forums. I take that VERY seriously.

doug

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Carter View Post
    No more fight-picking. I'm jacked up on Vicodin and I don't have any patience right now.
    You need better Vicodin, I was much more mellow then normal when I took it

Steve

Liked: 5

I tried my best to warn both of them to cool their jets and stick to the facts of the discussion but they just keep saying that I am in the wrong for doing so. Several of the 2 stroke guys have told me privately that they are just mortified by the pair's behavior but are afraid to say anything or they would end up being targets themselves.
    Thank you for enforcing the prime directive.

On another subject, please tell us how you busted your kneecap.

Jim
    Replacement left hip and right knee - too many years of football

Liked: 309

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
    You need better Vicodin, I was much more mellow then normal when I took it

Steve
    Steve, out here we don't need no stinkin' Vicodin. You just blaze up a gram of da ganja weed and mellow out...dude.
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by jim murphy View Post
    I tried my best to warn both of them to cool their jets and stick to the facts of the discussion but they just keep saying that I am in the wrong for doing so. Several of the 2 stroke guys have told me privately that they are just mortified by the pair's behavior but are afraid to say anything or they would end up being targets themselves.

Thank you for enforcing the prime directive.
    We enforce the rules here the same for everyone. They both seemed determined to not only defiantly ignore the forum rules, but pick fights with everyone in the process. They have obviously been banned from enough forums already to feel the need to build their own F500 forum, so that should say enough to anyone paying attention.

I have no allegiance to either side of this discussion, and don't personally know any of the parties involved, but it's necessary to follow our rules here. They didn't seem to want to comprehend that. That's their loss, not ours.

On another subject, please tell us how you busted your kneecap.
    Fell down the stairs holding my daughter while leaving the in-law's house on Easter. She didn't touch the ground at all, but my knee cap did—shattering it into multiple pieces. I'm in a demobilizing brace now waiting for surgery Friday morning. They won't give me stronger Vicodin until after the surgery because they want to make sure they actually work well when the pain levels will be higher.

It's been kind of a rough week so far. I don't know what I would do without Kim here.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Carter View Post
    Fell down the stairs holding my daughter while leaving the in-law's house on Easter. She didn't touch the ground at all, but my knee cap did—shattering it into multiple pieces. I'm in a demobilizing brace now waiting for surgery Friday morning. They won't give me stronger Vicodin until after the surgery because they want to make sure they actually work well when the pain levels will be higher.

It's been kind of a rough week so far. I don't know what I would do without Kim here.
    Ouch! I hope the surgery goes well. Kudos for protecting your daughter during the fall. I worry about that at my house too. I have a Great Dane and a Weimarainer and both of them have tripped me before on the stairs. I'm extra careful now when I carry my daughter up or down the stairs to make sure the dogs go up or down before I do.
    Chris Ross
    09 NovaKBS F600 #36 Powered by '09 600 Suzuki GSX-R
    "If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error." John Kenneth Galbraith

Good luck on your surgery Friday - we will keep you in our prayers.
    Let us know when you are back with a semi-clear head.

Jim

Contributing Member captaineddie1975's Avatar
    Liked: 19

Doug
    That had to hurt! I'm sorry and glad that your daughter didn't get hurt also. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Contributing Member flat tappet's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by tedsimmons2 View Post
    Please stop the bickering! We have two (2 ) other forum sites for that nonsense. Let's leave ApexSpeed the last bastion of neutrality.
    Ll

Well said!! I thought that the reason all of us were in club racing was to have fun....drive safely....and make a bunch of friends. Last time I looked most of us weren't being scouted be Roger penske or proracing at sebring. This past weekend at lime rock the chief steward had to read the riot act to a group of spec pinata drivers about intentional bumping/blocking and in FV where there was only a 7 car field to start..... 3 got knocked out for 1 driver making a stupid mistake. I guess I don't understand why certain drivers want to wreck their own cars......as well as anyone else close by.

At one point yesterday we had 4 badly damaged miatas in impound after 10 minutes
    of racing......yeeeeeeesh.
    Last edited by flat tappet; 06.10.12 at 6:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer360 View Post
    I don't dispute that existing two-stroke F500 drivers would want the 593 approved. How many people from outside the class said they would join the class if the 593 was approved? How many have actually joined the class because of the 593? I bet the answer to both of those questions is zero. MC engine cars have quite a bit of support from people outside the class waiting for it to get approved before they will join as well as some drivers that joined the class before it was approved.

Given the cost of running any SCCA club racing cars, I am very glad to see the efforts by F500 folks to get another engine approved(and perhaps other 2 stroke motors) down the road. Most of you folks are too young to remember the d sport racers in the 60's but they were running 2 stroke SAAB engines, and were perhaps one of the least expensive classes to run in. A final example......for old FARTS like me, a 70 lb Rotax 494 is a lot easier to pull than a Chevy LS7........LOL.

[QUOTE=jim murphy;294520]I will try to asnwer your questions:

1. Regarding the F1000/FB lack of growth rate - Phil Creighton (BOD member & involved in one or more FB's) told me that the MC's were blowing up right and left due to oiling problems caused by high G loads and that issue has scared off several potential FB entries. Our F600's have not encountered ONE oiling problem due to having only one aero downforce device, thus lower G loads.
    2. The current group of F500 drivers are not tired of the 2 stroke - unfortunately most of the drivers in the sunbelt ARE tired of messing with snowmobile/CVT drivetrains AND OUTSIDERS have stayed away in droves as evidenced by our low entry numbers for all these years.
    3. 593's and 600's in FF - the top F500 drivers have already been running as fast, if not faster, than the top FF's around the country for years now. There is a BIG difference between the two classes as the FF is a much more sophisticated and COSTLY chassis package (e.g. - transaxle & coil-overs) when compared to the relatively simplicity and lower cost of a F500 chassis package. I would counter that IF a MC drivetrain would be contemplated for FF in the future then use the 750cc MC rather than a 600cc motor so that a differential can be maintained (or re-established). I am not at this time in favor of eventually removing (or enlarging) the restrictors for either motor.

In summary, 3 years from now - F500 (maybe F600) will have two restricted drivetrains, 2 stroke (mostly the north) & MC (mostly the sunbelt), and, hopefully, will start to rise in the number of entries each year. If we play our marketing right we can make it a friendly rivalry (2 stroke vs. MC) that the media can use to talk about our class.
    More entries at every race is the ultimate goal as this translates into more fun and more attractiveness to our class.

Jim
    Been messing with these cars since 1982[/QUOTe

Really well said, Jim.........and when the prevailing winds turn southerly, F500 racers here in Vermont......and across New England will goose their throttles and send a giant castor bean cloud south to turn their MC running brothers on to a SKIDOO high........LOL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information