Thread: Bocar Carb

Liked: 53

Default Bocar Carb

I was looking at my favorite toy store (EBAY) and found a Bocar 34 PICT for sale.

Needless to say $38 later I was its owner.

Now I did forget to ask if it was the one we use... But atleast I have a base for trade.

G.

Last edited by gbmetcalf; 04.12.11 at 5:47 PM.
    G. Brian Metcalf
    72 AutoD MK4
    1991 Mysterian M2
    2014 ALR73 FV/FST

Liked: 0

Unless I'm missing some magic bit of information that is indeed the widget of choice. Nice find.

Liked: 50

That's the one. Now for the mods...
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425
    http://www.sracing.com

Liked: 151

Default Not a lot of mods

Don't be afraid of the mods since legally you can’t do that much to the carb.

The beauty of the FST rules is you can’t swap out the shaft or the throttle plate for spec units. You can’t even remove the plate without some fancy tools for re-swedging the screws. All that’s really necessary is remove the choke and solenoids and plug up the vacuum lines. Optionally, you can cut off the choke coil housing. You are required to use a screw in fuel fitting. You can enlarge the jets if you want and this is the big modification that I think Jim is alluding to. You can ask competitors what they use and you’ll get a ball park that will be pretty decent. SR provides a service where you send them an un-jetted carb. They jet it on a real engine on their hi tech dyno and you’ll be pretty darn close to right on. That’s what I’d do if I wasn’t paying a pro builder to optimize everything. The scary part of used street carbs is that they can be glopped up from former abuse, so knowing it works on a dyno is very reassuring.

The FST rules were made by old vee racers who learned by experience what not to do if your goal is cheap racing.

Liked: 53

Awesome advice! Carb is in a million pieces in the ultrasonic parts cleaner. I will re-assemble it after it is all clean.

G.
    G. Brian Metcalf
    72 AutoD MK4
    1991 Mysterian M2
    2014 ALR73 FV/FST

Thread Information