Contributing Member lmpdesigner's Avatar
    Liked: 35

Default Add sports racer categories?

Is anyone interested in opening up ApexSpeed to non-formula car categories? Specifically i am talking about adding C Sports/D Sports to site. I know there is DSRforum but I like the format and quality of Apexspeed and was wondering if there was any compelling interest or need in adding some more car classes to it?

It would be up to Apexspeed (I have no "power" to make it happen) but just was curious if anyone else would like to see some other car classes added?

Liked: 6

Yes, id read it.

Liked: 13

Default redundant

I like the DSR forum and they do cover CSR's as well. They do a pretty good job for sports racers of all types. Of course there is always room for improvement, but that all costs money.

There are other historic & Vintage & the like forums out there. There seems to be no shortage of forums.

I feel it would be redundant to have another forum that is a basically the same thing, however, if there is something that you could add that the other forums don't do & it is a significant thing that others feel the same way about maybe it would fly.

However, at this time I do not see the need.

Just my opinion.

m.

Liked: 43

I've raced both types of cars and would like to follow the sportsracer classes also.
    Spec-racer Fords not so much.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

I think there's enough sub forums here as it is, maybe too many. I say keep Apex "all open wheel, all the time."
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Liked: 1417

as much as i really dig s/r classes, we are really a formula car website. never say never, but unless the existing forums for those classes close down, it is highly unlikely that csr or dsr will ever be a part of apexspeed.com.

oh, and to reduce the mass of forums that we have here, you can always toggle the ones you don't read by using the [+] and [-] buttons in the top right of the forum header. the settings should stick in cookies for the next time you return.

Liked: 1

Default Yes please!

Please Doug?! Been spoiled with Apex for years but now that I have fenders I also go to the other forum...

Also some FA issues are similar to CSR and FB to DSR.

-Keegan
    Last edited by KVS84; 03.04.11 at 9:37 AM.

Contributing Member Ty_Handke_83's Avatar
    Liked: 18

Quote Originally Posted by KVS84 View Post
    Please Doug?! Been spoiled with Apex for years but now that I have fenders I also go to the other forum...

Also some FA issues are similar to CSR and FB to DSR.

-Keegan
    Well, can't you just post those certain issues in the FA/FB sections?
    I don't think anything/anyone is really stopping you.

Hell, I'm seriously considering turning my Ralt into a S/R to run track days with it since I can't run it as an Atlantic up here. It would be good to have the sections, but I really don't think it's necessary.
    Ty Handke

HMST Inc.

Liked: 1

I know nobody is stopping me Ty, just trying to use the similarity argument so I can surf 1 forum at work instead of 2.

-Keegan

Liked: 210

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Carter View Post
    as much as i really dig s/r classes, we are really a formula car website. never say never, but unless the existing forums for those classes close down, it is highly unlikely that csr or dsr will ever be a part of apexspeed.com
    GOOD on you, Doug. As much as I also enjoy the DSR/CSR Forum, there are people over on that Forum who have put a BIG EFFORT in to making that place a success (just as here). To try and pirate away their audiance wouldn't be playing nice.

But if something happens, different story.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 14

sportsracer forum is a good place with some good info to be had if you filter thru the non sense ( like all forums). Dont think there needs to be a second area to argue over weight, we have enough of our own hot topics. Tires, engines, shifters, various chassis etc.
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Thread Information