• Yes - I am a crew member / SCCA member / driver-no FB / other

12 22.22%
  • No - I am a crew member / SCCA member / driver-no FB / other

5 9.26%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Liked: 1116

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    I was ignoring it because the statement shows me that you have a clear lack of understanding of how a front running FB performs in the brake zone. No one is going to be counting how many shifts they felt accurately
    It's also clear that you have a lack of understanding of how great my skills are

By the way, I call horsesheit. How in the heck is anybody possibly driving one of these monsters without a geartronix and not ending up only downshifting once or 5 times OR from your previous statements not having a shift rejected if they aren't counting (even if not conciously)?

Liked: 151

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl DeArman View Post
    It's also clear that you have a lack of understanding of how great my skills are

By the way, I call horsesheit. How in the heck is anybody possibly driving one of these monsters without a geartronix and not ending up only downshifting once or 5 times OR from your previous statements not having a shift rejected if they aren't counting (even if not conciously)?
    people are counting how many times they move the lever or click the switch. Do it four times and you should get four shifts. Witht the mechanical option drivers are having problems where it feels like the lever moved enough to be a shift, but when they turn inthey find out they are in third instead of second because one of those lever movements didn't cause a gear change. The drivers can't feel whether or not the shift happened.
    The geartronics users occasionally have a problem where from all of the bouncing around and other activities inthe braking zone they initiate another shift. They don't feel the extra shift and they usually figure it out until they are spinning through the corner they were trying to take.
    These are the specific reasons no one is going to go into a braking zone and want to just hold down a switch and wait until they feel/hear their desired number of shifts and release it.
    Last edited by Wren; 04.13.11 at 8:58 PM. Reason: IPhone misspelling

Liked: 43

The geartronics users occasionally have a problem where from all of the bouncing around and other activities inthe braking zone they initiate another shift. They don't feel the extra shift and they usually figure it out until they are spinning through the corner they were trying to take.
    How do you do this if the system will not allow an over rev condition? Are you spinning the car because of rear wheel lock up???

Liked: 6

Hope everyone that is in favor of using the Geartronics or Proshift systems have taken the time to write to the members of the CRB AND the BOD.
    Both should be contacted. The BOD that I have spoken with say that they have not received the proposal from the CRB yet, possible after the June Sprints.

PLEASE WRITE

Contributing Member Mike Devins's Avatar
    Liked: 29

I have written a letter in favor of open shifting in FB, if anyone else would like a copy to use as a starting point please let me know, email is below.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information