Liked: 2

Default Vector FVs wanted!

I'm collecting Vectors, got one or know of one?
    Thanks!
    Lance

Liked: 0

Hey that red GB4 is my old car. I was wondering where it went to. Have you contacted Greg Bruns in SC. He was the original manufacturer. I know he built a number of them. I think that car was 008. That was one fun, stout car.
    Ian MacLeod
    "Happy Hour: 5:00 - 5:30"
    Tatuus F1k

Liked: 16

Quote Originally Posted by sidney View Post
    Hey that red GB4 is my old car. I was wondering where it went to. Have you contacted Greg Bruns in SC. He was the original manufacturer. I know he built a number of them. I think that car was 008. That was one fun, stout car.

I owned it next, sold it to Dennis McCarthy who traded it for an FC before it was converted to an FST.

Wish I'd kept it.
    Rob Zatz

Hey Guys!

Please fill me in on the car while each of you had it. Do you have any photos that you could send me?

Do you know how to contact Greg?

Thanks!!

Lance

Global Moderator Dave Woodmancy's Avatar
    Liked: 69

Default Vectors

I think there were a total of 9 GB-4's built by Greg and then 1 produced by the Abbott's so far, for a total of 10. I may be wrong. You may want to see if Terry has any info on how many GB1-3's there were, but I know there were not many.

As far as the 10 GB-4's go, Terry has two, at one time I think Larry Bacon in CA had two. There were two that roamed texas for awhile, maybe ended up to be Larry's cars? The cars that are MIA I think would be the one that Mitchell Ferguson owned in VA, the DRE Bill Bonow car (Bill probably knows?) and the former Jeff Leonas car. Would be interesting to see if we could find them all just for fun.

I'd sure like to find all of them, and maybe even acquire a couple more, I think they're well designed and built cars, and look darn good too! Any help to do so would be greatly appreciated.

Lance

Liked: 16

Lance, I bought it in '02, sold it in '04.

Before purchasing Ian's car I'd sat in one that was raced out of Allentown, PA. Don't remember the name of the owner. My recollection is that it was made the same time mine was and was originally Bill Bonow's but I could be wrong about that. The owner had raised the main roll hoop by quite a few inches.
    Rob Zatz

Who painted the car in the current colors? (It looks GREAT!)
    What brand of paint is it and what is the color code?
    I want to paint the nose a mix of white and red...
    Thanks!
    Lance

I own one of the earliest Vector chassis (GB1). It was built and raced by Greg Bruns before being sold to Charlie Ruehl (who raced it for several years). I purchased it as a bare chassis (with body) with the intent of converting it to autocross use (SCCA Solo Vee/Fmod).

Would you be interested in selling it?
    Lance

PM Sent.

Anyone else have pics of their Vectors (past or present)? I have seen photos of John Pitman's GB4 (and now Lance's), but would love to see more pics or hear more stories and history.

Liked: 33

Default Vector in San Fran region

The vector that was owned by Larry Bacon was sold to a guy named Don (can't remember last name) that I went through driver's school with him in March of last year. He had a bit of an off, hooked the car and hit the flaggers stand and damaged the car (front beam sheared on the right right and some other bent parts)

Last I saw the car it was in the process of being fixed and was on four wheels and looking pretty good, but Don did not run any of the races throughout the rest of the year. I don't know whether he still plans on running the car or not, but thought you'd want to know where at least one of them was

here are a couple pics of Don with the car at driver's school (photos courtesy of Jeff Canfield & Nick Cameron)

Liked: 13

Terran,

That would be Don Krysakowski. Spelling is close, I think!

-Jim

Default Update!

Larry is going to try to hook me up with Don to inquire if Don is interested in selling the car.
    Lance

Sold my chassis to Lance... so I think that is three for him? #1 Vector Collector???

Good luck and keep us updated, Lance.

Liked: 19

I Dont know about all that......

Need Vector parts,bodies,info,chaasis Can help anybody out
    Terry Abbott

2-Vector FV's
    1-SM Miata

Thread Information