Liked: 0

Default AC MOTO USA- Buyer Beware!

In the spirit of watching out for fellow FB racers there definitely needs to be a heads up for anyone who is thinking about purchasing a motor from this company.

www.acmotousa.com.

I'll try to keep the story as short as possible. I purchased an "86 mile" complete car kit 08 GSXR 1000 motor from them for $2988 (great deal) shipped on 1/7/11. 2 weeks later and after a week of hounding them for a real tracking number (instead of the incorrect ones I had received) my motor was finally overnighted from Georgia to California (talk about pricey shipping!). What was supposed to be a complete car kit was instead just a motor- no ecu, no electrical, just the motor. Things that didn't "smell" right about the motor and transaction to this point:

1. The motor was picked up by UPS from a residential address in North Carolina- not from the address on their website.
    2. The motor was picked up on Friday at 5:30pm. I was told on Thursday and Friday before this time that it had already been picked up and would be delivered to CA on Friday- stall tactic?
    3. This supposed "86 mile" motor already had an aftermarket oil filter installed on it.
    4. The motor seemed "suspiciously" clean- almost like it was abrasively cleaned before being shipped. The stamped serial numbers on the block supported the abrasive cleaning theory as they seemed worn.
    5. Overnighted from North Carolina to CA and Saturday delivery!- Who can afford to pay this much in shipping and sell an 86 mile complete car kit 08 GSXR 1000 for $2988?
    6. http://www.secretary.state.nc.us/cor...itemId=9456857

AC Moto offered to overnight the rest of the complete car kit, but at this point I didn't trust the motor or the company. I was having the motor dynoed and completely checked over and was up against a time crunch for a test day. I didn't have a single extra day to spare if by chance the motor was not 100% what it was supposed to be once my motor guy got into the motor. I told them to ship the motor back to themselves and to give me a refund.

Trying to get a refund- At first they told me I would receive a refund the same day that they agreed to take the motor back and that the refund had been initiated. A day later I was told the refund would take a day or two because it had to pass through the accounting department. A day after that I was told I would receive a refund after they had the motor back in their possession (at this point I was frustrated, but figured this was understandable). I was told I would be sent a return label to give to my motor guy and then the motor would be picked up. 2 days and no label later I find out from my motor man that the motor was picked up by DHL 2 days prior!

The next week I get a call from Moe letting me know that a refund would be initiated since they had received the motor back. However, I receive no confirmation emails from paypal that a refund has been initiated. A day later I am told that the refund will take a few days because it needs to pass through accounting. Then finally, a confirmation email from paypal that an e-check has been initiated and that in 3-5 days the money would be in my paypal account. I think I am in the clear until 3-5 days later the paypal e-check is declined by the senders bank. After many many phone calls I finally get a response and a paper check overnighted to my address. Surprising and thankfully that check cleared the bank and 5 weeks after purchasing the motor I can be done with these guys.

Of course add into the story the constantly unanswered phone calls even in the middle of the day and the constantly changing story and you can understand my frustration.

Take my story for what it is worth. I, however, will not even consider doing business with this company no matter how good the deal is. I just don't want other FB racers to have to go down this same path. With all the other headaches and timelines we deal with in racing this is the last kind of thing you want to deal with with preparing for a race season!

Thanks to my motor man for sourcing a motor for me at the last minute!

Default Don't Buy ANYTHING from AC MOTO LLC/USA!!!! SCAM

Voloracer I am with you on this one: Their 'names' as they told me are MOE and CARMINE. I have been dealing with these idiots for 8 MONTHS now and still have not received my title. Here is the story of how I am getting screwed over and why you should NEVER buy from AC MOTO LLC/USA

acmotousa.com: avoid this website

Guys I apologize for how long this is but I am just trying to keep people safe and save you the trouble and money for dealing with these idiots. Hopefully this will help you guys somehow.

In November I ended up purchasing a salvage 2007 R1 Frame from AC Moto LLC. I should have backed out as soon as I saw that I was unable to pay through pay pal but they made me pay through a different method, I think it was google or something. After 2 weeks of not receiving my frame I called them and spoke to them about where my title was. They said they had to go through the insurance process and once it was cleared they would send me the frame. After a month passed, I finally got my frame but a title was nowhere to be found. I searched and searched until I realized they did not send a title. The same night I got the frame I ended up putting my motorcycle together and a few weeks later I had the new frame on my bike. I contacted them and asked them where the title was. At first when I started calling they would pick up the phone every time I called. When I spoke to MOE he told me that titles were sent out separately and I should receive the title in a few weeks. After a few weeks I called them and asked where my title was. ( it was not Christmas time) they asked for the VIN number and to my "Luck" they had sent me a clean title frame instead of the salvage title frame I bought. I was happy about that and they told me they sent my frame out to some guy in Australia and since he was happy with the frame they said I can keep the "clean title" frame. They said since it was a clean title frame and they bought he motorcycle from an auction, it would be about another month until I would receive the title. I was fine with that

After a month had passed I contacted them and asked them where my title was. They said that they were not sure and they would have to ask 'MARGARET' the woman that was in charge of the titles and documents. I started calling them every single day and they stopped answering my calls. Sometimes it would go straight to voice mail and it was a period of probably 3 weeks (February) that I could not get a hold of them. I was pissed and wanted to get my title so I can ride. I had my 2007 R1 put all back together and ready to ride but had no documents or proof that the motorcycle was mine. So finally after a month of straight calling MOE picked up the phone and I asked him what ta hell was going on. He told me that MARGARET the lady that was in charge of the titles messed up on my title and 5 other motorcycles. They told me she was fired and that they were doing their best to get me my title but it would take another month or so until they can straighten everything out with the DMV. I was pissed but figured they were probably telling the truth even though now I am sure it was all lies. I would call them every week to ask about my title but they would only pick up the phone once every few weeks. They acted all cool with me and tried to have small talk. This went on until the beginning of last month/APRIL 2011.

I contacted them at the beginning of April and they told me that the guy from the DMV had all the paperwork squared away and the title was sent out so all they needed to do was receive it. In Oregon(where I am from) it only takes 3-4 weeks to get your title in the mail so once May came along I called them and asked them why I have not received my title. I did not trust these guys so I told CARMINE to give me the guys number that took care of the paperwork so I can talk to him myself. He told me he would schedule a meeting over the phone and he said he would give me a call FIRST THING IN THE MORNING.There were probably dozens of times where they said "oh I will look into it and talk to MOE or the managers and I will give you a call" CARMINE was the guy that I was talking to now. I never received a phone call from them so I was really pissed. I called them 20 times in one day and called and called and called until those jackasses picked up the phone. I went off on them and told them if I did not receive my title in 2 weeks I want $4000 for all the crap I went through and all the time I spent on putting the new frame on my motorcycle. He said I understand and you got to do what you got to do. I also told them that if I do not receive my title or money by the end of this month/MAY 2011 I will sue their asses. CARMINE told me that he would talk to his bosses and he would let me know. He also offered to send me a new clean title frame WITH A TITLE and some money for the troubles I went through. I do not feel like doing another frame swap on my motorcycle. All I need is a damn title and if I can't get the title then I am planning on selling my motorcycle for what its worth probably $4000 and using the money from them to buy myself a new motorcycle before the summer. They have not called back and I think have disconnected the phone so I cannot contact them.

I know a few really good layers so If I do not hear back from them in 1 week I am suing them for the maximum amount allowed under small claims which I believe is $9000. They failed to give me a refund and failed to deliver a product I paid for.

I AM WRITING THIS TO HOPEFULLY OPEN PEOPLES EYES ABOUT THIS SO CALLED 'BUSINESS'. DON'T TRUST THESE GUYS BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL A BUNCH OF IDIOTS. NEVER BUY FROM AC MOTO LLC/USA. AT THE END YOU WILL END UP GETTING SCREWED OVER AND LOSE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME AND MONEY. SPREAD THE WORD AND LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE HAS HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH THESE GUYS. LETS BRING THIS SCAM BUSINESS TO A COMPLETE STOP AND RUN THEM OUT OF BUSINESS.

Thanks guys and sorry for the length of this message

-Borce

Liked: 84

this has to be the 10th complaint against these guys, same story everytime. They have ripped off a bunch of FB/DSR guys. I think we need to make this a sticky post so it stays at the top to get the word out, these guys are scum.

Default Do not buy from these guys AC MOTO LLC/USA

Yeah I don't think its a business at all. Probably a few guys working out of their garage. They need to be punished for all the lies and crap they sell to people. More people need to know about these guys and avoid dealing with idiots like this.

Liked: 59

Looks like a storage center on Google Earth. Even if you go there it's probably a waste if they arent there. If you can find a home address...might help with a warrant or summons.

Their address:
    AC Moto, LLC
    715 E. Geer Street D3
    Durham NC 27701
    Phone: (919) 526.6089
    Last edited by billwald; 05.23.11 at 6:57 PM.

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Quote Originally Posted by billwald View Post
    If you can find a home address...might help with a warrant or summons.
    Well it took me about 3 seconds to find a home address.

If one was so inclined you could search the NC secretary of state website for AC Moto and get the corporate officers home address as well as mailing address.

It might help if you have difficulty serving a summons to a storage building.

Banned

Re-reading the initial post I saw the link to the NC SoS search results as reason #6----just curious what the red-flag was with the info there.

Yeah if I don't receive my money or the title that is what I am going to do. I talked to them today and he said he was going to call me. No surprise no phone call so far. Im sick of these guys and am going to look in for the address for sure. These guys should not be running a business. Thanks Daryl and bill

Liked: 1417

They are an immediate RED FLAG here on ApexSpeed: any post or thread about ACmoto, SHY Motorsports, MRE Motors, Shaher Yousef, Moe (Mahmoud) Yousef, Ibraham Yousef, or any of their other aliases is a warning light to everyone—and there have been many in the past. These guys are bad news, and I don't like them around here on ApexSpeed.

I have seen enough from them to know that there is nothing good that can happen when dealing with any of them. There are continuous excuses from them about how they are not associated with the other, yet their names continue to pop up in serious messes in internet dealings. I don't care if any of them are innocent of wrongdoing—they are all associated and guilty in the eyes of ApexSpeed.

And having one of your girlfriends register under an assumed name and spam the forums with praise and support for their companies is beyond childish.

Everyone would be well served by staying away from anyone associating with these losers.

I think Doug Carter the administrator said it all. I just want to move on with this problem and start riding. I have a brand new 07R1 that I can't ride because I thought these idiots were legit since I bought from ebay. I think we just need to make people aware of these guys so riders don't get screwed over like myself and voloracer. At least he got his money back, I have been trying to do that for 8 months with no success...

Liked: 1878

If you bought through ebay, make sure that you go back and give them a scathing review.

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Anybody know if David Burkett has had any success in throwing the book at these guys?

Liked: 1

Default throwing the book...

Hey y'all,
    Just a quick thought....this is the internet age...instant info...it really is a very small world. It might be a nice idea for this AS community to organize a verification "team' with reps/volunteers in each corner of the states. I'd be willing to visit these types in person prior to a transaction to shoot real time video of the item, its purveyors and the facility to help folks avoid this sort of thing. Adds a little realism to these efforts!
    Just buy the beer! Your thoughts? (...yeah, I used to do inperson collections)
    NE area

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl DeArman View Post
    Re-reading the initial post I saw the link to the NC SoS search results as reason #6----just curious what the red-flag was with the info there.
    The last name Yousef as the registered agent was the red-flag on that item. I had seen that last name thrown around a little bit relating to other companies and other motor problems so the link there seemed fishy to me. Sorry it was pretty vague.

Before I could leave a negative feedback on their ebay page, their account ended up getting banned from ebay.... hmmmm I wonder why. That really got me worried and at that point I realized I was dealing with some really bad people. I am totally with you on this one smittty, that would be awesome and I am down to do that myself. I want some photos of what their "shop" looks like.

If you paid with a credit card you should dispute the charge. Even if it was a purchase along time ago. Also file a complaint with the attorney general.

Yeah I paid with a credit card and have documentation of that, I have all the emails and everything. I just talked to them today and they said they will give me an exact answer tomorrow if they will pay me or not. If they won't then the attorney general is the first thing I will do. Thanks gqsmooth

acmoto

Liked: 2

Default Have one engine, but would like another, so ---

-- can anyone list some of the known reputable dealers for 1000cc GXSRs? I know there are no guarantees, but where have people had good luck?

Thanks,

Chris Crowe

Use an American Express card. They love to fight with problem merchants and will fight tooth and nail for you!

Greg Moon at Moon's Super Cycle!!!!!!!!! He builds my engines for DSR.

414-716-0005
    Lawrence Loshak
    '13 FB & HP National Champion
    '10 DSR National Champion
    '06 EP National Champion

Still have not had any luck with these guys, their phone is disconnected and I can't get ahold of them. I am thinking of writing a letter but I don't think thats going to get me anywhere. Anyone have any ideas? I tried contactinga a lawyer for a letter but none were willing to do it so I am going to keep on looking.

Liked: 43

Contact David Burkett in Texas. He may be interested in a class action suit against AC MOTO.

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45301

Quote Originally Posted by borce32 View Post
    Still have not had any luck with these guys, their phone is disconnected and I can't get ahold of them. I am thinking of writing a letter but I don't think thats going to get me anywhere. Anyone have any ideas? I tried contactinga a lawyer for a letter but none were willing to do it so I am going to keep on looking.
    You paid with a credit card right? Is your credit card company not battling it out for you?

Yeah I paid with a debt card but what are they going to do about it? This happened in October 2010. Could they still do something about it? I am so close to flying to South Carolina myself and knocking on this guys door.

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Default Ebay Sellers

Hey Guys, I'm sure this has been said before, when buying on Ebay only purchase from a seller with lots of seller feedback & in the range of 99-100% positive rating. I have puchased hundreds of items (including Hayabusa engines) with no problems. Any reputable seller wants to keep his good rating & will work with you to do so.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Default Debit card

"Yeah I paid with a debt card..."

I strongly recommend not paying for mail-order items with a debit card. (Actually, I never use one, but that's just my preference.)

You lose a lot of legal protections when you use a debit card instead a credit card.

Banned

Yeah I paid with a debt card but what are they going to do about it? This happened in October 2010. Could they still do something about it? I am so close to flying to South Carolina myself and knocking on this guys door.
    I don't think they'll do anything about it now, but it doesn't hurt to inquire.

I don't know that a door knock is the best route. Some states also allow business owners to carry concealed while on their own premises. Generally people who con people seem to always be watching their back, as they have victims everywhere.

Call the local authorities and have them knock on the guys door.

Eventually all this crap catches up with these folks. Life caught up with somebody I thought I was pretty close to. Turned out that he was a very good con man. Eventually, he couldn't handle the hole he had dug anymore and took his own life, but not before taking a number of very good people out with him. I don't want to get into personal details, lets just say things would have ended up better for everybody and all the victims' families involved if "Joe" would have been put behind bars 10 years ago.
    Last edited by Daryl DeArman; 07.21.11 at 4:07 PM.

Yeah I'm sorry to hear that and thats really unfortunate. I am not that desperate for my money to the point where people get hurt and there have been people scammed worse then me.

I think calling the cops is a good idea and will end up doing that. These guys have scammed lots of people and deserve to be out of business. I don't understand how people are still buying from these guys.

Banned

Thank you. Everyday I think of all those other victims and their families.

The cons make sure they keep enough people happy to be able to attract new victims.
    Last edited by Daryl DeArman; 07.21.11 at 6:00 PM.

Yeah that's really unfortunate and wrong. Guess what guys? Ac moto actually put the refund order through for what I paid so I am really happy. I thought I would never see that money again. It will take a few days for me to receive the money though since it has to go through the bank first. I really hope I get my money in a few days.

Will keep you guys updated on my situation.

Banned

I just hope everyone else could get their refunds as well because I know how it is when someone screws you over.

One of my friends got scammed through Craigslist for $3500, he though he was buying a motorcycle from Detroit and ended up paying through Western Union and he never saw his money again.

Yeah that's really unfortunate and wrong. Guess what guys? Ac moto actually put the refund order through for what I paid so I am really happy. I thought I would never see that money again. It will take a few days for me to receive the money though since it has to go through the bank first. I really hope I get my money in a few days.

Will keep you guys updated on my situation.
    I hope the refund hit your card soon. I don't want to squash your hopes, but they tried the "refund has been initiated tactic" with me to stall for about 2 weeks. It was at least the beginning of me getting the real refund though, so hopefully you are on track to get your money back. Keep calling and calling if they are stalling. Let us know how it turns out.

Yeah I ended up getting the full refund a few days after they sent me the email so I am happy. I am so glad I am done with these stupid f**ks. I moved on and ended up buying a 2007 R6 charcoal gray with 5k miles so it worked out for me at the end. I suggest no one ever do business with these guys because you will get screwed over. One of the guys ended up calling me once I got the money and apologized for everything. He said Mo and the other guy got fired because they were doing lots of shady work that no one knew about. I have learned my lesson and I know one company that I will never ever do business with. Hope all of you guys figured out your problems with these frauds as well.

-borce32

Default ac moto/yousef et. al.

I have contacted the Attorney General, the FBI, and Homeland Security. I have the names and addresses of the principals and a "confession" from one of the brothers. I have a ton of information. Please save your documentation. I won't rest until all of them pay for these scams. I can be reached at Burketta@aol.com.

Good stuff David I hope you can be successful with all of this. Because of these guys I lost 8 months of my life trying to deal with their BS and my dream bike because I could not get a title for the frame. At the end they refunded my money but I lost 40 hours of labor and $500 for all that I put into the bike to do the frame swap. I hope you burn these guys good because they deserve it. You have my support and if you need any witnesses or proof then I can help you out with whatever I got.

How did they scam you?

Default Scammers

Any body filed police reports or complaints with Better Business Bureau? What are the options?

Thread Information