Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 553

Default Cooling system peace of mind

I've always like the low pressure warning light. It's reassuring to watch it go off after the engine warms up a bit. I use to know the Napa PN for the sender, but lost it. It would trigger the light when the pressure was under 2-4 lb.

I bought a Stant cooling system pressure tester years ago and use it often. It is a great way to find leaks and let you know if the system will hold pressure for a long time. Much better to find a problem in the garage before a race meeting than on track.

Liked: 35

Nice lookin ride there JP........
    Scotty
    Est. 1990
    Taylor Race Engineering

Liked: 59

JP; The car is even more stunning in person. Great work! Sorry about the problems, you'll get it sorted out. See you again soon.

Liked: 84

thanks Bill, I was really looking forward to chasing you and Tom around the track that weekend.
    Anyway, I've located a couple of promising 08 engines from my always trusted WERA forums and came across a really nice 09 engine that someone may be interested in. It isn't very cheap ($3500) but it has under 1000 miles and is a complete kit (ECU, wiring etc.) so if anyone is interested I'd jump on it right away as this will go fast I'm sure:

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=282442

Liked: 8

Default Congrats

JP, I want to add my compliments on all the hard work you have done on the car. You have done a great job.

As others have said, now the best improvements you can make to your lap times is maximizing your seat time. Drive it as often as you can. As you get more familiar with the car and sort out any small "tuning" challenges that arise, you will see your confidence rise and the lap times fall!

Set yourself some short and longer-term objectives...and keep voloumous notes on set up, what both you and the car did each session; In my experience the notes become invaluable as you fine tune the car....and the notes will start to identify where the car (or your driving) needs development.

You will find (if you can do it) a little driver's instruction/coaching will really move you forward very quickly; The best way is to set up driver training sessions at every new track you drive; in this way you will learn the track more quickly, the coach will also give you set up hints for the car, and you will develop your personal driving style much more quickly.

Don't you like how I am spending all your money??

You have done a great job not only developing the car, but involving yourself with some real quality people. The future is looking good for you; best for 2011

Tom
    Last edited by brownslane; 02.24.11 at 2:06 PM. Reason: speeeling
    Tom Owen
    Owner - Browns Lane and Racelaminates.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information