Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked: 707

Default Mystt F1000 monthly drawings

The winner for the January drawing is.............. Brett Lane!

Brett wins the grand prize of a $100 product credit courtesy of Pennon Composites. He'll also receive a 2010 F1000 T-shirt and a flex-fit hat courtesy of Gyrodynamics.

Congratulations, Brett!

Remember, to be eligible for prize money and other awards, you MUST register for the championship. You can download the form at http://www.formula1000.com/ (click on the "Registration" button.) We'll be doing this every month through the Runoffs, so get in on the fun!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

The winner for the February drawing is...............David Burkett!

David wins a $100 product credit (courtesy of Pennon Composites) and a free pair of Liquid Spectrum sunglasses (courtesy of Slick Eyewear).

Remember, to be eligible for prize money and other awards, you MUST register for the championship. You can download the form at http://www.formula1000.com/ (click on the "Registration" button.) We'll be doing this every month through the Runoffs, so get in on the fun!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

The winner for the March drawing is...............Randy Mitchell!

Randy wins a $100 product credit courtesy of Pennon Composites. He'll also receive a 2010 F1000 T-shirt and a flex-fit hat courtesy of Gyrodynamics.

To be eligible for prize money and other awards, you MUST register for the championship. You can download the form at http://www.formula1000.com/ (click on the "Registration" button.) We'll be doing this every month through the Runoffs, plus the big grand prize drawing for the custom Jongbloed wheels at the Runoffs! You can't win if you don't enter!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Liked: 309

I'm not complaining, Mike, but I honestly thought I was coming to this thread to see drawings of the "Mystt F1000".

That is clearly NOT the case, so what AM I on this thread for?

Stan (Clueless in California) Clayton
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Uuuhhh...
    well....

It's not a drawing but it is a representation of the Mystt F1000 National Championship:

Just don't expect this type of drawing monthly!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

I honestly thought, "Oh cool...CAD drawings of a new F-1000 design."

Never heard of Mystt Vodka.

Carry on!
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Clayton View Post
    You should pop into the F1000 forum more often:

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43791

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43898

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44097

CAD drawings probably would've been found in the car building forum.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    You should pop into the F1000 forum more often:

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43791

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43898

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44097

CAD drawings probably would've been found in the car building forum.
    Well, yes...now that I've driven one!

Oh, and who looks in the various fora? I simply open Apex and click on "new Posts".
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

I simply open Apex and click on "new Posts".
    They were all new at one time!

Seriously, I thought you were in my F1000 e-mail distribution. Now that you've seen the light, want me to add you?
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    Seriously, I thought you were in my F1000 e-mail distribution. Now that you've seen the light, want me to add you?
    Yes...thank you!
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

April's winner has been drawn among all drivers registered with the Mystt Premium Vodka F1000 National Championship presented by George Dean Racing Engines and Taylor Race Engineering.
    For April, the grand prize is a free case of Joe Gibbs Driven racing oil courtesy of American Spirit Racing. The winner also receives a free pair of Liquid Spectrum sunglasses (courtesy of Slick Eyewear).

And the winner is.......................................Peter Frost of Douglasville, Georgia! Peter drives a Phoenix in the Southeast. Congratulations, Peter!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

I honestly thought, "Oh cool...CAD drawings of a new F-1000 design."

Carry on!
    Well, never let it be said that our forum and series sponsors aren't monitoring the goings-on with their investments. It seems that the good folks at Mystt Premium Vodka were so shocked that I'd never heard of them that they decided to set me straight.

To that end I have recently evaluated some of their excellent product line and thought I'd share with you my impressions.

So where to start. I had promised the good folks from Mystt that I'd share my impressions, but we were going flat out trying to get some product out the door for eager clients, as well as fit in a busy week of wedding and related activities.

That calls for tequila!

Now, I have been enjoying tequila since the mid '70s, and have been to Old Mexico many times and speak Spanish (Guatemalan, but most Mexicans can't tell that accent from Southern Mexican). And I've vacationed in Guanajuato and Jalisco (the Mexican States where tequila is made), so for a non-expert I can honestly say I know my tequila.

For you non-tequila drinkers, here's the short version: ALL tequila is made in one or more of just over 100 distilleries. There are four grades: blanco, aged 0-60 days and generally harsh; reposado, aged 2 mo to 1 year and MUCH smoother; añejo, aged 1-3 years; and extra añejo, aged over 3 years. Mystt sent me a bottle each of their reposado and añejo, which they had distilled in Old Mexico.

And now to business. I must say I was quite taken with Mystt's reposado. I know that there are about 100 distilleries that produce all of Mexico's tequila, but there was no NOM on the bottle, so it is impossible for me to say which produced Mystt's. In any case Mystt chose well because it's easy to end up with a harsh reposado. In Mystt's case, the start is very smooth...much better than what I expect from a run-of-the-mill reposado, more like a decent añejo. And the finish is bright with just a hint of the harshness that marks mid-grade tequilas. In my opinion this is a superior reposado, and Mystt should be happy with their blend. This tequila is drinkable as is, or would make a superior mixed drink.
    [FONT=Verdana]
    Mystt's a[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]ñejo was also a pleasant surprise, though perhaps it shouldn't have been after trying their reposado. The start is very smooth (maybe too subtle for the typical American who might be tempted to use it with a mixer), and the finish is equally smooth and protracted. And to its credit, this a[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]ñejo has[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] none of the aftertaste of bourbon barrels that currently the fashion in branded a[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]ñejos[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]. (Obviously, I am not a fan of the heavy finishes [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]bourbon barrels produce.)

Anyway, I've just poured a second shot of Mystt's a[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]ñejo and have no argument with it whatsoever. It is a very smooth and superior blend. If you like a quality [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]a[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]ñejo with an honest tequila finish, get yourself a bottle of this. You won't be disappointed.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]
    So Mystt, when do you come out with your extra a[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]ñejo?[/FONT]
    [FONT=calibri]
    [FONT=Verdana]Cheers! Stan

PS - Vodka next!!!
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    Last edited by Stan Clayton; 05.16.11 at 7:58 PM.
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 79

Mysst?

Never heard of them, what do you say they do again? Tequila, Vodka???!!!!!!
    Williams Racing Developments Inc
    704 658 0940 www.willrace.com

WE HAVE MOVED...... 503 Performance Road, Mooresville, NC, 28115

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

In that case, let's see if this same technique will work again and yield more free samples.

I've never heard of a fully-WRD-prepped-and-lightened-and-REMed-and-MicroBlued LD200.

I promise to report back if a gearbox or case of liquor arrives on my doorstep.

Liked: 0

We are glad you are enjoying it Stan!

For those of you going to the June Sprints there will be tastings going on in the FB area. Mike will chime in with the particulars....

Thank you

Liked: 43

Excellent!!!

ASRF1000

Boy, now I wish we were going to the June Sprints even more.

Contributing Member Mike Devins's Avatar
    Liked: 29

I will have to make Colleen leave the Don Julio at home.

That will be better than a toe fund!

Default Of Cucumbers, Blackberries and Rootbeer Floats

In recent days we've sampled some of the flavored Mystt vodkas. There are many to choose from, so I picked one that sounded great (it was), one that sounded horrible (more on that later), and one that sounded...well, just odd (it was quite good).

Let's start with the oddball first. Ever heard of rootbeer flavored vodka? No? Well, neither had I, so don't feel bad. Nonetheless, after several days of the label staring at me, I uncorked it to give it a try. You know what rootbeer tastes like, right? Well, this tastes exactly like a quality rootbeer with a pronounced kick. Heck, it even looks like rootbeer!

Now, I can't imagine lots and lots of Mystt customers popping a bottle of 80-proof rootbeer for a refreshing afternoon soda break, but one has to do something with it, and I think I've figured out what that is...adult rootbeer floats. Yup, add a dollop of creamy vanilla ice cream and smother it with Mystt Rootbeer Vodka, and viola, instant summer party! Just don't let the kids spot it in the liquor cabinet.

That cucumber label had been staring at me since opening the crate, and I finally decided that I didn't want to save the worst for last. Now, don't get me wrong, I like cucumbers and even have them growing in my garden, but try as I might, I could not wrap my head around the idea of cucumber flavored vodka. Or even really what it would taste like.

Bad news wouldn't get better with age, so I decided to give it a shot...literally. I poured a splash on the rocks and put it to the taste test. Have you ever taken a fresh slice of cucumber skin and put it on your tongue? Well, that's what this tastes like...bitter and sour and cucumberry all at once. I tried not to gag.

About that time my wife wandered into the kitchen and asked, "What's that I smell, watermelon?" One kind of man would have told her, "Honey, that's some gag-you-nasty cucumber vodka that I was about to pour down the sink.", but being who I am I just said, "Hold on a sec while I pour you a shot."

The label was conveniently turned away so she couldn't see which flavor it was, so I poured her a splash and invited her to try it. She sipped while I waited for the inevitable gag reflex. Instead, she looked momentarily puzzled and said, "No, not watermelon...something else. Cucumber?", and wandered back into the family room with her glass.

I stared at the bottle; then at my glass, then back at the bottle, and finally gave it another sip. Ugh! I contemplated the weird nature of women and their evident lack of taste in liquor. I mean, who in their right mind could NOT appreciate the divine nature of malted rye grain extract aged for 25 years in oak barrels, yet evidently LIKE cucumber vodka? My wife? Oh, she returned shortly for another shot.

But onward! I'd had enough of the least appetizing looking labels (shoving the bacon firmly to the back), and went looking for something a bit more appealing.

Ah, blackberries...sweet memories of stained fingers and delicious pies. If you like flavored vodkas, blackberry certainly sounds like it would make the short list. I know flavored vodkas are all the rage, but my taste in fruit-flavored alcoholic drinks usually extends no further than Vitis vinifera...Merlots, Cabs and Pinots, and the occasional Sauvignon. Nonetheless, the blackberry sounded interesting.

It was. I don't know much about flavorings, but this was no blackberry equivalent of "kool-aid". It was high-quality, clear-as-glass extract of real fruit blended with quality vodka, and was simply delicious. Pour a shot of Mystt Blackberry Vodka over the rocks and enjoy a subtle and delicious beverage. Try it, you'll like it!
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

F1000champ

Stan, you should have taken up a career in writing. I could almost taste the different vodkas in the way that you told your story. Excellent!

Liked: 43

Stan,

It's a good thing they sent you a sample pack. I probably would have been wrecked the first night trying all those flavors. Now I just wish we had a distibutor in my neck of the woods. I've got some serious product envy going on. It sounds like these products would be great for get togethers with friends.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 46

Had to go down stairs and pour a margarita just to finish Stan's vodka post. Very interesting.

Liked: 59

Stan!

Liked: 23

Excellent! And I thought I knew how to drink. That, and your knowledge of the central America/ Mexico region is Mui Bueno!

But- Have you had an Aguacliante in Latacunga? I did, and that was when I realized I was in Ecuador and not in Columbia. I think I'll stick to Miller Lite.

BTW, there is an excellent road course in Yawacocha. It's real close to the border of Ecuador and Columbia, but I can't remember which country it's actually in.

Go figure.

Excellent feed back Stan! Let me give you a hint on the Cucumber and Bacon.

"Bloody Mary"

Look forward to the next update..

F1000champ

Great to see your continuing support of the F1000 class!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Beverage Group, Ltd. View Post
    Excellent feed back Stan! Let me give you a hint on the Cucumber and Bacon.

"Bloody Mary"

Look forward to the next update..
    Thanks for the hint. I actually doubted that DUDE Bacon could be a real product of your company (thinking it was a rejected product that you sent me to get my reaction), so looked it up on your website. And whoa...there it was with the "Bloody Mary" hint.

BTW, what is the flavor in "DUDE"?

Oh, and Three Olives has the 'dude vodka' google page pretty well wrapped up. Might want to have your marketing folks work that issue...
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Lane View Post
    But- Have you had an Aguacliante in Latacunga? I did, and that was when I realized I was in Ecuador and not in Columbia. I think I'll stick to Miller Lite.
    I took a day trip to Latacunga once, but didn't have any "Aguacliante" there. I used to drink Aguardiente in Guatemala, tho...prolly the same thing.

BTW, there is an excellent road course in Yawacocha. It's real close to the border of Ecuador and Columbia, but I can't remember which country it's actually in.
    The only Yawacocha I know of in Ecuador is the national park which lies to the west of Quito. There is a road course near Quito, but I have never been there.

While commander of US forces at Manta, Ecuador, I did take in their open road race. Quite the spectacle...think of the days when Watkins Glen was run on the public streets.
    Last edited by Stan Clayton; 09.18.13 at 7:55 AM.
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Thanks for the hint. I actually doubted that DUDE Bacon could be a real product of your company (thinking it was a rejected product that you sent me to get my reaction), so looked it up on your website. And whoa...there it was with the "Bloody Mary" hint.

BTW, what is the flavor in "DUDE"?

Oh, and Three Olives has the 'dude vodka' google page pretty well wrapped up. Might want to have your marketing folks work that issue...
    The two products under the "DUDE VODKA" brand is plain and bacon flavored. Dude Vodka is the lower line product we offer (19.99 list).

I can't comment much on three olives but can tell you we are the "Original DUDE VODKA".

Thanks.

Liked: 23

Default Yawacocha

Is about 35 miles Northeast of Quito, close to the Columbian border. The course runs around the front side of this lake, and looks pretty cool. I've actually only seen it from the air once, and looked it up on the internet. Sold an '83 RT-5 to an attorney down there, that's how I know about the place.

Must be the same track. A guy out here sold his RT5-based CSR to a guy in Quito, and it was going to be raced at a road course near there. Small world, eh?
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 948

Stan,

Will there be an educational tasting seminar at the next regional?
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post
    Stan,

Will there be an educational tasting seminar at the next regional?
    Hey Dan-o, I think we can do that!

Sorry about not replying last night. We were repairing a part until after 9 PM, then today I had to drive down to deliver it in Monterrey so the truck could return to home base (too big to ship). I'm pooped!
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

May's winner has been drawn among all drivers registered with the Mystt Premium Vodka F1000 National Championship presented by George Dean Racing Engines and Taylor Race Engineering.
    For May, the grand prize is a free case of Joe Gibbs Driven racing oil courtesy of American Spirit Racing. The winner also receives a free pair of Liquid Spectrum sunglasses courtesy of Slick Eyewear.

And the winner is.......................................Mike Holland of Tulsa, Oklahoma! Mike is still in the category of "builder" but getting closer getting on the track. Congratulations, Mike!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Hey Mike, seeing all this Mystt stuff reminded me of some agreements we had relative to this program...I'm still waiting. (and wearing last years shirt drinking another brand) Clark

The June winners have been drawn among all drivers registered with the Mystt Premium Vodka F1000 National Championship presented by George Dean Racing Engines and Taylor Race Engineering.
    For June, there are two prizes so we have two winners! The first prize is a free case of Joe Gibbs Driven racing oil.

And the winner is.......................................Glenn Cooper of Roswell, Georgia! Glenn drives a Firman in the Southeast and is currently 2nd in the Championship.

The second prize is a $100 product credit (courtesy of Pennon Composites)
    And the winner is.......................................Don Armenoff of Clermont, Florida! Don is currently building a Citation F1000.

Congratulations to Glenn and Don!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Score.
    Thanks Mike!

F1000champ

You're going to really like this oil!

This month's winner has been drawn among all drivers registered with the Mystt Premium Vodka F1000 National Championship presented by George Dean Racing Engines and Taylor Race Engineering.

For July, the grand prize is a free case of Joe Gibbs Driven racing oil.

And the winner is.......................................Tom Beattie of Orlando, Florida! Tom drives an Elan F1000 in the Southeast. Congratulations, Tom!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Liked: 6

"Even a bum finds a quarter now and then."

Just in time for my oil change.....

Thanks Mike!

Tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information