Contributing Member
    Liked: 4

Default WRD Differential installation.

I would like to know what bearing bore diameter is recommended for mounting the bearings of a WRD chain drive differential into aluminum mounts.
    If anyone can make a recommendation from their experience with this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Liked: 273

Default Bearing press fit

Quote Originally Posted by wick View Post
    I would like to know what bearing bore diameter is recommended for mounting the bearings of a WRD chain drive differential into aluminum mounts.
    If anyone can make a recommendation from their experience with this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    I've had plenty of experience with this, I'll PM you the correct bore diameter and tolerance. I'll also give you some tips on making your WRD diff. less problematic.
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by ghickman View Post
    I've had plenty of experience with this, I'll PM you the correct bore diameter and tolerance. I'll also give you some tips on making your WRD diff. less problematic.
    Gary, would yoou mind sharing the info with the rest of us? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 80

Gary -

Ditto that.

The only "s'posed ta" that I know is to religiously check the large nut on the sprocket side, to make sure it's not backing out.

I put a wallop of red loctite on it, torqued it to whatever Lee told me, and now have a mark etched on it and the housing so I can tell if the nut is loosening.

$0.02. Are there others?

-Jake

Thread Information