Liked: 29

Default SVRA no longer at KIC

Apparently Road America will be running every aspect of the May and July vintage events at the track (which was pretty much the case anyway). Driver license?

Jim Gustafson
    Visual Communications

Contributing Member
    Liked: 302

Default All over

That seems to be the case with all Vintage events now. Not really sure why they are all going that way.

Ed

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

only the ones where the track smells money......

Liked: 113

Default road America vintage race sanction

SVRA has decided to no longer pursue a May race at Road America because it was not finanically viable for them.

Victory lane magazine is reporting that Road America will be organizing and promoting both the spring race and the KIC in July with VSCDA being the sanctioning body for both.
    Mark Silverberg - SE Michigan
    Lynx B FV & Royale RP3 FF
    240Z Vintage Production Car
    PCR, Kosmic CRG & Birel karts

Liked: 42

I believe they also pulled out of the VIR Gold Cup as well.

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 413

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Gustafson View Post
    Apparently Road America will be running every aspect of the May and July vintage events at the track (which was pretty much the case anyway). Driver license?
    It might be best to get a Vintage Motorsports Council license. http://www.v-m-c.org/

I have been deciding which body to join as they all have differing criteria. If you drive anything FAtlantic or bigger HSR requires a "Super License" and will ONLY accept their own which is over $300. They will not accept even an FIA license required to run F1 Historics. SVRA will accept anyone's license as long as you have held a "Super License" with them at some time in the past. Not sure about the others. VMC is trying to be a coordinating body and apparently all clubs will accept their licenses (which are based upon the license from another member organization) with the notable exception of HSR's "Super License."

In that case . . . . follow the money.

However, I would certainly check with RA as to their requirements unless you are part of a featured group that provides its own credentials (I.e. F5000, CanAm, HGP, etc.)
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Contributing Member Robert J. Alder's Avatar
    Liked: 301

Gentlemen,

If you wish to pursue a VMC license, please use the current version of the license application. Apologies for the current website not having the proper form. We're in the process of upgrading the VMC website. In the meantime, please use the attached form (Below).

Many thanks,
    Bob Alder

Liked: 29

Bob, the form indicates one must have completed a school, or three events in the past 12 months. What about someone like myself who has competed continuously for over 40 years, but only competed in one event in the past year?

Thanks,

Jim Gustafson
    Visual Communications

Contributing Member Robert J. Alder's Avatar
    Liked: 301

The VMC license assumes you've raced with an VMC club somewhere, sometime. The application needs to be sent to and "approved" by a "host" vintage club, i.e. someone you've raced with. Ideally you already have a license with one of the VMC organizations when you raced with them and so you would submit the VMC application form via that organization who can attest that you're a fellow of good standing, well behaved, etc. and approve the issuance of the VMC license.

Hope that helps.

Liked: 87

I have a SCCA Nat. Lic. and it has never been turned down by anyone.
    My question: where will it most likely not work??
    Mike Winebrenner

Liked: 0

SVRA is a great association which sadly is dying an agonizing death. It is really too bad. A really nice group to run with. They made some really poor decisions years ago when I ran Group 6 (big blocks, Camaros etc..) which ruined the class and the cars started to just go away fast. . . now the economy and inability to attract a younger audience has really hurt them. They still get a good crowd at the Glen but thats about it. And no Road Atlanta anymore.
    Last edited by L72425; 12.26.10 at 2:43 PM. Reason: add

Liked: 141

Default SVRA's OK I Think

Quote Originally Posted by L72425 View Post
    SVRA is a great association which sadly is dying an agonizing death.
    Ooh - that's a bit premature - I think the new, smaller 2011 schedule has just cut out the 'dead wood' (the smaller, less popular events). I have a feeling it will continue in good shape and rebound when the economy rebounds.

Liked: 0

Hope you are right. I remember just about 6-7 years ago when we would line up 40 cars in Group 6 at VIR. . . now they get maybe 4-6. . . and when they would get 50 cars at Road America. . . now totally gone. Would like to see it survive but have my doubts. Once again, great organization.

Thread Information