Liked: 84

Default This is pretty interesting

has anyone every looked into or used one of these for FB, if it is even legal (which I think is and I'm sure someone has):

http://dsrforum.yuku.com/topic/6441/...ered-cars.html

Liked: 101

Hey JP,

I thought the chain drive actually consumed less power than the gear drive....I may be confusing it with a conventional transaxle with the 90 degree change of drive direction.......I'm so confused !

Regards,
    Bill

Bill, you are probably right. I have no idea, I've never seen this or even knew it existed. I was wondering if anyone else ever knew about it.

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default The thing really seems

to be suited more to a track day sportsracing car than a F1000 car - no one would run it due to the weight penalty in F1000, but in something like a Radical series where they all weighed the same (AND the manufacturer spec'd it out!), I could see it.

that's what I thought but I found it on the DSR site and I saw that one was sold so I thought it might have been some crazy DSR thingy....?? ok lets move on.

Liked: 1868

It's been around for quite a few year - I think I first saw it advertised maybe 5-6 years ago. Not really suitable for FB, though definitely useable.

Liked: 1

Default Very heavy

I had one of these in my shop several years ago. If I recall correctly, it weighs over 80 pounds. It is a good solution for a track day car since it also incorporates a reverse.

Liked: 0

Thread Information