Liked: 3787

Default From the ancient past

If you really want to get your hands dirty. Makes the FF in the other post look easy to rebuild.

From back when ships were made of wood and men were made of steel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lola-...item20b56d3cde

Liked: 0

A little paint, some new tires and it should be ready to go right? What could go wrong?
    Ken

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Wow

It looks like they even threw in a rear arb, and by "threw in" I mean just that!

Liked: 3787

I remember these cars racing at Road Atlanta the first years it was open for business. Scary fast, little driver safety.

Liked: 8

Oh my..........and it is almost up to $2K. What is this car worth after rebuild? Maybe $18K?

Belair

Liked: 123

People restore these because they feel like it, not for the money. it would probably be worth $15K as a nice, clean race-ready car. Good entry into vintage racing. I've started with less and built nice cars out of the boxes.

Brian

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 158

Brian, I have built some nice cars from less but in this case you will spend $15K to restore the car plus the Ebay price to end up with a car that has no good place to race. If it was an earlier FSV (without wings) you could likley get it accepted in the Formula Classic group and run with the slow FB cars. If it was a later water-cooled FSV you could successfully race it in the Formula 70s group. An air-cooled FSV of that vintage unfortunatly has no good place to go except maybe autocross!

Joe

Liked: 43

Hey Purple Frog.

When I noticed that the Lola 250 was in Dayton OH I was curious if it was the same seller that has the Z10 for sale. It is the same seller, and take a look at this car he has listed. What dramatic styling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Citro...item20b560eb98

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 158

Sorry all. I just realized this IS an early non wing car. After looking at the photos, I assumed it was a later car. Build it without the wings and race it against the FF and FB cars! Just don't justify buying on cost. When it is all done, someone will have as much or more into it as it is worth!

Joe

Liked: 3

Actually the Lola T250 is originally a non wing SV. Wings were not allowed until 1975 or '76. At least it has a Type 4 engine and the spare parts look like the right ones as well.

A shame it was stored outside under a tarp.

Yes, it is a "pre-wing" car. I have a 72' Royale-rp18, pre-wing air cooled car that I have just about completed. I started out with a bit more than this, but then again mine is not a Lola, which I would think helps the car's value. It looks like the car was raced as late as 1982. I think in its original form the sportscar noses and wings would not be run. One picture shows the original chisel nose. The past 23 years of "storage" have not been kind. If the buyer can do most of the work themselves, they might not be too upside down in the car. Yes, we do it out of love or respect for the cars..........but it helps not to be in too deep from the start.

Default Here is a pic of the car done

It seems this guy actually is selling everything from a barn of a racer or gearhead...

I might head out just to see what else might in there - Can-Am car or something exotic :-) If anyone is really interested in any of these I can head over, its only a few mins from home.

regards,

Mike
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

Default $3000.00 and 4 days left

Maybe I am missing something???????

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

Quote Originally Posted by pooch776 View Post
    When it is all done, someone will have as much or more into it as it is worth!

Joe
    That makes it no different than just about every other race car in the world!
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Classifieds Super License HayesCages's Avatar
    Liked: 180

Default what's it worth?

Seems to me the MK8 would be worth almost $3k itself...depending upon condidtion. I suppose the mag rust monster may have gotten to it also.

Good start for someone if they can restore it themsleves though.
    Lawrence Hayes
    Hayes Cages, LLC
    Sagle, ID.

Liked: 26

Default Keep on chuggin!

I love it, I am pleased as punch to see this at $3K+ with time to go needing full restoration. I just picked up the Howdy Holmes/Wilbur Bunce FSV T324 car a couple of weekends ago and this car is an animal in running condition ready to hit the track and comparatively speaking, this car at $3K + is making me feel like a genius for picking up what I did!

AWESOME - the more it gets, the happier I (for one) am.

Liked: 15

That is crazy.
    And I'm not getting any calls on my $4,500 74 FSV that needs an engine rebuild????
    Maybe ebay is the way to go.
    Last edited by TeamFRD; 11.28.10 at 6:08 PM. Reason: spelling
    TeamFRD-1988 Van Diemen RF88-1267 FF1600 Solo:CM#99/199 http://yspect8.weebly.com

Liked: 113

I think the decimal point in the bids is one position too far to the right. Good luck to the seller on completing the sale.

Not to Pimp Team FRD but any one who thinks they may have an interest in an A/C super vee should have a good hard look at his car.
    Mark Silverberg - SE Michigan
    Lynx B FV & Royale RP3 FF
    240Z Vintage Production Car
    PCR, Kosmic CRG & Birel karts

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

I hate to encourage, but the "monkey motion" shifter at the back of the hewland is unobtanium, and the ATS wheels are too. If you have SVs under restoration, this is not a bad source of parts.

Demeter ought to remember this car. He was racing an A/C Lola out of Ohio in the same time period.

I'm familiar with the Royales. Interesting packaging on the Lola - forgoing the fuel tank behind the driver in favor of putting the battery and oil tank there. Probably had a pretty low MOI and CG.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Actually my AC car was a LOLA T-328. Tub car new in 1977.

Before that I had a Royale RP-18A

Not at all familiar with this car or anyone in Yellow Springs except for the possibility of a guy named Goeff Freeman who built trailers (mine from him was built by Price Cobb) and sold race cars pre 1975.

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by TeamFRD View Post
    That is crazy.
    And I'm not getting any calls on my $4,500 74 FSV that needs an engine rebuild????
    Maybe ebay is the way to go.
    No question about it, Ebay has the biggest market in the world & is viewed by many first time race car & project buyers that would not see it advertised elsewhere.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Thread Information