Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1475

Default Keith Averill - great service!!!

If you haven't had the pleasure of dealing with Keith you have truly missed someone who really understands customer service. Keith has been consulting with me for a couple of seasons as I've plowed through various brake problems.

Last week, after my post regarding R&P wear, Keith called me within 10 minutes of posting to describe in detail what would be hard to write up.

He's always quick with well informed and thoughtful insights to your problems.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 109

Agreed!
    Keith is awewsome.
    Cj

Liked: 0

Not to continue the love-fest but my dad and have built a handful of cars over the years. Keith helped us out in some way, shape, or form with all of them. Everything from ITC and HP to S2000, FV and FST. He even taught a class once, to teach folks new to FF, FC, and S2000 how to clean the carbs, change gears, complete alignments, etc..etc...

Plus he always has something cool in his shop! I'm just lucky his shop is between my house and office.

Cheers!
    Jason Steeb

Liked: 1432

I'll continue the love fest...

Keith is a stand up guy. His service is fantastic. Always willing to go the extra mile.

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Love fest - Yayyyyyyyyyy!

Another satisfied customer here.
    Keith took the time and gave a she-ott about my need for one (1!) stick of Sif Bronze brazing rod to repair the nose mounts on my RFR.

Class act right there.

Thanks again KA
    Last edited by glenn cooper; 11.24.10 at 8:16 PM. Reason: sif, dif, wha-eva

Liked: 601

Default service

Thank you all for the very kind sentiments.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 4

On several occasions I've posted a "how to" question on APEXSPEED and within the hour I get a phone call from Keith asking what the heck I've done and what I was trying to do. Made no difference wither he was going to sell me something or not.

Due to this great service, Keith was always my first call when I needed something and always my first recommendation when someone else did.

I can't tell you how many times I have just taken broken parts off the car and put them in a box and sent them to Keith. A few days later, UPS delivers the proper replacement. Due to his service, he was my sole source for control cables, rod ends, plumbing fittings, dog rings, brake hardware, racing hardware, fasteners and fluids.
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

Liked: 3787

Geez... what a love fest.

His beautiful wife pushes him out every morning, locks the door behind him, and tells him not to come back until dark... What else is he going to do? He'll do anything to not have a real job. He has even tried selling ladies underwear. Now rumor has it he isn't allowed back in the Orlando area.

You folks keep up this love fest and that rollup door at the back of his shop won't be big enough for his head to pass through. Also, he might think we appreciate him, and he'll go and raise his prices to 1980s levels.

Liked: 79

Default Love Fest part XXXIII

I first met Keith during my 80's disco FF days in the NE. When I started running again in 2005, I touched base with him seeking out tips , brake pads, etc. He has always been honest , fair, etc. Case in point-earlier this year I sent him a damged front wing off of my SE-3. He could have fixed it and charged me for the repair, but instead told me that the design of the wing I wanted to repair was not the greatest and I would be wasting my money.
    Last edited by Bob Coury; 11.24.10 at 7:19 PM.

Liked: 4

Keith has always been there for any advice I needed. From fitting me and the car for a Hans, to special brake pads for the car (even if he called them the women compound) even waiting for me, when I came off the track for some advice (much appreciated) I'd have to give Keith
    F600 #27

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 109

Quote Originally Posted by kea View Post
    Thank you all for the very kind sentiments.

And easy to work with when someone is as humble as keith! There are a lot of proud arrogant people out there...who know a lot and will tell you about it...

cj

Liked: 270

I'll add on to the dogpile; Keith has always been helpful and supportive, even long before I started thinking about Things with Wings. We're truly lucky to have him as our local guy at the track every weekend, and I'm especially lucky to live around the corner!

Keith's been very helpful bringing this F/SR rookie up to speed, on that super-steep learning curve, incredibly patient. He's also been wonderfully helpful coaching and encouraging my wife, the former rookie and now known as the Terror in the Rain (what can I say, I'm incredibly proud)!

I too have experienced having Keith call me up with advice and direction after posting on the various forums with questions or problems - he really goes the extra mile!

I always try to encourage my fellow racers at the track to support the guys who are actually there to support us day in and day out, and Keith's the perfect example of why.
    Vaughan Scott
    #77 ITB/HP Porsche 924
    #25 Hidari Firefly P2
    http://www.vaughanscott.com

Liked: 7

Default LF continued

I have been asking Keith for advice for over 20 years. Not only does he support the Formula Pro Racing Series as a sponsor, but he was instrumental in getting KFP Brakes to sponsor us , too.
    Keith doesn't just sell race car parts and service he stands behind everything he says and sells. He is always there for help with questions about racing that no one else can answer. Drivers call him just for advice and mechanics call when they are stuck with a problem. Keith's warm personality and depth of race car knowledge is amazing.
    Thanks Keith

Liked: 141

Default Medical too -

If you trip over the winch cable in your trailer and walk through his back door dripping blood from a bust lip he's there with an ice cube and a piece of sterilized medical gauze - or was it an oily rag - I didn't care at the time.

Ditto everything that's been said before - in quintriplicate. Thanks Keith.

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 416

Don't forget to use the new Feedback Score system on the site.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Default + 1

A week or so ago, I called Keith, after a few pm's on here regarding brake pad questions. He spent almost thirty minures speaking with me about my application on the treaded tires, and my preferences as a driver regarding initial bite and modulation. He reccomended some KFP pads and went into detail why and what compound would work for me. Plus, they come in neat glitter coated colors ! Great service. His "Stuff" sticker is going to be displayed on my car. Thank you Keith. I will reccomend ARS to anyone needing the products that they sell.

Marshall Lillquist
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last edited by marshall9; 02.16.11 at 2:15 PM.

Liked: 3787

That's strange. Everytime i call him, he tells me has an important call on the other line and puts me on hold. I now have figured out what he is really doing is checking my credit card listing. Because, he always comes back on the line and says, "Your card has expired, i don't need to talk to you." Then he goes back to talking to Steve Myers.

Last week he sold me a bag of old rubber bands for $28. Told me some story about how they would make me go faster.

Default Frog Credit

Of course I need to check your credit rating Frog. Rand has you on the road so much during the season, I don't know how you can afford to race yourself. Plus, I'm hoping to see an indication of you hitting the Lotto, than I can sell you some light-weight, electronic-aerodynamically tuned wigget, so you can keep up with Myers!
    Keith
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 19

Gee, every time I call Keith, he says, "Hang on, I've got Frog on the other line" and then puts me on hold.

Liked: 17

Quote Originally Posted by kea View Post
    Of course I need to check your credit rating Frog. Rand has you on the road so much during the season, I don't know how you can afford to race yourself. Plus, I'm hoping to see an indication of you hitting the Lotto, than I can sell you some light-weight, electronic-aerodynamically tuned wigget, so you can keep up with Myers!
    Ummm.....soooo.......wait! They got light-weight, electronically tuned wiggets???
    Hmm..... I gotta get me one of those.

Yup, "The Man" Keith has helped me too many times like he had all day to talk and give me advice without even knowing me.

Chris M

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Liked: 1432

Default Keith "The Man" Averill

Little bump for Keith, I feel it is needed coming of the best full weekend I have had yet with the ole mono-wonder.

A few weeks ago he spent no less than 3 or 4 hours on the phone with me over the course of the week figuring out my brake system issues. It had some weird stuff going on that I could never really figure out, and since I had not dealt with brake systems a whole lot before, much of it was new to me. You can only imagine the stupid questions I would ask, many twice or three times. But Keith was Keith, and was an absolute wealth of knowledge with many different brake systems; caliper, masters, pads, rotors etc..

So, with limited monetary resources, I said here is the pile of parts I have to work with, what can we do? It was like the movie Apollo 13 where the Grumman guy comes in to the room and says "we have to make this (round peg) fit this (square hole) using only...this (pile of junk). Keith made it happen and got me back from the moon (which is where I would end up sometimes trying to stop this thing) with my mismatched parts.

Keith, you the man.

ASRF1000

Gee Keith, I'm sorry to see so many people don't like you....LOL

Great to have someone like you in motorsport!

Default me

Thank you, once again, all of you, thanks for the kind words.
    Keith
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Thread Information