Liked: 942

Default Brought back to life...

Ford Motor sponsored a very careful "freshening" of Jimmy's Lotus 38 at Classic Team Lotus. It was prepared for the Goodwood Festival of Speed and the

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWRs9ShHDeA

Then Dario had the opportunity for a few laps in it at IMS..

http://www.roadandtrack.com/video/in...d=672538904001
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 1

Default Dario?

The You Tube video is excellent. Unfortunately can't find the Dario lap of IMS on the R&T site. RaceFansTV has a documentary on Jim Clark and features the 1965 Indy 500 prominently. Fascinating stuff. Thanks for finding.
    Robert

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 601

Default Brought back to life

I'm lucky enough to have a cockpit photo, taken recently, of that famous Indy car, in my office. Oh-boy, would the SCCA Tech types have a fit with a car like that today!
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 29

Speedtv has the video clip of Dario driving the car at Indy in September. I was at Indy for Pole Day in '67, and got to see Clark and Hill in Gasoline Alley, and later on the track. I have old 8mm footage of those two sitting on the workbench in the Lotus garage. That day was a life altering experience for me. BTW, those 4 cam Fords sounded fabulous.

Jim Gustafson
    Visual Communications

Liked: 942

Scott,

Thanks for posting the better link. I should have double checked it after posting.

This is an indirect link to the full video.
    http://gglotus.org/blog/?p=1786

Keith,

You think our scrutineers would have a problem with the height of the roll bar and the lack of belts?

Regards,
    Dan
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Thread Information