Liked: 1

Default Southwest Division CF coming back!

Thanks to Dan Helman we are on our way to getting entries in our regional races for club ford again. This last weekend he entered both is Crosle 25's (letting me drive the 92 again) and coaxed Andrew Barron to bring out his Lotus. Now three more car owners have said they'd like to put their nose in the water as well. The good news is it'll be easy to set a track record anywhere you go. ;-)

I had more fun this weekend than should be allowed. Thanks to Dan and Bruce Cerveny in his DB1. The HP car may just come out for Nationals this year.

James Rogerson
    Houston Region RE

Liked: 13

Default Strong c/f fields

The strongest and longest lasting C/F fields are found in the FRCCA. AJ Buddy Pugliese founded the C/F concept but when the SCCA allowed it into there club they did not stay with the concept; and that is "an entry level class that contains costs". The expense of racing a C/F in the SCCA is almost as much money as running in the regular F/F class. In the FRCCA a driver in the C/F class is NOT allowed to use an F-3 clutch or Aluminum Head or Data or sticky tires. The legal cars that were purchased with these expensive items are stripped of these things and sold (ApexSpeed) and the driver has money for entry fees, plus is racing on a much "Leveler playing field". If you want growth in your division, I ask you to get in touch with John Heckman for guidelines, he can be reached at 570-669-9589

We have Cf in SOWDiv now? How did I miss that news?
    Robert

Liked: 4

Has been and always will be if the CF car owers would show up there would be a CF class.

Scotty Segers

Good point Scotty.
    Robert

I did say, "Comeback". Since I'm very new to these cars, I know nothing about the real rules. But can see that upgrades to engines for power and not reliability would make the chase just as expensive as FF. The 92 car I drove has stock head, flywheel, clutch, camshaft and crankshaft. The 95 car Dan drove has an updated cluth and flywheel. Other than that I'm all about just the driving. Which I might add is a hoot. This is the easiest car I've ever driven. Goes where I ask it without urging. The only real issue is shifting. I'm 6'4" and have a 37.5" sleve length. Second gear takes a little wrist and arm manipulation. But it's worth it.

James

Liked: 99

Default CF in SOWDIV

James- We have always had CF in our Division.Many guys just stopped coming. FF and CF could be the best kept secret as far as cost versus fun and performance.In my opinion it has been the best bang for the buck for along time.Mike Sauce

Liked: 78

Default Awesome! :)

Glad to hear the numbers are getting up! Hope to see everyone at the track again soon!

Meg

Liked: 5

Default San Francisco

SFRSCCA has 10-15 cars on a regular basis. Great racing with any one of 5 guys capable of taking home a checkered flag. We race in the same group as FF and FV and the FV combo makes for some great play calls.

Come out and play at Infineon, Laguna and Thunderhill.

Liked: 127

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    The strongest and longest lasting C/F fields are found in the FRCCA. AJ Buddy Pugliese founded the C/F concept but when the SCCA allowed it into there club they did not stay with the concept; and that is "an entry level class that contains costs". The expense of racing a C/F in the SCCA is almost as much money as running in the regular F/F class. In the FRCCA a driver in the C/F class is NOT allowed to use an F-3 clutch or Aluminum Head or Data or sticky tires. The legal cars that were purchased with these expensive items are stripped of these things and sold (ApexSpeed) and the driver has money for entry fees, plus is racing on a much "Leveler playing field". If you want growth in your division, I ask you to get in touch with John Heckman for guidelines, he can be reached at 570-669-9589
    Can you further explain about the strong fields? Was just looking at the 2010 points and I only see 2 people listed for C/F

Liked: 5

From Website

CF
    1. T-Chuck Horn, Los Gatos,CA, SF, 73 Crossle 318
    2. T-Clay Arnold, El Dorado Hills,CA, SF, 77 Crossle 308
    3. T-Scott Vreeland, Livermore,CA, SF, 78 Crossle 204
    4. Mike Miller, Lincoln,CA, SF, 78 Crossle 192
    5. Jim Turley, Pacific Grove,CA, SF, 77 Crossle 186
    6. Alan Dezzani, Santa Clara,CA, SF, 77 Royale 180
    7. Richard McClosky, San Jose,CA, SF, 78 Crossle 176
    8. David Hutchings, Vacaville,CA, SF, 78 Tiga 128
    9. Donald Nester, Sonora,CA, SF, 79 PRS 116
    10. Paul Rodler, Corte Madera,CA, SF, 80 Crossle 102
    11. Daniel Wise, Benicia,CA, SF, 74 Zink 92
    12. Elliott Lampkin, Meadow Vista,CA, SF, 73 Lola 52
    13. Tom Abernathy, Calgary,AB, SF, 74 Crossle 48
    14. Perry Arnold, El Dorado Hills,CA, SF, 79 Crossle 40
    15. Bob Morley, Valley Springs,CA, SF, 78 Crossle 32
    16. Alan Prentiss, Carson City,NV, SF, 73 Crossle 12
    17. Bill Steele, San Francisco,CA, SF, 79 Crossle 8

Liked: 127

Quote Originally Posted by flagman View Post
    From Website

CF
    1. T-Chuck Horn, Los Gatos,CA, SF, 73 Crossle 318
    2. T-Clay Arnold, El Dorado Hills,CA, SF, 77 Crossle 308
    3. T-Scott Vreeland, Livermore,CA, SF, 78 Crossle 204
    4. Mike Miller, Lincoln,CA, SF, 78 Crossle 192
    5. Jim Turley, Pacific Grove,CA, SF, 77 Crossle 186
    6. Alan Dezzani, Santa Clara,CA, SF, 77 Royale 180
    7. Richard McClosky, San Jose,CA, SF, 78 Crossle 176
    8. David Hutchings, Vacaville,CA, SF, 78 Tiga 128
    9. Donald Nester, Sonora,CA, SF, 79 PRS 116
    10. Paul Rodler, Corte Madera,CA, SF, 80 Crossle 102
    11. Daniel Wise, Benicia,CA, SF, 74 Zink 92
    12. Elliott Lampkin, Meadow Vista,CA, SF, 73 Lola 52
    13. Tom Abernathy, Calgary,AB, SF, 74 Crossle 48
    14. Perry Arnold, El Dorado Hills,CA, SF, 79 Crossle 40
    15. Bob Morley, Valley Springs,CA, SF, 78 Crossle 32
    16. Alan Prentiss, Carson City,NV, SF, 73 Crossle 12
    17. Bill Steele, San Francisco,CA, SF, 79 Crossle 8
    Was referring to Clyde in case you missed it.

Liked: 13

Will; The confussion is because the FRCCA also allows SCCA / drivers to compete AS-IS. while we founded C/F, we changed our classification into 3 divisions; F/T is for beginners ONLY! then there is F/1600 & F/PA ; add all those divisions up and you will understand how many drivers (41) compete in our club in what is really the original C/F concept.

Thread Information