Contributing Member Jonathan Hirst's Avatar
    Liked: 4

Default OFFC Fall Meeting OCT 30, 2010

Posting this as an FYI for folks possibly missed on the email distribution list.

If you would like to be added then please contact the series organizers via the website .

http://www.offcseries.com/ and sign up.

Time: 12:00pm - 3:00pm

ONTARIO FORMULA FORD CHAMPIONSHIP
    SATURDAY OCTOBER 30, 2010

AGENDA
    1. Welcome

2. Review of season/finances

3. Scrutineering

4. Car Counts and CASC

5. FFA, FFB, FFC

6. Suggested Registration Improvements

7. Fit VS Kent

8. Tires - Dunlop vs Toyo or ?

9. Schedule and possibility of adding Quebec FTour Event

10. 2011 Can Am Cup

11. New Business

Minutes will be recorded and distributed upon request.
    Look forward to seeing some new faces there.

Jonathan
    ---------------------------------
    Ferret Industries Archival site
    Ferret Industries on Facebook
    Basement Bookshelf FF/CF Scanned article Archive

Liked: 0

Looking forward to the minutes, hope Pat was able to relay my question at the meeting as I was stuck up in Gormley doing a firearms course.

Liked: 7

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Hirst View Post
    Look forward to seeing some new faces there.

Jonathan
    That's why I did not go, I am not a new face ;-)
    J-Guy

What was your question Justin? Maybe I can save you the wait.

Jonathan

Curious as to what was discussed regarding the FIT & tire topics that were on the agenda.

Thanks!

These aren't official minutes, just my recollection of events. I have tried to minimize any personal bias or editorializing.

FIT Power - One off / single event appearance: FIT powered cars will be permitted to join the grid in a non points scoring capacity. The series welcomes the opportunity to evaluate the FIT motor performance against the Kent powered competitors. To make a proper evaluation, the size of the restrictor used would have to known.

Currently there is insufficient data available for the series to write the Honda into the rulebook. Technically, a FIT powered car cannot compete for the overall championship however this is a moot point for 2011 as far as we can tell. As the number of Honda powered cars competing increases over the next 12 months, it is likely that this issue will be revisited.

Tires - This was a topic of significant discussion as tires can easily make or break a series. A decision has yet to be made as the proposal from Toyo was not finalized in time for the meeting. The tire under consideration is the Proxes R888 and it is currently available in 185 - 13" and 205 - 13" sizes, closely matching the Dunlop diameters front and rear.

Not enough information was presented to make an informed decision so follow up from the Steering committee is expected once the Toyo proposal is finalized. There are pros and cons with each tire choice, too many to list here. If the Toyo offer is a real option then we were told the competitors will become part of the final decision making process via an email vote or poll.

If you have any more questions, post them, here.

Jonathan

Liked: 120

Default Bad idea

Sound like a good way to shrink grids further. The Toyo is probably a decent tire but so are a lot of others. The Dunlop is fine on the cars we see in Canada.

How about a shorter, tighter schedule? Single race day. P,Q,R and off to the pub. Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robins Ken View Post
    Sound like a good way to shrink grids further. The Toyo is probably a decent tire but so are a lot of others. The Dunlop is fine on the cars we see in Canada.

How about a shorter, tighter schedule? Single race day. P,Q,R and off to the pub. Ken.
    Ken I agree with you but my understanding is that we would only switch to Toyo if they were offering some support ($) and or a much lower cost. There were also some quality issues that Dunlop is aware of and are trying to rectify.

The schedule is also undecided because of some of the race weekends are not finalised yet.

I thought that although we couldn't decide everything, the series is in good hands since everyone seems to be trying to act in the best way possible to help build the series.

The other requirements before a switch was considered would be an assurance from Toyo that there would be adequate supply of the 13" tires for at least three years.

Also there is an expectation that there would be some broader benefit to the series were it to commit to the tire.

2011 is the 12 th year for the series and Dunlop has been the sole tire since year 1. I would argue that from a regional competitors standpoint, the durability and consistency of the the Dunlop is a significant contributor to that record of success. I support a change for the benefit of the series but a change to the spec tire is not a decision to be taken lightly. I reserve my final decision until all the info is on the table however...

Jonathan

Thread Information