Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Default Who sells Van Diemen bodies to upgrade older cars?

I have a mid 90's VD & are wondering if anyone sells body work to upgrade my car if possible. I figured I would post here, if it should be posted some where else please let me know.

Any recommendations or suggestions are appreciated.

Liked: 3

Give Dave Claubine a call from Britan West (519-756-1610). I ordered new pieces from him for my 94 VD.

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

Pennon, in upper NY state. Also Aerocraft up in Oregon

Liked: 0

Default VD Body Parts

Bam Bam,
    Love the name!!! I have all "original" VD body parts for 00 and up in stock. Please let me know what you need and I will send you some pricing.
    Thank you,
    Chris Walsh
    After Burner Race Car Parts

Liked: 702

Call Brad at Primus: http://www.primusracingparts.com/
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

Liked: 11

Upgrade or replacement?

All of those listed will sell replacement parts. If you are searching for better parts, not so much. I would say that you can improve the diffuser: Gyrodynamics or Pennon and perhaps the wings- Averill Racing Products are my recommendations.
    Unfortunately you could spend thousands on a mid 90's VD and still not be competitive with a newer car.

Otherwise spend your time & money reducing suspension friction, improving your setup, and #1, seat time. Record everything, try new things. Spend your time carefully preparing the car for the next event, be sure you have the right gears, and after each event check leak-down numbers.
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Was looking to update the body work. More so see what options are available out there so I can formulate a winter plan for the car before doing anything.

Seat time & testing will make a bigger difference then anything for sure. I have always got good feedback on Apex Speed & appreciate everyones comments.

Default Van Diemen bodywork

I have a set of bodywork from my 08 F2000 car for sale if you are interested.

Liked: 49

Nothing from a 98 or later will fit a mid-90s car without major surgery, the cars are way different lengths and heights in different areas. Call Rick at Aerocraft in Medford OR for a kit that will adapt the full width late model front wing to the 90-96 cars.

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 645

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam View Post
    Was looking to update the body work....
    I underwrote this project for RSF while in Iraq. I am assuming you have a FC. Superb quality, perfect alignment, looks, hot and is a performance multiplier.

Also, I have a rear FC engine cowl with an Ivey intake for sale if you are interested.

Iverson

Liked: 11

Rick- you did see that he has a mid-90's car, right? Thought that nose was for a 98+

IMHO, making 98+ bodywork fit a mid 90's car would be crazy. To have it fit I imagine it looking a lot like the bodywork on the car now.
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Contributing Member Ty_Handke_83's Avatar
    Liked: 18

Chances are to "upgrade" you would need stuff custom made. I have some bodywork left over from my wrecked VD rf91 FF, and nothing comes close to matching up with the 98 bodywork in terms of size or mounting points.
    Ty Handke

HMST Inc.

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

The Aerocraft nose is a raised nose conversion for early to mid 90's cars.

Other things you can do:

If you don't use the air intake behind the helmet (in other words, if you have an F3 style or snorkel intake) then you can cut off the big scoop and glass it in flat like a 1990-93. Less blockage to the wing. There were a couple 97s that had that treatment listed for sale on this site recently.

You can also have someone like Art Smith build you a killer set of headers that eliminate most of the packaging issues with the headers in a 94/95 chassis. The result of this will be running a couple of tubes outside of the frame. This willl require creating a bubble around them similar to what was done on the 93, but taking into account the wide sidepods. The aero trade vs HP is probably a very good one.

I'm a big guy, and there's no place for my elbow to go when shifting, so I have to deal with a tight shifter location. If I had the $$, I'd make the shifter bubble bigger - comfort is everything. That way I could solve my elbow problem without bashing the crap out of my nuckles on the 2-3 and 4-3 shifts.

96s and 97s have more graceful sidepods and rear engine covers - are they worth anything aero wise? Probably not much. The noses are also a little more pointy.

Default RF90-94 Side Pod Upgrades

I upgraded my own RF90 to have more modern style fiberglass side pods. They make a big difference in a straight line, compared to the stock side rads.

We also made moulds, so they can be easily duplicated. We sent a set to a guy in B.C. with a RF94 that fit, and are currently making another set for a local RF92.

$600 for the pair
    + $150 for a laser cut galvanized single piece floor to match if you want. Any thickness. Or, I have a 2 part floor, if you want to use your existing floor.
    + shipping/pickup.

I can also offer you a two piece '94 nose, as we also have a mould for that too.

Email me for more info and pics.
    Andrew
    mech_eng03@hotmail.com
    OFFC FFB #32

Liked: 9

Sorry about bumping a really old thread but I discovered that Pennon was bought over by Crowe Composites. Just saving this here for reference.

http://www.crowecomposites.com/

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 645

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Kirchner View Post
    96s and 97s have more graceful sidepods and rear engine covers - are they worth anything aero wise? Probably not much.
    Do they fit the RF95?
    V/r

Iverson

Thread Information