Liked: 210

Emerald City Racing
    Press Release - For Immediate Release - Apil 2, 2003

Emerald City Racing announces the joining of its 'enterprise' to the F2000 World Challenge League. Our 16' custom hauler has been repainted and the 1977 Chevy Suburban tractor has a new 475 gallon fuel tank installed. We are off to Watkins Glen!

Glad T. Rencher our Learned Mechanic and Ricardo Dumfooly il Piloti extraodinaire have done-did some advance testing at Watkins Glen. Being of sane mind and of good will, Emerald City Racing is releasing their initial setup data in order to aid new teams joining the League.

Such professional courtesy and good-will may not last long! Deep in the hearts of all of our team members is a desire to WIN! But, not at any cost, which is good.

So, on to the point of this whole thread. Dumfooly has cracked the 1:05's at Watkins. That included a 'miss' on the bowl at turn 1 and a slight Armco touch exiting the last corner. Yet, a worthy lap time to work with. And here's how il Piloti Dumfooly did it.

[size="1"][ April 03, 2003, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Doug Carter ][/size]
    Last edited by rickb99; 04.14.09 at 1:00 PM.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 1417

Qualifying for Watkins Glen will end promptly at 10 p.m. on Sunday night, Central Daylight Time.

All qualifying times for Tuesday's first event MUST be sent via screen cap to f2000heat@apexspeed.com or you will not be entered in the event. Screen caps MUST be submitted of your single lap "Records" page, and you must show multiple laps within 1 second of each other for the lap to count.

Also, Top Qualifier MUST provide a ghost lap of your fast lap on demand for points and record verification.

East and West divisions and rankings will be assembled post qualifying, and you will be notified of your league division, IP address and password prior to the event.

Good luck,

doug

Qualifying is done, and we had a total of 21 cars pre qualify for Tuesday's race. The fast time was set by Selwyn Gregory with a 1:04.946, which makes the Group A 106% lap time to beat a 1:08.843. Most cars came in under that time. Only 4 cars did not and will start at the back of the pack in both Heat 1 and Heat 2. For next week's event, the A/B Group divisions will be dropped to 104% qualifying times to be in the lead group.

Monday after work hours, I will post the League divisions (East and West) and the qualifying orders of those groups. There will also be an official League Skins pack to download before Tuesday night's race.

If you care to see the official League list with usernames, car skin numbers, and tonight's qualifying times, there is an Excel file on the server available for download here.

Still missing skins or skin requests from a few guys. Make sure you get those in as soon as possible. Also include 2nd and 3rd choices if your first choice is taken already.

[size="1"][ April 07, 2003, 01:35 AM: Message edited by: Doug Carter ][/size]

Liked: 0

Well I never manage to submit a qualifing time because I'm sorta confused about the whole process. Do we just run a qualifing session off line and submit the time from that or can we run several laps in practice and the best is taken from those? Now some were saying laps from last nights practice could be used. Could you please verify this so I'll know for the next race. Sorry I didn't inquire earlier.

Any laps run during the previous week count towards qualifying for the next race. Take a screen cap of your laps from your "Records" page or any single run test session, showing at least 2 laps in the same time range with a date on them, and that's all you need. Pretty simple to get qualified.

Official Qualifying Results - April 7, 2003 - Watkins Glen International

East
    Group A
    1) Selwyn Gregory: 1:04.946
    2) Keith Carter: 1:05.659
    3) Rick Broadhead: 1:05.933
    4) Bob Eardley: 1:06.364
    5) Ron Boltik: 1:06.728
    6) Royce Lambert-Eardley: 1:07.110
    7) Robert Townsley: 1:07.400
    8) Robbie Ferstl: 1:07.519
    9) David G Davidson: 1:08.739
    Group B
    10) Jeff Knox: 1:09.285
    11) Chris Sterbenz: 1:11.143
    12) Kris Walker: no time
    13) Robb Van Horn: no time

West
    Group A
    1) Doug Carter: 1:05.128
    2) Ron Jones: 1:05.311
    3) Peter Valkovic: 1:05.984
    4) Trace Shadid: 1:06.381
    5) Gary Hoorn: 1:06.836
    6) Brent Ferstl: 1:07.307
    7) Tom Vogel: 1:07.436
    8) Charlie Bonsall: 1:07.923
    Group B
    9) Bob McColl: 1:09.149
    10) Robert Oster: 1:09.429
    11) Ray Rhines: no time
    12) Dave Harris: no time
    13) Chuck Redman: no time

106% lap time was a 1:08.843. If you were slowe rthan that time, you will be in Group B for both heat 1 and 2. Server directions, passwords and a location to download the League Skins Pack will be sent via e-mail.

A short warmup practice heat will go off at approximately 7:10 pm, with Heat #1 to follow immediately. Heats 1, 2 and 3 will all be 9 lap races. Good luck Tuesday,

d

[size="1"][ April 07, 2003, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Doug Carter ][/size]

me thinks me works too hard...at least I know the glen....see ya'll tomorrow night...I'll be the slow one I'm sure...but at least I'll be there instead of working for a change...
    Dave Harris
    dave.harris@daveharrismotorsports.com
    http://www.daveharrismotorsports.com

what time zone are you talking about? 7pm eastern or central?

Got to the thread about the league and the league introduction tells you 7 PM Central US time, 8PM Eastern US time.

Good luck tonight Charlie

Liked: 447

I'd like to remind all of you participating to reread the rules thread (or on the main sim homepage) so there isn't any confusion once we are all in the server and ready to go. Please also remember to have the league skin pack downloaded and installed and MAKE SURE TO HAVE ALL OF YOUR GCF FILES MOVED OUT OF THE F2000 DIRECTORY ROOT and the ghost car option turned off. If you are warping out of control and cannot resolve the issue, you will be asked to leave. Remember, keep it clean and make it to the finish. The win is based on the point total for the 3 races so it isn't worth diving in on someone in the first turn of the race and making an overly aggressive move. Good luck guys! It's going to be fun!!!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

One more tip, before you get to the race, restart your computer, and make sure EVERYTHING else not essential to racing the game online is turned off. This includes: IMs, e-mail, websites & browsers, virus software, firewalls and anything else that has auto runs on it. Do one last sweep of your computer before firing up tonight.

Good luck, guys.

d

Thread Information