Liked: 0

Default SCCA Texas Fall Roundup Eagles Canyon Raceway

Don't mind the video position, camera mount wouldn't sit right.

Was having a nasty issue under braking. ECR is pretty rough, and that combined with the tie-rod links hitting the frame under hard braking I could barely keep it straight.

Sunday morning should provide much better racing, we moved the steering box around a bit and flipped the end-links on the knuckles to keep them from bottoming out.

This is my first Regional race in a Vee and I think I did pretty decent. No spins or off-tracks.

Was running 17's and 18's with old tires and the braking issue.

Thanks for looking.

http://vimeo.com/15910496

-Alex

Liked: 0

Race2: Fixed the tie-rod issue but still having some shaking, so I moved my braking point back and moved my on-throttle points earlier before the apex's. Definitely helped and cut 1.5 seconds on my fastest lap from Race 1. Had a good race with #77 (Black car) the whole race, but unfortunately the camera batteries died and I missed the last few laps.

http://vimeo.com/15930602

Liked: 37

Default Race 2

Alex,

What a great race! That's what Vee racing is all about. I'm sure that Bill must have given you some hints as to the lines at this track because your video proves it. Great job against an experienced driver. I'll look forward to seeing you at the track next time, sorry we didn't meet and greet at the track.

Greg Smith
    yellow car #6
    aka Mr. Mosquito Fogger (not next time, though)

ps...my appologies to all for the annoying smoke, new ring package on the way....

Thread Information