Liked: 31

Default VFF Thunderhill Data

I'm going to Thunderhill later this month and am thinking of gearing. Is there anyone out there with a vintage FF that has data on speed in turn 5 at the top of the hill? During a good, competitive lap, what's the slowest corner speed (I assume it's turn 5) at Thunderhill?

As long as I'm asking (and you're looking), where and what's the top speed attained during a competitive lap?

Thanks!

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 77

I should know what gears to run but I quit a while back. Top speed is about 115 mph. Sears Point gears are the same if you know what they should be.
    Hybels

Liked: 947

Hello Wink,

I don't think many of the local vintage fords look at this forum. Ron Chisholm of Cypress Lane Racing prepares FFm CF, and a vintage Crossle FF. He is a great resource.

707-695-9494.

This is what some of the club fords on hard compound slicks use:

[FONT=Arial]18:32, 20:30, 22:28, 24:27[/FONT]

I am the slowest CF out there. My box was originally set up with 16:32 first and 24:26 4th and it worked ok.

Regards,
    Dan Wise
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 3

I don't know the gearing, but yes turn 5 is the slowest corner - typically 1st gear.

Liked: 246

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]18/32[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]20/30[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]22/28[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]24/27 [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Should be a pretty good starting point [/SIZE][/FONT]

Thread Information