Liked: 0

Default Blackhawk Regional AKA Fall Sprints

So who raced? How did people fare?

Beautiful weather in Chicago, which I assume meant beautiful weather in Rockton . . . wish I could have been there. What's the news?

Allen Wheatcroft
    FFord #9

Liked: 8

Allen!

Was the most fun you can have with one eye and non-alcoholic beer. But you know that.

Anyhow....Tipsword had me as an attachment to his gearbox the entire weekend.. and just after midway thru the race he had a radiator hose come loose at turn 4 and I finally got my break... the Sunday morning race had Tipsword, me, and Haydon in CFF all within 2 seconds of finishing... real good racing.

Results from mylaps for the sunday 18 lap race:

And look at John's 15.7, damn! Too bad he had to pull off, I think a hose blew, too...

You should have come out!

-Mike
    CFF #71
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

Liked: 0

Yes I should have been there, but after 331 days of racing this year . . . Hey, you were hauling ass, Mike, very nice job.

Good to see John Vlasis finally getting his FHonda/Piper out. Also to see Jacques running so well in that gorgeous Eagle.

Liked: 124

Thanks Allen!

Our goal was to be consistent and to bring the car home in one piece. I didn't think we'd win outright and go 4-for-4 however! I must dedicate the win to our friend and crew member Loyd Haslee, who passed away after a short bout of cancer Saturday morning. He will be greatly missed...

The Eagle was handling great all weekend, you'd never know it was 33-years-old driving it. We cracked a header after the second heat and had to weld it up back in Milwaukee Saturday night. The engine was sounding 'interesting' on Sunday and we were really down on power on the straights. John Luxon reeled me in by roughly 10 car lengths during the feature to pass me at one point before his race came to an end due to overheating.

Despite our engine deficiencies, we managed to go .3 quicker than we did in the August national, which I was rather pleased with.

The event was great for track time, though as Mike mentioned in another thread, the PDX slowed things down to a halt on Sunday. Without the PDX we would have been out of there before noon.

As usual, here are the photos of the weekend. I only managed to snap about 5, the rest were taken by my Dad: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3139058...7625016616343/

Respectfully Yours,

Jacques N. Dresang
    UMW
    Jacques N. Dresang
    Kettle Moraine Preservation & Restoration
    1977 All American Racers Eagle DGF #005
    1972 Elden Mk10B AM73-49 - #140/1

Thread Information