Liked: 157

Default 2010 NARRC Runoffs, Club Ford footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0L-EAzJsrw

I had a rearward facing camera (one of the <$25 units described elswehere on the forum)

Racing was really good among the 4 of us

I have to thank Mike Rand one more time for accepting my apology for punting him out of the lead in T1 on Lap 1. Very good humored about a stupid move on my part. thanks! I was close to him and when he braked I just simply got it wrong and hit him. He salvage a 4th place, but I think he would have been tough to hang with if I had not ruined his race

Final order was Walker, Roux, MacNicholl. Rand and Marcinski, with a good field of Vees having their own battles as well

Steve

Liked: 157

What, no bump drafting?

Seriously, Steve, that was some awesome racing, cant wait to see Part II. I lost count of the number of passes back and forth. Looks like you had a great time, sorry we couldnt be there.

Take care.

Tom

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1898

I watched the race at the downhill. Classic CF race! It was really fun to watch as we were taking bets to who would be leading the next lap each time around. Rand was working the down hill trying to get the best run onto the strait with a wicked carb stumble. Watching and listening to a veteran like Rand trying different things every lap to work around the stumble was cool.
    You guys put on a hell of a show. Really made me wish I was out there in my old RF81 with you guys!
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Liked: 32

It was a great race with only a couple of local yellows. I was very worried about a full course yellow that would bring Steve Roux closer. I had my hands full with Jim switching the lead with me almost every lap. In the end I was able to stretch a safe lead with some help from well timed traffic lapping and some personal best lap times. The Z16 was handling great with little effort and made the 32 laps a lot of fun.
    ajw

Contributing Member Mike Scanlan's Avatar
    Liked: 94

Wow, great race, makes me sorry I sold the PRS!

Contributing Member Jonathan Hirst's Avatar
    Liked: 4

Looked like a great race Steve! It's easy to see why the NE Club Ford drivers are so highly regarded.

After you clipped Rand the phrase "Run Forrest, RUN!!!" sprung to mind.

Jonathan
    ---------------------------------
    Ferret Industries Archival site
    Ferret Industries on Facebook
    Basement Bookshelf FF/CF Scanned article Archive

Liked: 36

That's great video for a $25 camera.
    Crossle 32F, Piper DF5 Honda

Liked: 32

Finally got to watch your video. It was great ! I've never watched myself from that view. It was great close racing with drivers that respect one another.
    ajw 69ncf

Liked: 23

Wish I could've run on Sat. I was a DNS. Developed a water leak which I thought was a blown head gasket. Upon further inspectio I found that the water jacket within the intake manifold was not filled in and had cracked somewhere between the runners. Manifold vacuum was suckin water in everytime I lifted. Yeah I lift, it was wet. I also did not have the updated intake gasket which blocks the water jacket. Thanks to Doug Hobby for lending me some parts to try and fix it.

If all goes well, I'm off to NJMP next w/e.

Alan
    Van Diemen RF80

[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
    Van Diemen RF 79 #? Van Deimen RF 78 #231

It's not how fast you go.
    It's how well you go fast.

Thread Information