Liked: 13

Default Many new members

The final race of the 2010 season was held at Pocono, PA. The weather was good BUT the amount of new members signing up for the 2011 season was a very pleasant surprise. The car counts in each class was up and the final championships were decided. Congrats go to Greg Saunders in F/T,2003 Banshee, Andrew Stoeckert in F/1600, 1979 Zink, Andrew Graham in F/Pro-Avanti,1986 VanDiemen, with F/F finding Bill Carroll (1994 EuroSwift) a rookie taking home the Championship. The F/C division was a battle for the full season with 4 different leaders; in the end the championship went to Ryan Smith in a 1985 Reynard. Next event will be the Awards banquet then the long winters break until next season which is shaping up to be exciting for both the veteran members as well as the many new members that have already joined.

Contributing Member blackbmwk1200r's Avatar
    Liked: 9

This has been a great year and improved car counts certainly added to the excitement. A lot of the new guys in F/C including my son, Ryan, were just getting into cars and getting them sorted out so there was bit of inconsistency race to race in the class. I think however that everyone has seen the total number of different cars and people committed to next year and appreciate the strong potential for high turn outs for every race next year. If we can get 8 or more cars in F/C each race which is very doable I think we will also start getting entrants that have never before raced with FRCCA. The F/C guys are getting to know and appreciate each other as competitors and understand that collectively we can turn this class into something that could potentially attract even more participants. We need to work together on this and I think there currently is a lot of motivation in the group to do exactly that.

Enough about F/C; congratulations to all the champions. I look forward to seeing everyone at the awards banquet.

Sid Smith
    Last edited by blackbmwk1200r; 10.05.10 at 8:50 PM. Reason: omitted name

Liked: 13

Default 12 racers and counting

There are 12 racers in the FRCCA "Continental Gang" set to do battle in the 2011 season. Greg Honeycutt (Champ in 08 & 09 Reynard), Sid Smith (Champ in 2010 Mygale), John Bachmann(Reynard), Stephen Garito (Reynard), Vinnie Delgetta (Van Diemen), Christain Pedersen (Swift), Wally Usloski (Van Diemen), John Smyles (Van Diemen), Jason Easterly (Reynard), Ian "Doug" McKechnie (Euro-Swift) and Bill Fiest (Reynard). There seems to be more racers interested in joining into the battle but these 12 are already signed up, I think there will be more joining and enjoying the extra track-time and hassel free events.

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    There are 12 racers in the FRCCA "Continental Gang" set to do battle in the 2011 season. Greg Honeycutt (Champ in 08 & 09 Reynard), Sid Smith (Champ in 2010 Mygale), John Bachmann(Reynard), Stephen Garito (Reynard), Vinnie Delgetta (Van Diemen), Christain Pedersen (Swift), Wally Usloski (Van Diemen), John Smyles (Van Diemen), Jason Easterly (Reynard), Ian "Doug" McKechnie (Euro-Swift) and Bill Fiest (Reynard). There seems to be more racers interested in joining into the battle but these 12 are already signed up, I think there will be more joining and enjoying the extra track-time and hassel free events.

Clarification: Jason Esterly - Van Diemen
    Better to have raced for a day...
    than been a spectator for life!

Liked: 27

I will be joining you guys, don't know how many races I can attend though. I am hoping the club can make it to Beaver Run this year. That will be my home track. I'm thinking Summit, Pocono, Beaver, and I'd love to go to the Glen. Gregg W. Citation FC

Contributing Member blackbmwk1200r's Avatar
    Liked: 9

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Thanks for update Clyde. We've got some great momentum going in this group and you can see how each racers commitment to next years program is driving the excitement and cohesiveness of the group as a whole. Its great.

By the way, Andrew Graham - Van Diemen got left of the list. He makes the 12th. Also while I'd like to take credit for being the 2010 champ the driver for our team is Ryan Smith.

Sid Smith

Liked: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Pop Chevy View Post
    I will be joining you guys, don't know how many races I can attend though. I am hoping the club can make it to Beaver Run this year. That will be my home track. I'm thinking Summit, Pocono, Beaver, and I'd love to go to the Glen. Gregg W. Citation FC
    Would nice to see the old girl back on track....
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

Liked: 0

Thanksgiving
    - Since I joined the club in 2009 I have seen if grow, FV looks like a solid class going into 2011, FF will have a lot of new blood and several drivers will graduate to the Flagship class Pro Avanti. Wings look to be a big class with fierce competition next year too. With the big sanctioning body loosing cars and complaints about long tech lines and politics ( I crewed and raced in several other clubs races over the years), it is always refreshing to run with the FRCCA.
    Thanks to AJ for 31 years of the club in the making, to John who accepted this challenge in our current economy and has grown the club, to all the crews and other halves who give us the opportunity to enjoy such a challenging sport, and to every other member especially the drivers who battle on the track and who's sportsmanship off the track is second to none!

2011 will be here soon, so give thanks to such a great club and group of people.

Bill 11/25

P.S. If your running with another group, and your tired of the politics and 900 pages of rules, come on over from the dark side and be a part of what club racing should be.

Liked: 17

Quote Originally Posted by FV55 View Post
    Thanksgiving
    - Since I joined the club in 2009 I have seen if grow, FV looks like a solid class going into 2011, FF will have a lot of new blood and several drivers will graduate to the Flagship class Pro Avanti. Wings look to be a big class with fierce competition next year too. With the big sanctioning body loosing cars and complaints about long tech lines and politics ( I crewed and raced in several other clubs races over the years), it is always refreshing to run with the FRCCA.
    Thanks to AJ for 31 years of the club in the making, to John who accepted this challenge in our current economy and has grown the club, to all the crews and other halves who give us the opportunity to enjoy such a challenging sport, and to every other member especially the drivers who battle on the track and who's sportsmanship off the track is second to none!

2011 will be here soon, so give thanks to such a great club and group of people.

Bill 11/25

P.S. If your running with another group, and your tired of the politics and 900 pages of rules, come on over from the dark side and be a part of what club racing should be.
    Yea, what he said!

See you all in 2011.
    Bob McCown
    Van Diemen RF81 #472 (2008-2013)
    Next ?
    2009 ARS CF
    "I barked twice." - Enzo (the dog)

Thread Information