Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked: 16

Default Anyone planning on going to the ARRC?

I know the Runoffs just ended, but is anyone planning on running this event? The rules state that those who entered the Runoffs cannot enter as FB, but we can run in FS and it is the same run group.

Great track and time of year to run.

J.R.O

Liked: 553

I think Wren should drive Brandon's car.

Maybe after losing some size.

Note: FB cars can run in FS, BUT tech will probably check your homologation paperwork, and the car is not supposed to fit in a regular SCCA class. Many FS ARRC competitors just do something easy to make it illegal, like make a wing 1/4" too wide.

Liked: 43

He will fit. He lost about twenty pounds at the run offs. It was a long week!

That would be fun to watch.

Liked: 151

Quote Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
    I think Wren should drive Brandon's car.

Brandon has offered his car to me plenty of times to drive. I don't think someone with my level of talent/experience should be driving these cars.

I'm only 6'2" 225lbs. There is probably room for you and me both to climb into Brandon's car. The Citations are huge inside. Even Schweitz's fat ass has to have a bead seat to keep him from rattling around inside.

I would just need to take Brandon's seat out and make my own or shove enough padding around me to be able to drive the car.

But I plan to run my DB6 as a FC and then start blowing it apart for a Fit install.

I am worried about getting my car done in time. I may not have a day off between now and the ARRC. I've still got another 9 hours of work in front of me tonight before I can even sleep.

I guess if Brandon and Tom wanted to run as FS, they could just take off their wheel fairings?

He will fit. He lost about twenty pounds at the run offs. It was a long week!

That would be fun to watch.
    Fun for you, expensive for me.

Liked: 43

I'd be cheering you on the whole way.

Liked: 0

If I can pull my finger out and get my car finished I'll be there. What a shame the spititual home of F1000 has to give way to the Runoffs. Why can't we have an ARRC F1000 Championship race? We are all in the same club. I don't get it!

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by Brands View Post
    If I can pull my finger out and get my car finished I'll be there. What a shame the spititual home of F1000 has to give way to the Runoffs. Why can't we have an ARRC F1000 Championship race? We are all in the same club. I don't get it!
    Ben, I believe there will be a FB race at the ARRC , you just can't enter it if you ran in FB at the Runoffs. Butch can confirm that.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 202

Yes, all the Runoffs classes (including FB) are invited to the 2010 ARRC by GRM. As Scott says, you just can't run the ARRC in the same class you ran at the Run-Ons.

I expect registration will be open early next week (still crossing I's and dotting T's with the PTB) and will start a new thread when that happens.

BK

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default As allways

thanks Butch for your tireless dedication to the ARRC.

If anyone is on the fence about coming down to the ARRC, and if you have never heard what a quality event this is - I'm here to tell you to do whatever you can to make it happen.
    It's epic...

One of the cool things about the ARRC is that it has grown a lot from its original IT roots. The FS, ASR and other "real" race cars paddock in the infield, pro pits. So, racing at the ARRC is just like racing at Petit LeMans. Well, maybe not exactly ... :-)

Butch and everyone in the Atl Region really do a great job running the event.

Liked: 309

Note: FB cars can run in FS, BUT tech will probably check your homologation paperwork, and the car is not supposed to fit in a regular SCCA class. Many FS ARRC competitors just do something easy to make it illegal, like make a wing 1/4" too wide.
    Do cars have to have FS homologation papers, or can one bring an FB with, for instance, a wing 1/4" too wide?
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Clayton View Post
    Do cars have to have FS homologation papers, or can one bring an FB with, for instance, a wing 1/4" too wide?
    I think, if an FB wants to race in the FS class, then homologation paperwork is needed. But (starting this year), an FB car can race in its own class if the driver did not race it at the Runoffs.

That's my understanding, anyway.

Thanks Russ.
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Yes, per the SCCA rules:
    9.2.2 Homologation Requirements
    "Homologation is required for all Formula and Sports Racer cars registered after January 1, 1983. All Formula And Sports Racer cars shall be homologated for their class."

Since this is a SCCA race & Formula S is a nationally recognized "regional only class", all cars running in FS must be homologated for FS. There should be enough time left before the ARRC to get your forms, take the required pictures & get the homologation process completed. It's pretty simple, even I was able to do it!
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by formulasuper View Post
    Yes, per the SCCA rules:
    9.2.2 Homologation Requirements
    "Homologation is required for all Formula and Sports Racer cars registered after January 1, 1983. All Formula And Sports Racer cars shall be homologated for their class."

Since this is a SCCA race & Formula S is a nationally recognized "regional only class", all cars running in FS must be homologated for FS. There should be enough time left before the ARRC to get your forms, take the required pictures & get the homologation process completed. It's pretty simple, even I was able to do it!
    Thanks Scott, and I agree that the GCR is quite clear on the subject. What I was really asking was if the ARRC organizers actually enforced that formality or if one could expect to show up with one's FB and ask to enter it in FS with a quarter-inch-too-wide front wing end plate because it's wink, wink, nudge, nudge...not complaint to FB.
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Stan,

Is Dauntless bringing their new FB?

If not, drop by Houston and pick up mine. I'll need it back sometime next year or at least by 2012 for when the runoffs come to Austin. Of course, I'll assume it will come back with the Dauntless aero kit. Don't worry about the slick shifter kit or Motec ECU, I'll spring for that when the clarifications come in.

PS. One can just add a carbon fiber gurney to any wing and it becomes an FS, right?
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by VehDyn View Post
    Is Dauntless bringing their new FB?
    Shhhhhhh!!! Don't tell nobody...it's a sekrit.

J/k...we won't be there this year.

Y'all have fun, tho...ya hear? (practicing my southern... )
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

<snip> What I was really asking was if the ARRC organizers actually enforced that formality ... <snip>
    Yep. They started checking a few years ago. There were a few entrants who showed up without homologation papers and had to scramble with phone calls to SCCA HQ to get their paperwork in time to participate.

Liked: 202

Yep. They started checking a few years ago. There were a few entrants who showed up without homologation papers and had to scramble with phone calls to SCCA HQ to get their paperwork in time to participate.
    And just to be clear, this was instituted due to requests by owners of "real" FS cars. You can certainly take a chance and show up to run in FS without homologation papers, but if protested you'll lose.

So just top clarify I can enter/race as an FB because I didn't go the Runoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Brands View Post
    So just top clarify I can enter/race as an FB because I didn't go the Runoffs?
    Yep.

Default I'm smellin'

ARRC FB win here...

(unless of course if that Roberts guy enters that Phoenix).
    THEN you might have yer hands full!!

GC

Contributing Member
    Liked: 6

Just went through dual homologation last year. cost 100.00. replaces my regular rev limiter with one higher to qualify...pretty simple. (FM)

Up to 3 FB cars registered.

Coop
    Osborne
    Byers in Keith Robert's Phoenix

Anyone else?

I've heard Schweitz might make the trip and Brandon is considering it since he is going to be there anyways (it would be way easier to pull off if FC was in with the FF/FV FST class).

Default fb fs

JR and I will be running FS, and I imagine Byers will run FB.

JR - Ya got that FS homologation done?

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Up to 3 FB cars registered.

Coop
    Osborne
    Byers in Keith Robert's Phoenix

Anyone else?

I've heard Schweitz might make the trip and Brandon is considering it since he is going to be there anyways (it would be way easier to pull off if FC was in with the FF/FV FST class).
    Schwietz might be there with Oseth, but his car will not be. Time to take it apart and do all the things we have been putting off.

Hey Coop,

Been working with Ryan Miles at the SCCA for the homologation. It supposed to be on the way today. Just got back from picking up the car in Portland last night.

Ready to mix it up with you guys. We need you out there Brandon, please consider signing up dude.

J.R.O

Quote Originally Posted by starkejt View Post
    Schwietz might be there with Oseth, but his car will not be. Time to take it apart and do all the things we have been putting off.
    You could always put it off even more and go race.

Hard work pays off in the future, procrastination pays off now.

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    You could always put it off even more and go race.

Hard work pays off in the future, procrastination pays off now.
    Slow down, no one said anything about working hard. I defy you or anyone to produce any evidence of me working hard.

Liked: 84

Quote Originally Posted by JRO183 View Post
    Hey Coop,

Been working with Ryan Miles at the SCCA for the homologation. It supposed to be on the way today. Just got back from picking up the car in Portland last night.

Ready to mix it up with you guys. We need you out there Brandon, please consider signing up dude.

J.R.O
    you get a new car?

Nope, same car. Kyle brought it back to Stohr after runoffs. Had to make repairs. Got a new style header to try for the Suzuki. Will work with the BMW after.

J.P. You should come down.

I wish I could come. I was fighting with my wife over it. I have to be in NY for that weekend for a family party (fun). You are a real trooper going all the way from Colorado! you should get a trophy just for that.

Liked: 101

Quote Originally Posted by JRO183 View Post
    Nope, same car. Kyle brought it back to Stohr after runoffs. Had to make repairs. Got a new style header to try for the Suzuki. Will work with the BMW after.

J.P. You should come down.
    JR......BRING THE BMW!!!

Regards,
    Bill

Dixon registered today in FS, so that is 4 FBs entered now.

Is the other cooper going to register?

Who else is around with an FB to enter?

It's lame I know, bout the other Cooper has yet to pull his finger out! Car is nearly done if I can stop messing with it! I'll be there as a frustated observer. Wren, I'm not sure we've met but I'll make sure to introduce myself.

JR is flying (no big surprise there). Coop and Keith Roberts are very close. Qual results here:

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=1744527

It should be a fun race to watch today.
    Last edited by RussMcB; 10.25.12 at 12:48 AM.

Russ,

Are pretty much all the cars wearing 6 and 8 inch wheels as opposed to the wider options? Pretty much all Hoosier? Thanks.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by VehDyn View Post
    Russ,

Are pretty much all the cars wearing 6 and 8 inch wheels as opposed to the wider options? Pretty much all Hoosier? Thanks.
    Sorry, I did not notice, except I *think* I saw narrow tires on JR's Stohr.

The race was pretty interesting, if disappointing for a few. JR led but only briefly (2 laps). I heard he ended up in a gravel trap but I don't know details. That left Coop leading the F1000 cars with Keith Roberts about a second behind. The gap stayed the same for a few laps then Keith slowly caught up and passed Coop about mid race, going into T1. I was watching from T1 again today and it was exciting. After Keith passed Coop, it looked like Coop was trying hard to get back ahead. After a couple more laps Keith came around alone. I heard Coop lost it in 10B and ended in the gravel. Coop's fast race lap was a 1:22.3. Keith's was a 1:22.9.

It's a bummer that JR and Coop didn't reach the checker, but great to see Keith take the win in the Phoenix. On Friday morning Keith wasn't even planning to race (he was there mainly to support Rick Ross' FC race, which he won, too). A good weekend for Team Roberts.

In other F1000 news (sort of), Brandon was there helping Wren debut his FC DB-6. They had a few issues during the weekend but Wren seemed to enjoy getting back on track after several years of crewing for Brandon.
    Last edited by RussMcB; 12.12.11 at 10:16 PM.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Damn JR killed it with those times!

Liked: 101

Default JP

JR was absolutely flying, but since he entered FS, he did not necessarily have to comply with FB rules.........he was on pace with Mallinen and Mucha...very impressive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information