Thread: Carbir FF honda

Liked: 0

Liked: 36

Nice. Any debut date given?
    Crossle 32F, Piper DF5 Honda

Liked: 157

The car is not 100% ready but they are nearing completion. A guy from Canada has already started building one, he took delivery of a chassis earlier this year. He was there with his build book with pictures and I think he said the only thing really needed for him to finish was the dry sump oil tank. He has built the car with a Kent and it will be raced in Canada.

There was a spec sheet available from Carbir, they gave a list price of $49,000 for the complete car with a Honda engine, minus a dash.

Liked: 8

Is this a new design? Or is it one of the late 90's early 2000 Cabir FC's that is being converted to Honda?

Liked: 42

Looked at it closely, looks like a nice piece, but kept wondering.........

Where's the radiator(s) go ?
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

Liked: 157

We asked the same question about the radiator, because it looks like there is room in front of the engine like the Swifts. But the guy from Carbir said the car will have sidepods and side radiators like the VDs, etc.

I asked if he had any photos or drawings of the finished car and he said it's similar to the Carbir FC, but different...

We asked the same question about the radiator, because it looks like there is room in front of the engine like the Swifts. But the guy from Carbir said the car will have sidepods and side radiators like the VDs, etc.

Is the wheel base posted somewhere

Liked: 36

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post

Is the wheel base posted somewhere
    From their spec sheet 101"
    Crossle 32F, Piper DF5 Honda

From their spec sheet 101"

Thank you

Keeping the WB....I bet if he used a shorter GB input shaft and shorten the slab sides of "adapter"; he could fit that radiator behind the firewall...just thinking...

Being as I wasn't at the Runoffs - sucks! - I can't confirm this, but I'm under the assumption that Carbir is still owned and operated by Brian Utt. That being the case, I would guess the new FF Honda powered car is being based on the cars he's been building and running in China the past few years. I could be wrong though, as I haven't spoken to Brian.

If you are on here Brian, give me a shout.

Cheers,
    Allan Craighead
    eFormulaCarNews.com Managing Editor
    (226) 808-9472 Cell
    acraighead@howdenmediagroup.com

Liked: 7

Default Carbir FF

I had not planned on debuting the car until after it was completed but the people at HPD had asked me to bring it to the track as an engine display.

This FF is an all new design that only caries over a small amount of parts from my previous cars.

Since the chassis on display was a prototype there are some differences between it and the production cars. The engine is moved 3 inches forwards on the production cars and the shock mounts are in double shear among other things.

The radiators are side mounted with a narrow side pod.

I currently am working on three new cars for SCCA racing. Besides the FF I also have a new Duratec S-2000 and a new Zetech FC.
    The FC will share some parts with the FF but will be a different chassis. Neither of these cars have any relationship to the cars that I had built for the Chinese series as those are a much larger car.

I have 5 of the FF's going together now and plan on being on track at the early nationals in Florida.

If anyone would like any additional information please feel free to contact me.

Brian Utt
    Carbir Race Cars
    brian@carbir.com

ApexSpeed Photographer Dennis Valet's Avatar
    Liked: 60

Thanks for the update Brian - car looked very nice at Road America

Liked: 7

Default Carbir FF

Dennis
    Thank you for the compliment. I am sorry that we did not have more time to talk at the track.

I will post some pictures after I get all the bodywork mounted.

Brian Utt
    Carbir Race Cars
    brian@carbir.com

Thread Information