Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Liked: 151

Quote Originally Posted by Quickshoe View Post
    Thanks for tossing me under the bus there Wren. However, I didn't make the argument, I posed the question. You seemed to run, well jog, with it until challenged.
    Quote Originally Posted by bill gillespie View Post
    Hey Wren,

I think I'm the guy who first advanced the aggument, so pull Daryl out from under the bus.

Regards,
    Bill

Daryl,

I'm sorry. I was so fixated on whether or not I had ever tried to make that argument that I went off of memory of who had first advanced it. Lesson learned.

I'm still having trouble finding where I really promoted that argument.

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Daryl,

I'm sorry. I was so fixated on whether or not I had ever tried to make that argument that I went off of memory of who had first advanced it. Lesson learned.
    No worries Wren. I'm thicker skinned than that....thus the smiley. I need to work on my writing skills....it would appear my tone isn't often accurately translated.

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    I had written out a long post but my blackberry lost it. I will summarise:

1. The aluminum calipers and wide bodywork a re a big part of why we need the shifters.

2. It is a one time expense in a very expensive class. The cost of the shifter is very much in line with the cost of a good gearbox rebuild. Why are people so hung up on it?

3. If we took every shifter off of the grid. Dixon, Schweitz, and Burkett are not going to change their qualifying position. It is far from an unfair advantage. Remember that Niki doesn't have a shifter at all.

4. They can save money and hassle in the long run. They are much easier on engines. You cannot even feel a downshift in these cars.

I imagine the F600 guys are going to end up wanting them because they solve all of the shifter problems that can be hard to overcome otherwise.
    If we didnt want to shift we would stay with the CVT's, thats the point. We don't put our F500 cars in neutral 40 times a lap like everyone else now. I say we take ALL the control away from the drivers and run everything from the pits. Crew Chiefs could just down load the latest computer sim and let it fly. Would shorten up the drivers complaint/excuse list and save LOTS of time trying to explain to a driver that the car wouldn't go any faster with 100 more horsepower.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread Information