Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2010 Runoffs

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Great on-board Bill. Thought Jeremy got an excellent start. You were much more patient with 31 than I certainly would have been What did we miss betwen 16:04 and 16:05???

Congrats on your patience and your finish.

Liked: 11

Hey Daryl,

Thanks for the compliments!

My Dad did the editing and I think he was just trying to get the length of the video down. I guess it is interesting that at 16:04 I'm in front, and at 16:05 I'm behind! D'oh! Only one lap gets cut out at that point in the video, though. Scott gets past me by drafting underneath going into 1. I wasn't expecting him to make a move there. One of the several mistakes I made during the race. He definitely didn't cut it out to mask any mistakes. I'm more than willing to display them to all, and plenty are shown in the video! I'm still learning and I'm not afraid to admist when I make a mistake, just as long as I learn from them.

After the off I lose time due to my tires being coverd in junk and then shortly thereafter my shift linkage breaks so the last lap is pretty uneventful with lots of missed shifts so he cut that out too.

Scott drove hard and drove smart. Even if I stayed on track and had a functioning shift linkage there are no guarantees I wind up getting him for third! It's just a "what if" situation.

Glad you're all enjoying the video. The Speedcasttv footage is fantastic as well. The bobble I had at turn 1 looks WAAAY worse on TV than on the inboard! Except it definitely wasn't because I got a wheel on the dirt. I was high and Scott suddenly moved over just as we hit the brakes. I had to quickly swerve just as we hit the brakes hard which really unsettled the car! My fault for being in that position, lesson learned. That battle for 5th through "everyone" wa pretty epic as well. Heck of a race fellas!

Take care,

-Bill Valet
    NeDiv Swift DB-6 #83

Liked: 78

Default Speed cast

I found it funny that they thought I stalled leaving the grid, then they realized it was just the second row of cars. At least I got some time on TV!

Good job everyone,

Megan

Liked: 42

Default More pics

FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

Liked: 20

Default Great pics

Hey Marc, I just found these pictures last night myself, awesome job Jay did! Thanks for putting them up. I was sitting in turn 8 and never saw it. Your in car video was all we had until now. These photos leave no doubt what happened. Obviously my first concern was for Reid but now I feel even worse for those 3 other drivers. As you witnessed first hand at last years Runoffs, Reid also had a left rear rod end failure in turn 5 passing for 3RD on the last lap while I was sitting in turn 7. Never saw that either until many weeks later, Jeff Salcedo at Lindstrand Motorsports, gave us the photos he took below. Maybe I should watch from 5 next year and hope it breaks this jinx. Bruce
    Last edited by Bruce Hazelton; 10.19.10 at 8:42 PM. Reason: additional info

Liked: 1432

I heard Marc took some Gypsy-Jedi Mind Whammy classes. I think he throws a hex on me every now and then, money well spent. Wait till next year, I am taking a page out of his playbook with a DB-6 Voodoo doll. Figure it I make it white I can use it on half the field.

Liked: 0

Default Beautiful photos from the Runoffs

Dennis....

Beautiful photos....

How do I purchase photos from you..?

Bill
    (505) 720-2563

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information