Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Runoffs

Liked: 36

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Allen View Post
    Any updates from this morning? Was it raining?
    Thanks Wes
    Must have been based on the times and half the field not going out.
    Crossle 32F, Piper DF5 Honda

Liked: 1432

Session was humid and damp, on the outlap it started to drizzle on the back straight. Half the field didn't go out and the grid is the same.

Do I get a commission or a brokerage fee for selling Horgas's car for him ? Jk.

Liked: 14

congrats on pole Reid. Pretty cool deal.
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Liked: 162

Consolidated qualifying results here:
    http://www.scca.com/eventresults.aspx?event=15558&hub=1

Congrats to Reid, and it's great to see an older chassis in the hunt.

Liked: 64

Congrats Reid!
    Has to be the platforms I sold you! It's going to be a great race!
    Good Luck Wes

Liked: 11

My car is a '91
    NeDiv Swift DB-6 #83

Liked: 22

Default Quali 3 for FF

My source says it was raining, someone rolled their DB1 in Canada, lot of time under yellow, and times were definitely slow compared to prior 2 sessions. Good job by Scanlan, however, for the Honda camp!

Those who are there can no doubt provide more info.

ApexSpeed Photographer Dennis Valet's Avatar
    Liked: 60

It was quite wet in Canada corner and this was the result on the out lap

I also have developed a strong dislike for fence poles

Also a new FF chassis with a Honda Fit was on display. I'll get better pictures hopefully, didn't have the correct lens on me

Liked: 96

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Valet View Post
    It was quite wet in Canada corner and this was the result on the out lap

I also have developed a strong dislike for fence poles

Amazing photos!

Follow up? Driver OK? Car able to run in the race?
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

I'm sorry to see that someone had a worse time in Canada Corner yesterday than I did. Hope the driver and car are OK.
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Liked: 36

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Valet View Post
    Also a new FF chassis with a Honda Fit was on display. I'll get better pictures hopefully, didn't have the correct lens on me
    Great. Thanks. If you get more pics, please start a Carbir thread for them.
    Crossle 32F, Piper DF5 Honda

Liked: 309

Default Kautz Wins!

[FONT=Courier]Congrats to Tim Kautz on a well earned RunOffs victory! [/FONT]

[FONT=Courier]Results[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier]Hard luck award, once again, goes to Mike Sauce. [/FONT]
    Last edited by -pru-; 09.26.10 at 7:39 PM. Reason: Updated Results Link...Again...
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Congratulations Tim for a well deserved victory!!! Way to go, Piper back on top!

Mike caused it. First lap, T5, hit Cliff, got airborne and hit me. Hard luck?
    Last edited by reidhazelton; 09.28.10 at 1:07 PM.

Contributing Member rick payne_75's Avatar
    Liked: 112

what happened to Hazelton? something not right with car for race?

Contributing Member rick payne_75's Avatar
    Liked: 112

sorry as I hit submit button I saw your post

Liked: 14

congrats to Tim and the podium finishers
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Classifieds Super License swiftdrivr's Avatar
    Liked: 673

Default Runoffs

Great show, guys. And good job speedcast. I really enjoyed watching it live.---Jim

Liked: 0

Congratulations Tim on a great drive and well deserved win!

Thank you to all of the other competitors using Fast Forward/Piper parts. We sincerely appreciate your business.

Doug, Doug Jr., and Karen

Fast Forward Components
    Piper Race Cars

Default Now you know the "Rest of the Story"...

Quote Originally Posted by reidhazelton View Post
    What?!!! Uh, Mike caused it, hit Cliff, got airborne and hit me. Hard luck? Are you effing kidding me??!!!
    Thanks for feedback Reid.

I was going by what I saw via the SpeedcastTV feed which did not show any of what you have outlined. I only saw Mike going off at T5.

Final results have Mike listed in last without completing a lap. For Mike, this seems to be a RunOffs pattern over the years (i.e. not completing more than a few laps), hence the "Hard Luck" reference.

Sorry for your misfortune in this matter, but you did have on heck of run up through the field post contact!

Looking forward to additional details (video?) from the competitors for, as the late Paul Harvey whould say, the "Rest of the Story"...
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Sorry Pru, I just freaked out a little. Kinda pissed. I just watched my video and it is pretty much what I remember. I saw Sauce coming at me with his belly pan above me. He landed on my left front and bent the arm and did some damage to the sidepod and the radiator. Car was no good and was a real bear with a massive push. Must have had a ton of caster added by Sauce. Sorry for the outburst Pru..

But, thanks to the apexspeed family for the praise on taking pole. I followed the thread through the week and it made the whole experience even better. So, thanks for the praise. Even though I didn't respond,

Of course, congrats to Tim. He earned it and won it outright with some great laps. Congrats Timmy!

When do we start the winter threads about the Hondas?

Quote Originally Posted by reidhazelton View Post
    Sorry Pru, I just freaked out a little. Kinda pissed. I just watched my video and it is pretty much what I remember. I saw Sauce coming at me with his belly pan above me. He landed on my left front and bent the arm and did some damage to the sidepod and the radiator. Car was no good and was a real bear with a massive push. Must have had a ton of caster added by Sauce. Sorry for the outburst Pru..
    No need to apologize Reid. Given the story, I'd still be fuming...

Given the damage, very impressive post-contact run!

Congrats on your 2010 effort; Sprints Podium / RunOffs Pole ...
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Stan and Marc

Any idea what happened to Stan going into the kink? Marc Blanc was making quite a charge and then disappeared what happened there?

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

reid, what an amazing effort. sorry about your misfortunate but an impressive charge back non the less. let's hold off on the honda stuff until we have something to talk about.....let's say around tuesday.....ric

Contributing Member
    Liked: 210

Congrats to Tim on a great race. From my vantage point at the top of the bleachers in corner 5, it was a great race to watch.

With all the excitement coming into 5 on the first lap, I didn't recall seeing Reid near the front. What happened to you, Reid?

Kautz and Treadway put on a great show for the top spot, with Kautz eventually pulling away. Rubenzer and Valet put on an equally good show for third.

Fookin' wind was insane; very unusual for Wisconsin. Lots of bent and torn canopies.

Blanc pulled off under his own power in 5 near the end of the race.

Liked: 601

Default 2010 Runoffs

Stan had a steering coupler come loose (results from early week crash) that sent him straight into the barrier, just be fore the kink.
    Reid did a real good job fighting back with a car, not right after turn five. He should be proud of keeping at it and the racing the way he did, when others may have called it quits.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Well, at least I can admit when I blow it. And the start, I totally blew. Here is what happened, or at least what I think happened.

I was coming out of 12, and needed a bit more heat in the brakes as they didn't feel hot enough. So, I rode the brake lightly and the gas through T14. Green flag dropped and the car didn't accelerate as I got freight trained. After talking to Cliff Johnson and Farley (awesome engine all week. The start was all me, not him in any way) I think a few things happened. I fouled/loaded/flooded whatever, the engine when I dragged the brakes, combined with a cool day and a loong pace lap. Suggested I rev the beans out of it in 14 to clean it out. Tough lesson learned as it put me in the position I found myself in 5 to get landed on.

I know I shouldn't go out on a forum and air my mistakes, but at least I admit them. I apologize to the top 10 for turning myself into a moving chicane going into T1.

Congrats to the top 3. Great racing all the way through the pack. Need to spend some more time fixing these up in photoshop, but figured I'd get some quick edits up before bed.

Awesome pictures!

Classifieds Super License swiftdrivr's Avatar
    Liked: 673

Default Cool Pics

Kind of a redundant statement on my part, but you got some awsome shots. I think I may have to change my U.S.S. Enterprize wallpaper! Thanks for sharing.---Jim

Liked: 0

Default 2010 Runoffs

Awesome drive Tim..Well deserved

Contributing Member John Merriman's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Default RESULTS?

The link to "RESULTS" isn't working for me. Can Someone post results? or a link? Thanks.

Liked: 162

Contributing Member Mike Scanlan's Avatar
    Liked: 94

Default First lap incident

Reid
    Your take on the incident is right. My video caught the whole thing from a few car lengths back. Mike locked up his rears all by himself, got sideways touching another car I couldn't identify which popped him up in the air and down on you. Tough break for you, but a nice drive coming back thru the field. Nice to finally meet you.

Mike

Liked: 20

Default Video

Mike ,Could you post the video or maybe PM me where we could see it? That's twice now sitting in the back straight and missing Reid's action in 5. Thanks. Bruce

Default Photos

Dennis, When I talked with Bill, I thought he said you weren't a professional photographer. If not your pictures are as good as any I've seen. The above flip is a great example. Also clear as hell! You also get great action shots not just the side of a single car like many pro's do. Keep up the good work and post all you want. Nobody will tire of looking at what you do. Great job Bill hanging with the top 3! Even saw you in 2nd at 8 at one point. Bruce

Default Win for Tim

Congrats to Tim and Paul on their win!! After your great season last year and have it end the way it did you deserved this one. You did CENDIV proud! Bruce

Liked: 99

Default FF Runoffs

Reid- If what you say happened is what happened, ( I still have not seen any video)I apologize.It ruined my race and yours.Sorry Mike Sauce

Liked: 11

Default congrats!

Congrats to Tim for a heck of a drive. He really pushed at exactly the right moment and got enough of a gap to hold on for the win. This was my first time really being involved in a multiple car battle at such competitive lap times, and boy it didn't disappoint! From the tons of passing to being bump drafted down the front straight by Treadway 6 inches from the wall, I could care less that I just missed the podium! The experience was worth it. I made mistakes, but learned a heck of a lot and I'm sure I won't repeat them again next year if I'm presented with the same situations. I'm most impressed with how hard everyone raced, but also by how clean they were. Just enough room given, and heads on a swivel. So congrats to Tim, JT, and Scott for very well deserved finishes on the podium!

Tough break for Reid on the start. I had the same thing happen to me about 7 times before anyone gave me a tip about clearing the engine before the start. I kept wondering why I've been getting smoked at the starts! But that start should take nothing away from Reid and what he's done. Everyone knows who he is now and what he can do. Everyone will have him as a top pick next year wherever he shows up. Hold your head up high Reid, you had a heck of a week (and season for that matter!).

We're working on getting the in car video edited. We had both the forward view and rear view camera's actually work the entirety of the race this time (miraculous I know) which caught a lot of action! We even have a sick view of JT pushing me down the front straight, if he picked the other side of my car to bump draft from he would have hit the camera! We just got home not a couple hours ago so we should hopefully have the video posted within the next few days.

Oh, and big thanks to Marc Blanc for throwing the FF party on Tuesday night! It was a hit. Also thanks to Bruce Hazelton for putting together some pretty neat awards

-Bill Valet
    NeDiv Swift DB-6 #83

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information