Liked: 0

Default Whrri track record falls

Just wanted to say congrats to Jason Steeb for setting the track record at Waterford Hills this past weekend in FST. Congrats Jason!!

Liked: 151

Excellent,

But are you going to tell us what it is---or do we have to look it up?

1.16.335 according to mylaps

Liked: 190

Oooo, Changing the fast laps ASAP.

Congrats Jason!
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

zoom...zoom...

Thanks for the thumbs up Chris!

There's more time to be had, and I think Jim would have found it too...until he threw that rotary in the back of his Caracal.

Rumor is one of my buddies thinks the record should be in the 13's or 14's. I ran a 1:14 in practice, but I had R35 FC fronts on the car. hahahaha... Boy did I get a wake up call when I put the CFF tires on!!!! I felt like I was on ice. Chuck McCormick gave me some advice, and it helped a pretty nasty understeer.

Now if we could only get a few more FST's out there. I was on the track with 5 F500's and 2 FV's. Plenty of room for more FST's. I know there's at least 3 others in MI right now!!!!!!!

Just sayin...

Alright, great job Jason! Glad you were out havin' some fun, and settin' some records over the weekend. Thought about coming out and wandering around, been a long time since I've been to Waterford, shoulda' been there. Congrats again!

Dave

Liked: 254

Now you just got to get rid of those spins.
    Although that was a nice 360 exitting Turn 2.

Default NEW Record...

Hi guys...

Not to brag or anything, but I set a new lap record at Waterford Hills this past weekend. at a 1:12.120.

And to Bill's point, if you don't count parade laps in my Celica, I only spun once this weekend!

I'm hoping Woody, Reece, and/or Chris can make it out there next year...we'll see how competitive that time really is.

I'm starting to think 11's are possible.

Which would let us mix it up with some of the F500's and CFF's that race out there. The race before I set the record, I was actually hanging with a CFC and a couple FF's for a few laps. What a GREAT class!

Is it spring time yet?

Liked: 254

Jason huge congratulations that a stellar lap! I was shocked. Watching the CFC, Ford, and 500 around you during the Saturday race had me mystified. Knowing you qualified at a 1:15 I figured they were going ridiculously slow...until the announcer called out your new lap record of a 1:12! 3 seconds, thats huge.

Liked: 151

Default Big question

Was this with a muffler????

Bill...Thanks man! Once they all sorted themselves out they started to check out. I could hang thru T1 and hilltop, but they were walking me out of hill top to big bend. They also gapped me pretty bad coming out the esses and coming out of swamp. So anyway...you sell your car yet? You could be running CFF lap times with an ITC price tag.

RG....I sure did! It's a city ordinance (thanks to the neighborhood which moved in 20 years after the track)...All cars racing at Waterford are required to have a muffler installed.

It can be a pain (and the #1 barrier to having a series event here), but it's still one of my favorite tracks. I figure if guys can muffle their FA's and GT1 cars, I can put a SuperTrapp on my little VW motor.

Cheers!
    Last edited by jsteeb; 09.27.10 at 9:39 PM.

Thread Information