Liked: 1

Default New Barber FB Lap Record

Keith Roberts set a new FB lap record of 1:25.9 in his Phoenix at the Barber SCCA race yesterday. Congrats to Keith, Team Roberts, and Phoenix Race Works.

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Way to go Keith

I guess you got that fuel problem straightened out!

Man, that lap record of mine from the day prior may just be the shortest standing record on record!

GC

Liked: 553

Default Impressive weekend for FB (except for ...)

In Saturday's race Glenn Cooper lowered the record (from Brandon, I think), then Sunday Keith went even faster. It was impressive seeing the FB cars battle and beat atlantics and sports racers (except super fast Jason Barfield's DSR). Ada Cheung had a good weekend in her Stohr. Jerry Freeman qualified well on Saturday and got a good start but was involved in the lap 1 T1 incident. He says that means he'll have more reason to work on his second FB car (already started).

Here's a picture of Ada's Stohr.
    Last edited by RussMcB; 11.14.10 at 6:45 PM.

Liked: 35

Keith and Brandon....

Congrats guys....way to go.

Congrats to Dustin as well......

Thanks for supporting our product Keith. I really do appreciate it.
    Scotty
    Est. 1990
    Taylor Race Engineering

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
    In Saturday's race Glenn Cooper lowered the record (from Brandon, I think), then Sunday Keith went even faster. It was impressive seeing the FB cars battle and beat atlantics and sports racers (except super fast Jason Barfield's DSR). Ada Cheung had a good weekend in her Stohr. Jerry Freeman qualified well on Saturday and got a good start but was involved in the lap 1 T1 incident. He says that means he'll have more reason to work on his second FB car (already started).

Here's a picture of Ada's Stohr.
    We ran a stock motor in the WF1 that weekend and weighed right around 1,000lbs. Shows you how much more aero there is on the DSR in comparison to FB. I have to admit though, I have still wanted to drive one. I was looking hard at the Phoenix before getting back into a DSR.

Jason

Liked: 553

Jason, contact Team Roberts. Keith is great to work with and can get you into the Phoenix for some laps. I'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy it. Would be interesting to see how your lap times compared. Maybe at the ARRC?
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
    Jason, contact Team Roberts. Keith is great to work with and can get you into the Phoenix for some laps. I'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy it. Would be interesting to see how your lap times compared. Maybe at the ARRC?
    I spoke with Keith earlier in the year and came close to renting one. I was especially interested in that chassis given that I'm a tall guy and weigh 215lbs. I'm sure I'll check one out sometime.

I probably won't be able to do the ARRC.

Charles Dempsey from DSR plans on running a Stohr during select events next year.

Jason

Thread Information