Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contributing Member Mike Scanlan's Avatar
    Liked: 94

Default TDI at the Runoffs Party

A great time was had by all, with more than enough food to feed the whole paddock. Everyone chipped in and everything was terrific, even the Brats. Special thanks to Marc Blanc for hosting and doing more than his share of the work. Also, the gang from TDI really stepped up and gave away a few thousand dollars worth of product in a random drawing, really showing their committment to the class. So, a special thanks to them.

Liked: 8

Default TDI and their support

Mike,
    We couldn't agree more! John and Jackie Taylor from TDI/Two Dogg handed out some amazing gifts to our class. Forget the Runoffs contingency package, TDI/Two Dogg eclipsed them with a very direct statement of support to the FF class nationally!

We run TDI/Two Dogg components the #88 Piper: Rotors, hats, gears, transmission, brakes, adjustable sway bars, bearings and races etc. etc.

On behalf of Team Kautz we are pleased to give them the 2010 Runoffs Win, they are the best!

Paul Descoteaux
    Kautz Racing

Liked: 0

Default Great time

We had a great time at the party! Hats off to everyone involved. Great meeting all the people.

John and Jackie went over the top with "real" prizes. They have helped me several times and I am proud to call them friends. Two Dogg is Two Doggone Good!

Congrates to the podium finishers! Good job Tim!

Everyone who does not win likes to think they could have done better and include myself in this group but I had a blast running tthis race. I do not recall a race where I passed or was passed so many times. I loss count of how many times Shippert and I changed positions.

This is THE class! The cars, the races the people.

Let the woulda, coulda shoulda begin.

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kolthoff View Post

Hear, hear! And it only appears to be getting better.

Contributing Member Mike Scanlan's Avatar
    Liked: 94

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kolthoff View Post
    We had a great time at the party! Hats off to everyone involved. Great meeting all the people.

John and Jackie went over the top with "real" prizes. They have helped me several times and I am proud to call them friends. Two Dogg is Two Doggone Good!

Congrates to the podium finishers! Good job Tim!

Everyone who does not win likes to think they could have done better and include myself in this group but I had a blast running tthis race. I do not recall a race where I passed or was passed so many times. I loss count of how many times Shippert and I changed positions.

Let the woulda, coulda shoulda begin.
    Well Mike, if you're interested in counting the passes, I think I got them all on my video. I just wish that I could have gotten a bit closer and joined in. I'll try and get something posted when all the dust settles.

Liked: 42

Default Great party ! ! !

Thanks everybody for coming and making the 2010 FF Party Legendary,

The weather was fantastic, by far the best evening all week for it (got lucky there).

I'm tempted to not try to thank people, for fear of those I'll forget. There was so much that it's impossible to list, but here are some of the highlights. Appologies to those not mentionied, you're still appreciated.

First, Bob, and his brother from Canada, who weren't even racing-they just came for the party, show up w/ many cases of Molson, and 3 huge pans of seasoned pork, a cool light, and probably more. Great guys, thanks much, and not surprising that they were some of the 'stay late' crowd. Heard they were all over the rest of the week 'crashing' any and all parties they could.

The Texas guys who brought the 5+? full racks of ribs, those went fast, and were fantastic !!

Scanlan who brought the Italian sausages, have to admit, those things are pretty damn good,
    I think he changed my mind about those, though he admitted a well prepped brat is lots better than he previously experienced.

The LMI crew brought a couple big salads, which were great, and well appreciated, and there was so much much more, lots more food that we couldn't even keep track of. Heard the PA sausages were great, but didn't get any. The Sauce's chirzo con queso was great. Thanks to all those that brought what they committed to, and much more. We even had firewood but it was so nice out, that never got lit.

The grilling crew was fantastic at turning out the food, headed by Bruce Kilcoyne of Schulz Automotive, Bruce not only builds a great engine, but is a great cook, and burns a mean brat, "gotta put some fire to them, not bake em in water, like the fancy hotel downtown." Bruce was backed up buy the texans, and some others, four grills going full tilt most of the time. (who brought the extra grill?) Thanks for pitching in guys.

Special thanks to my neighbors/friends (DSR types w/ the green shirts) that really pitched in, and helped coordinate and serve, and keep things going, besides bringing a great big roaster of kraut w/ dumplings, that were a hit.

The keg of Spotted Cow went well, but couldn't believe how much other beer was brought, the Shiner bock, and more imports, and pretty sure Paul was running his own hard liquor bar over there, with not much left of a 1/2 gal of absolute. Somebody was thoughtfull enough to bring big plastic cups too, (cause the typical 16 oz'rs are just not big enough ;-)

Bruce Hazelton did a fantastic job not only making the awards, but also MCing, and I know it was extra special that he was able to give provisional pole to his son Reid. Wonder if he thought of that possibility when making that award.............

One of the hardest working guys all week was Stan Townes, who took out just enough time from his thrashing on the car to make an appearance, and get some well deserved food.

And as mentioned above, what the Taylors did for awards was above and beyond, thanks John and Jackie.

Extra special thanks to John Luxon and especially Jane. They not only reserved the keg for me, they picked it up, delivered with ice of course. And with the our family needs to be gone on Wednesday, they also volunteered and took it back for me. Many thanks, that really took a load off.

I had the easy part of the job, just coordinating, but Special thanks to Mom and Bruce, who did all the work, the shopping, cooking, and cleaning, and of course mom for her special beans which were a hit. Thankfully just enough left for me the next day.

I missed out on lots of the early bench racing, but looked like it was going well. One of my funnier moments was realizing the difference in height between the spunky little Megan Sauce, standing beside the giant of Treadway. Talk about extremes, and in the same car. Late in the evening there was around 12, then 7, 5, then only 2 left, trying to empty the keg. Lee somehow couldn't remember where he parked his golf cart, heard it was found later right where he parked it. Hope somebody has a picture. Oh yeah, thanks for the shirts as giveaways.

And thanks to everybody who just showed up, A party isn't a party with out all the people.

I have pics, will try to post sometime soon,

marc
    Last edited by mblanc; 09.30.10 at 9:45 AM. Reason: 'cause
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1898

Quote Originally Posted by mblanc View Post
    Late in the evening there was around 12, then 7, 5, then only 2 left, trying to empty the keg. Lee somehow couldn't remember where he parked his golf cart, heard it was found later right where he parked it. Hope somebody has a picture.

marc
    Um,....It wasn't found where he parked it!
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Liked: 99

Default FF Party

I want to thank everyone involved in the party it was great to visit with everyone and put names with faces.Thanks Marc for hosting.I was the winner of the TDI aluminum diff giveaway.I have not done business with John Taylor at TDI in several years but I will from now on.Thanks to TDI for their generous support.Thanks again to all.We need to do it again next year. Mike Sauce

Default Party pics

party pics
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

Default more pics

more
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information