Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 3787

I've witnessed 50 some odd of these starts. It never gets old. And to see them all get cleanly through madness on that opening lap is a sight to behold.
    Last edited by Purple Frog; 09.21.10 at 9:44 PM.

Liked: 79

Froggy, thanks for the great pictures, Being born and raised 2 hours from the track, the pics are making me homesick. I need to coordinate my next family visit with a M-O weekend and tow up the old Swift. Plenty of wonderful memories, especially when we ran during the Trans Am or Can Am weekends.
    Last edited by Bob Coury; 09.05.10 at 8:25 AM.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

Victor Carbone and Alegra Motorsports Champions.
    Well deserved and congratulations.

Liked: 52

Default More photos

Here are some more photos, not as great as the professionals

Liked: 2

Default CFC Record !!

How about that new CFC Record 1.26:792 in a Reynard SF88 !! Set by Greg Rempel from Leamington ,Ontario Canada
    Lee

:short course record broken by more than 2 seconds !!
    Naturally this caught the eye of more than a few Pro FF 2000 Team mangers.
    Last edited by LAJ; 09.06.10 at 10:44 AM. Reason: because I can

Liked: 106

Yes it did, the young canadian drove rather well. I was also impressed that dad built engine of his

Default Elite Rebuild

Greg's father owns a Auto repair center and rebuilt the engine with crower rods and newer spec pistons from Ivey & the new cam and lightened flywheel . 2 years ago(not to blow my own horn but) I talked Greg around Mid - Ohio using a track map and golf cart to show the lines and shifting points.His first time out in a ff2000 and @ Mid-Ohio he did a 1.30:something and run with the CFC & FC leaders.I watched the race on Sunday and he was doing turns 1 & 13 (or the up hill left before the carousel ) flat out or just a hair's breath just like the top pro cars(the way they should be driven when needed)!!!
    Just a top notch drive !!

ALSO RUNNING A PINTO was Vaughn Horvath turning in a very impressive time (starting from the back and catching Greg at one point)of 1.26:760!!!
    in a 97 Van Diemen.

Lee
    http://metroevents.com/jordaneng/index.htm

Saturday night Greg's car was under the St Clair tent with none other than Gibby doing some wrenching. I'm afraid if they would have put in the changes Gib recomended, they would have been even faster.

GR and I were trying to talk Greg into coming to the ARRC.

Greg was the overall leader in Sunday's race. With DB4s, CSRs, DSRs, and FBs in the field...

Default with a little help from your fiends...

Wondering how Daniel got to the lead? Maybe a large push from Cole down to the first turn.

Last edited by Purple Frog; 01.08.11 at 5:02 PM.

Default Other Stories

Jonathon Scarallo started dead last, and finished 4th. He probably was wishing for a few more laps. The last time that was accomplished was when Anders Krohn did the same in 2008.

The new lap record holder at M-O is Chris Livengood. Accomplished in Sunday's race.

Mark Defer lost "Mojo" to Dave Weitzenhof. But, Mark was pretty happy. He completed the complete F2KCS season without bend nor breaking any parts or pieces.
    Last edited by Purple Frog; 09.21.10 at 9:41 PM.

Liked: 0

I posted my highlight video from Sunday in the in-car video thread and on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odZnFUuJR5c

Was a nice way to re-pay the boys after I made a mistake in qualifying that should not have happened.

A caution with about 5 laps to go would have been nice because I was coming after the front 3 just ran out of time.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Not to take anything away from anyone else, but what a drive.

You can tell from the grip on the wheel and the engine note that this was one very determined driver.

And a couple of the lines during passes I quote Star Trek: " to boldly go where no man has gone before".

Default New FC Parts

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    Some folks just love this technical stuff...

Fast Forward now builds a beautiful replacement upright for late model VD (front and rear). The pieces use Stock VD axles, bearings, and rotor hats.

It's really neat when you bolt on the new PF aluminum calipers.

Might be something to it. The car has been at the front of the field all week.

or... is it the cool wing? Could be that the driver is flat driving the snot out of the car.
    The photos hardly do justice to the quality of the parts. Big thanks to all the folks below.

Fast Forward / Doug & Doug Jr. Radial Mount Uprights for the VD. Every single detail in the new upright was thought about and it really shows. Right out of the box they bolted up and ran all weekend perfectly. I understand that Bill w/GTP has more car sets in the works.

PFC Brakes / Darrick Dong. Talk about low drag, how about no drag.........The is a super nice package all the way around. Bill w/ GTP is also a PFC distributor.

Dauntless Racing / Rennie & Stan Clayton. Complete rear wing package.
    Maybe a new rear diffuser to mount to the wing guys?

WRD / Paul & Lee Williams. Super light weight box / fast as hell and ran all year without one single parts failure.

Rob Nicholas.

Default The banquet

The Season Ending Banquet was a blast. Everybody that didn't show was roasted. Come to think of it, everybody that did show was roasted.

The high point of the evening had to be Victor's great acceptance speech. He has proven to be a great champion.
    Last edited by Purple Frog; 09.21.10 at 9:41 PM.

Liked: 309

Quote Originally Posted by R Nicholas View Post
    Dauntless Racing / Rennie & Stan Clayton. Complete rear wing package.
    Maybe a new rear diffuser to mount to the wing guys?
    Ya done us all proud, Rob...congrats on a fine showing!

A prototype diffuser is already running out here on the Left Coast, but we need to build proper molds. In any case, it will be ready for the winter races.

The first skins for our new front wing are out of the mold, should your car need some help at that end...
    Last edited by Stan Clayton; 09.18.13 at 7:54 AM.
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 79

WRD / Paul & Lee Williams. Super light weight box / fast as hell and ran all year without one single parts failure.

Rob Nicholas.
    Thanks Rob, you did us proud too! And Thanks to all our other customers in the Series, it was great to be involved and meet you all this year, we're looking forward to being involved even more next year.

And Rob, Wait until you get the new one, Shes a beauty!!
    Williams Racing Developments Inc
    704 658 0940 www.willrace.com

WE HAVE MOVED...... 503 Performance Road, Mooresville, NC, 28115

Liked: 309

[OT]

Lee, you back in San Diego? I thought you moved to the East Coast?

[/OT]
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 19

Default gratuitous over advertising opportunity

Fast Forward / Doug & Doug Jr. Radial Mount Uprights for the VD. Every single detail in the new upright was thought about and it really shows. Right out of the box they bolted up and ran all weekend perfectly. I understand that Bill w/GTP has more car sets in the works.
    PFC Brakes / Darrick Dong. Talk about low drag, how about no drag.........The is a super nice package all the way around. Bill w/ GTP is also a PFC distributor.
    Since the video wasn't shown at the banquet - I don't need to be low profile this week... I'm happy that Bobby Caldwells dad didn't punch me.... Everybody else knows I'm a jerk so the interviews went great - Bobby's dad though...... Sometimes it's tough laying the truth out there.....

I stopped into GTP Components for lunch today - had some Biscotti and Vin Santo.....
    Uprights and calipers are on the shelf. Mention Fast Matt and get free shipping - maybe a free squishy toy....

Uprights are - fronts $475 rears $450 ~ caliper, hub, studs and nuts not included (I can provide those if needed)

Last edited by Matt M.; 09.07.10 at 2:10 PM.

Contributing Member

Default Mid-Ohio Final 2010

Fast Matt,

I just did not know which jerk you were when you were asking the questions. I had never met you and mistakenly thought you might be somebody important. My mistake
    I have no problem with the truth and by the way how did the the double stack question work out for you?
    I'll buy you a drink next time.

John (Bobby's Dad)

Liked: 14

for various reasons very few items ever exceed your expectations for them. The WRD box, Dauntelss wing, and PFC calipers are the exceptions. All are better then advertised, as are the people involved with them. With an even better WRD box on the way and working with Rennie / Stan on a diffuser and front wing, next year should be even more fun. An additional surprise or 2 as well.
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Liked: 19

Quote Originally Posted by John Caldwell View Post

I'll buy you a drink next time.

John (Bobby's Dad)
    John ~ it was nice to meet you. I guess, now you know who I am.....
    To show you what a great guy I am - I've had Bill at GTP mail you a Fast Matt Squishy toy, a $5.99 value (not autographed). That drink would be appreciated...

Spalding (Cole) ruined my interview with Bobby..... What can you do...... Now that I think about it - Spalding ruined like 4 interviews...... The kid is a camera hog.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

Matt,
    You and Spalding need an intervention.

[quote=LAJ;267618]
    ALSO RUNNING A PINTO was Vaughn Horvath turning in a very impressive time (starting from the back and catching Greg at one point)of 1.26:760!!!
    in a 97 Van Diemen.

Lee

Thanks for the comment. Vaughn smashed his front wing by running into our good friend Denny Sideri on Saturday (Denny didn't race on Sunday because he lost a flywheel, not because of the contact).
    I had to drive home, about two hours each way, to get the replacement parts. It was late when I returned to the track.
    Dave Livengood had straightened the wing bar and put it right where we needed it. I started early but we couldn't make Group 1 Qual. The nosebox had to be assembled. The wings and flaps set. The toe bars went on, to readjust a bent steering track rod. So Vaughn started from the back.
    And thanks to Berget Tires. The used Avons worked well.
    Also thanks to Mike Rand for allowing Vaughn and me to jump on board the F2000 train. It's all about, to quote Mike, "never, never, never give up", and that applies to the paddock as well as the track.
    We'll stay on the bias plys for a while. Good luck to you all.
    Last edited by Peter Horvath; 09.11.10 at 7:40 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information