Liked: 30

Default Big Weekend for F1000 at Miller coming up!

Looks like we will have at least 7 F1000 cars this weekend at Miller Motorsports Park's East track. Six are preregistered and one more will soon (Randy, get on it dude). This should help the entry count averages.

Looks like this for now:

LaBrie,John
    Phoenix

Werner, Russ
    Phoenix

Waterman, Chris Speads

Hickman, Gary
    Edge

Osborne, J.R.
    Stohr

Palmer, Dave
    Stohr

Mitchell, Randy
    Novak

East track is very safe, smooth and not super-fast. Anyone else want to come and play? You'll be spoiled by the facilities.

Liked: 706

That's fantastic! Even if there are no F1000 entries for the remainder of the races, 14 entries over 2 races at Miller will put us at exactly 2.5 entries per national. That's good!

Our next challenge is getting 10 entries at the Runoffs for it to be considered a National Championship race. We're at nine and still waiting patiently for Coop to mail in his entry. Gary Hickman will make it 11.

Good luck to everyone at Miller!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Anybody racing High Plains National in Sept? I'm considering it.

Russ

[FONT=Verdana]FB's looking for garage space at miller, here is your contact info. Regular garages are $75/day. I'm in East #6. Nice if we could garage together though it's probably too late for that.

Russ

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana][FONT=&quot]Kelly Warrick[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=&quot]Competition Manager[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=&quot]Miller Motorsports Park[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=&quot]2901 North Sheep Lane, Tooele, Utah 84074[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=&quot]Phone: 1-435-277-8027[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=&quot]Fax: 1-435-277-8008[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=&quot]kwarrick@millermotorsportspark.com[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

Liked: 80

Russ -

Chris Waterman should be there, as they're local, and usually make all the HPR events. I know there will be a couple of DSR's there to run with as well - me and two others.

Pretty easy tow to HPR from Salt Lake area, come join in the fun!

-J

Quote Originally Posted by drdestructo View Post
    Anybody racing High Plains National in Sept? I'm considering it.

Russ

Liked: 0

Russ,

Chris and I can't make the HPR Labor Day weekend race, unfortunately. My niece is getting married. (I know. Excuses, excuses...). Richard Cottrill is planning on attending though, so there will be an F1000 there.

Too bad, it would be great to race you at HPR. I think you'll like the track. If you decide to go, we gear about 3.0:1 (running Hoosiers).

Stu
    Stu Waterman
    RMDIV
    twitter.com/stuwaterman

Turns out my crew has a conflict also, so I won't be making it. I'm starting my winter rebuild early so as to be ready for Phoenix in January.

Hope we have another West Coast "pro" series in 2011

Russ

Contributing Member Nicholas Belling's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Default we will a West coast pro series again.. and things only get better.,

I have been hearing about some of the sponsors.. That are finally recognizing this as a real class where they want to be involved with.. sanctioning bodies are emailing the series wanting us to come. Feedback from all drivers who ran with the series will be directly involved as well as the involved manufacturers in helping aid a formula to success which is on its way already.

The F1000 class is the real deal.. No question.. Its just a fragile baby in a incubator that needs to be handled right !!

Russ you are going to be one tuff dude to beat next year.. Looks like terry be joining us with his firman as well for a while.

Nicholas.
    Nicholas Belling
    email@nicholasbelling.com
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Nick,

You should start a new thread about next year. I think I can get Utah region to support us at their event (Aug). 2011 race is on the West track, far more suited to our cars.

Russ

Liked: 0

To our West Coast F1000 drivers:

We are currently working on plans for the series for 2011. We are definitely coming back next year with a plan to make the series much stronger and better positioned than we were this year. We have quite a few plans in the works for next year to help improve the series over this year.

Running the series has been a rather steep learning curve for us so we can only hope that the drivers can have some understanding and forgiveness for any of the shortcomings that might have occurred this year. There were some cases where events were a little out of our control and we had to make the best of what we had. However, our goal is to make sure that those issues don't happen again and the series becomes a much better experience for everyone.

We now have a full time series adminstrator. While he hasn't been able attend all of the events this year he will be at all the races next year. He also will be responsible for media and press for the series. Some of you might have read his report on Apexspeed about the Thunderhill event or some of the race reports on the series website. Next year he'll try and devote more time to making those race reports really sing. Also next year we have plans are to increase our press coverage to other outlets and also do driver bios on the website.

There are also plans to give the series website a makeover and to increase media content on it as well. If any of you have photos and/or video you would like to get posted on the website please contact the series at info@f1000proseries.com and let us know. We would love to put in on the site.

Amougst the things we are working on for 2011:

There will definitely be a full-time sponsor for the series next year. Hopefully, this might result in cash awards at some of the events in addition to the contingencies we are already awarding.

New venues. We are looking to expand the list of venues where we will be competing.

Improved press coverage. We want to get the word out about the series to more places.

Increased participation. We know there will be more entries next year.

These are just some of the things we are currently working on for the 2011 season.

We hope that all of you that came out to the series this year had an enjoyable time and we look forward to seeing all of you next year when the series in back even better and stronger.

Sincerely,

Thomas Copeland
    Series Adminstrator
    F1000 Pro Series

Thread Information