Contributing Member Mike Scanlan's Avatar
    Liked: 94

Default BeaveRun National FF Video

The POV camera finally worked in a race. You Tube link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uh5YBj7IiA

ApexSpeed Photographer Dennis Valet's Avatar
    Liked: 60

It really is nice to see your car running well Mike, seems like some good racing between the three of you. You were really killing that watertower turn, especially on the second to last lap when you passed Forrest. Thanks for posting the video

Liked: 11

Default Nice!

Heck of a drive there Mike! You sure you're not packing a weedwacker motor back there? Thats what the motor sounded like on that shift!! yipes! (I've done that too but resulted in a bent valve, d'oh)

Looks like the car was pretty close handling wise huh? Great to see all you guys dicing out there, making me jealous!

You have a spotter while you're out there? STAY HIGH STAY HIGH! seriously, great awareness and decision making there man! Was messy in the beginning there with the spins and passing.

Never been to Beaver Run, but hot damn is that place bumpy! Kudos to anyone who keeps the car on track.

Great vid and see you in september!

- Bill Valet

P.S. Best thing about Mikes videos? check out the suggestions bar to the right while watching his video in youtube
    NeDiv Swift DB-6 #83

Liked: 6

Thanks for posting Mike, the video came out great. You were really quick in the hairpin; I don't think my driver really figured it out until the last few laps. Wish you also had a rear facing camera, especially with all the position swaps and challenges that occurred during the first 15 laps.
    Actually what I really wish is that we had a working camera. Our success with electronics is slow: I think we finally have functioning radios, and someday we'll actually download Pi data. Cameras are beyond our support capacity for '10 I'm afraid.
    Anyhow, speaking for Forrest, Great racing with you!

PS: I'd never been to BR either (besides the kart track) And I never got to do a track walk. But yes it seems amazingly bumpy, and dirty. Everyone complained that the only clean track was the line. It's not a bad spectator track since there is good viewing of the curvy section from a hill, and even from the hot pits you can watch cars twice a lap. It's a very compact layout.

PPS: Matthew DiRenzo was flying in S2000, broke his old track record by half a second and came in P2 overall amongst the Atlantics

Contributing Member Mike Scanlan's Avatar
    Liked: 94

Default BeaveRun

Yes, the track is bumpy and builds up lots of marbles off line (the track is very abrasive on tires) as evidenced when I got into them on lap 2 going down the hill. It was too bad I didn't have a rear view camera (like the #83 has) for this race because what the video doesn't show is that Forrest and Russ took turns for the first 11 laps filling my mirrors, in some cases 1 in each mirror, until Russ pulled off that outside pass thru the kink. I made him work for it into the hairpin, figuring he'd have to give it up, but as the video shows he made it work with some great car control. Brandon's right the track is a good viewing track and Tommy did a good job talking me thru some of the messy stuff. From high on the ft straight you can see quite a bit of the of the ft and back straights and the downhill. As for the overrev, it was 7700 and all is well with the motor. I've spoken to other Fit owners who have run over 8000 with no damage, ill advised as it might be.

Liked: 6

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Scanlan View Post
    As for the overrev, it was 7700 and all is well with the motor. I've spoken to other Fit owners who have run over 8000 with no damage, ill advised as it might be.
    Looking forward to that benefit!
    Last edited by Brandon Hull; 08.23.10 at 2:10 PM.

Thread Information