Thread: Kasemets wins

Liked: 0

Default Kasemets wins

I saw Tonis Kasemets win the USF2K event in Joliet today on HDNet TV. I was surprised to see him in the show.What's up? To bad the russian kid ruined everybodies race upfront.

Liked: 3787

Tonis... Like showing up at a knife fight with a 9mm. I'm sure it was well worth it, for the kids got taken to school, and the smart ones learned something from it.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

What is a real shame is that some well funded top level pro team does not pick
    Tonis up.

Money talks and talent walks.

Liked: 313

I knew Tonis when he was "fresh off the plane", so to speak. I still tell people how Tonis showed me what pro level talent is all about. That guy can drive. There are several IRL teams that could go much, much faster with Tonis in the seat. Always want to see him do good.

I only got to watch part of it but what in the heck happened to Smart? I never did figure it out but it seemed like he may have been unconscious?
    Also, some said Tonis made a dive-bomb of a move. Seems he just went to a lane that was open. HDNet did a great job.
    Matthew Inge
    http://www.MatthewIngeRacing.com
    Never Forget VT 4-16-2007

Liked: 9

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Inge View Post
    I only got to watch part of it but what in the heck happened to Smart? I never did figure it out but it seemed like he may have been unconscious?
    Also, some said Tonis made a dive-bomb of a move. Seems he just went to a lane that was open. HDNet did a great job.

I was pretty disappointed that the announcers didn't say anything about Smart. I did see him milling around victory lane on the Sunday coverage though so I assume he is ok.

It was funny to hear Rick Benjamin call the move a dive-bomb and then Johnny O. correct him immediately.
    Currently Without Car

Was not a dive-bomb from what I could see. It was a lesson that the 15 year old learned from and he didn't make the mistake on Sunday. I read that he actually thanked Tonis for the lesson.

I still can't get over the Gorkberg guy. He must be addressed.

Thread Information