Liked: 0

Default Calling all Formula Cars - Come to Lightning

FRCCA at NJMP Lightning Sat. July 31, Sun. Aug 1.
    All racing licenses welcome, bring out your car and run a weekend with some of the best racing on the East Coast. Rookie to F1 experience levels will equally enjoy this club and its racers.
    Check web link for schedule and contact information, If you run any type of Formula Car - BE THERE!

Liked: 212

hi john

so is the entry fee for this event really $525?!?!

i thought rcca was more concerned about budget racing? this is about double the cost of a national race, and more then half of what an F2k pro weekend cost, which on average gets about 4.5 hours of track time at very big events with 30+ cars.

i would have liked to come on down and play as this is pretty close to me, but seems like not too many FC cars will be running and those that are only doing one day? i'll prolly come down, check out the fields and help if needed.

Liked: 22

Default What are they smoking?

John
    Certainly the FRCCA is commited to low cost with rules like our spec tire, etc which is the real cost of a National event (assuming you want to be competitive). And the run what you brung attitude puts everyone on the track for more seat time. It would be nice if we had a rich benefactor to underwrite excessive track
    time cost but apparently not. Thanks John H. for putting it together so we can race at the well heeled track. I appreciate it and will be there!

Hope to see you these Len. Summit was too far a tow for you so we organized one in the Garden State!
    Last edited by Rondo; 07.22.10 at 6:51 AM. Reason: Update info

Liked: 5

Default Finally

Finally able to race... and at a new track... Some times the TRACK is to blame for the cost of events... More people come to race, then the fees might decrease...

Come on out guys.... the cars dont play well in the garage.
    Dani

#24 1977 Lola T440
    New York
    FRCCA Metro Region

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy ****...what a ride!"

Its not the speed, its the sudden stop....

Liked: 4

Default Rondo

Rondo, THANK YOU.
    Hope you all have a Great Time.
    Dani, Welcome Back. Don't think to/too/two much. It's a straight forward track that comes to a observant Driver.
    Len: I've got no toys left or i'd be there.
    Last edited by FWSchroeder; 07.24.10 at 8:11 PM.
    F.W. Schroeder, 6th

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 15

As a member of the FRCCA on the yearly budget plan
    the race at NJ Motorsports park is basically free!!!!
    it pays to be a member

FRCCA (payment plan) RULES!
    I laugh when someone tells me about good deals for other sanctioning bodies. Oh, they get a 2nd rate Sat meal, who cares! ... and they may pay less for a weekend social event and get on track 4 times total, or they have to buy a $80+K car to run a pro-series. IF you can't place in the top 3 at runoffs you have a hobby, run with the FRCCA and get so much more for every dollar!

Hi Len,
    . So you say with the Pro series you get 4.5 hours for a weekend for almost 2x the money. Well with this you are getting about 3 hours per class per weekend for just about half of the cost of the pro race. Hmmm. So lets just say it is about $1100 to run one of the Pro Series out there. That is about $244/hour. Now this weekend, with us, it is $175/hour and close to home. At Summit it is only $133/hour or less as our time is sometimes even greater there. As AARON's stores say you do the math.
    Now before you complain to the various Pro series out there too, their operating costs are slightly higher than mine.
    Now one last thing - I own the FRCCA and hold a day job. It is not a normal club in the term of club. I own this because I want to be able to provide a friendly, competitive atmosphere for the everyday open wheel racer to come and enjoy at the lowest cost possible. It is not my personal goal to make a profit at another's expense. While our atmosphere is friendly the racers in our club are all very competitive but still have regular jobs that they must go to during the week to support their family just like I do. You posting things like this is like me going out and taking an ad saying that whatever your business is; it is over priced. I have no idea what your business is but I don't think you would like me doing that. Would you?
    You're always welcome home,
    John
    JH

Default Well Said

John, Thanks For All You [A.J.] and Your Family Do.

"too bumpy, too tight, too far, too expensive"

I don't show in results because I've got no toys left.
    Last edited by FWSchroeder; 07.24.10 at 8:27 PM.
    F.W. Schroeder, 6th

Liked: 5

Default complaint department

John, you have no need to apologize or explain how you run the club or what you do to make racing available to the members.

The complaint needs to go to the facilities who keep raising prices and make it impossible for the little club to rent the tracks.

I have been involved in racing in many clubs, for many years as crew and a driver and have found our group the most welcoming, helpful, and fun of all of them. We leave politics at the door... and we all try to get all the cars on the track all the time.

I hope that everyone with a racecar brings their cars out to play for whatever reason drives you to own your toy. Its an expensive "hobby"... the economy sucks... these are facts.

Get over it, and make some time to come out and play.

Dani #24
    Dani

#24 1977 Lola T440
    New York
    FRCCA Metro Region

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy ****...what a ride!"

Its not the speed, its the sudden stop....

Liked: 212

im sorry i commented at all, i didn't mean to start this debate over one clubs value over another. every series has their audiance and all cater to a different type of racer. i do enjoy what the f2k pro series offers, i also like what the club races offer, and that to me is a cheap entry. i would use old tires for an event like this, as there may be some winged cars, they are not curent cars capable of the same lap time my car can run, but have no problem anti"n up for a new set when 35 or so cars just like mine are on grid.. we all see value differently. let's just all play nice together.

john you correct, i am sorry, i shouldn't have said that. yes i also have to work to afford this hobby, their are no rich benefactors in my camp either. i run on a very tight budget even by club racing standards, forget about when i show up at an f2k event...

fred, if you want to rent my toy i think i've known you long enough to feel comfortable with that, gimme a call if you want to take p1 in the wing class

i look forward to seeing you all this weekend, i will be there as crew for chris aka monte & mr lw himself.. lol

Default Len, Thanks

Len, Thanks for your most recent post.
    You do come out of the box strong and appear to be negative about "FRCCA" and Club Racers [where we all started] in your posts.
    I at the same time will come out strong in defense.
    Thanks for your clarification.
    You are indeed a Good Friend and Quality Competitor.
    Thanks for your offer, if i could afford to rent one of yours i could afford to buy a FF .

Hope everybody who owns a Formula Car makes this event.
    F.W. Schroeder, 6th

Thread Information