Thread: FC at NJMP

Liked: 17

Default FC at NJMP

Can all of you FC guys chime in and let me know who is going to NJMP?
    I would like to get an idea of how many cars will be there to run against. If you are FM, FB or any other winged car, let us know also, please.

CM

Contributing Member blackbmwk1200r's Avatar
    Liked: 9

Ryan Smith (85 Reynard FC) will be there with FRCCA.

Liked: 0

I will most likly be there in a F1000

Ok, Thats 3 winged cars so far. Wait...... I forgot that Lindsey Wolfer was coming for Saturday. Oh, wait...... Doug McKechnie is coming too. Sorry. Thats 5 winged cars so far. There were 68 views of this thread and we have 5 winged cars. I hope many have just not read this thread. Hope more guys can make it. And girls....... (saw the other thread).

Hi Monte,
    Longtime since we talked. I know of at least 3 or 4 others coming. We have the wings and faster FFs in one class. Basically everyone will be 2 practice sessions to gether totaling 40 to 50 minutes then the wings and the faster FF will get a 10 min qualifing session and the slower FF FV Rookies etc have a seperate 10 Minute session.
    Then the Wings and faster FF classes will get a 20 lap or 30 minute (whichever comes first) race then the slower FF classes will get the same then the FV and Rookies will get the same race too. The same timed sessions occur on both days. So total time is about 3 hours per class.
    Thanks,
    John
    JH

Liked: 4

Chris (Aka Monte) -

I could not put together a deal to rent an FC that I could afford, but I will be visting family in area, so, I'll probably be down there. I want to chec out your new ride. If you don't mind, I'd like to try it on for size. I'm looking for a car for next season, making a list of cars I fit in. Please let me know if you want me to bring the radios down. It's a shame for them to be sitting in storage.
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

Liked: 3787

I'm hanging loose at NJMP selling F2KCS to the WSK karters. Decided to drive over to Lightning and see what FRCCA was doing.

Something like 35 formula cars in attendence. Impressive, especially compared to the double regional at Road Atlanta a few weeks ago.

Pat Egan's Zetec looks like a show car. Ivan Seabrooks first outing in a DB-3. 3 Fbs in the field; 2 Sthors and a PM Honda.

A lot of these huys are regulars on Apexspeed, but don't get coverage because we are usually hanging out with SCCA.

Ok so i like FC cars.... When have you seen 9 FCs at a SCCA race that wasn't the Sprints?

#71 looks like a DB3 to me, entry says PRS.
    Last edited by Purple Frog; 08.21.10 at 11:08 PM.

Default F PA

So I can't even keep up with SCCA classes... but these guys have a formula class just for Pennsylvania. F/PA

A gaggle of 1600 classes...

Can't leave out the Vees, and Brabrams...

Last edited by Purple Frog; 09.02.10 at 11:42 PM.

Liked: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    Ivan Seabrooks first outing in a DB-3.

Mike - I have the white Stohr....but that was a great field of cars today....
    Last edited by Ivinsea; 07.31.10 at 9:53 PM.

OK. I apologize. Sue gave me a print out of car numbers and drivers. Guess what? There were two different car 71s on the track, as were there two 29s, two 25s, two 24s, and two 11s.

Not easy for a novice to follow.

Unfortunately Ivansea was able to get back on the track in the session i shot.

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

nice job mike. good to give those guys a little publicity. sometimes i forget how many cars i've owned.....3.5 are in the set you shot. the prs still looks awesome.

Liked: 8

Default FC at NJMP

Hi Mike:
    I wasn't sure at first if it was you that drove past our trailer on Sat.
    I saw this little honda with big purple frogs on the side windows and Florida plates.
    By the time I started to make my way over to the car you were gone.
    I remember you and your wife from the 40th last year.
    Thanks for the picture.
    Regards,

Greg Kokolus
    NCF #30
    Last edited by PRS56; 08.01.10 at 10:32 PM. Reason: misspelling

Greg,

Shhhh... i was supposed to be over at the kart track selling the Series.

The sound of 4 cycle engines lured me away from the karts. I shot 400 frames in one of your sessions, not realizing how much time it would take to find and downsize 25 to post. It wasn't until i was cropping your pix that I noticed that great FF40th decal on the engine cover. So i used a side shot instead of a head on.

My excuse for being over at Lightning was to evaluate it as to whether it would be a good track for the Series.

I would have liked to hang out more. Duty called.

The decals have been on the Honda so long, i don't think about them. It does make it hard to be anonomous.

Liked: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    OK. I apologize. Sue gave me a print out of car numbers and drivers. Guess what? There were two different car 71s on the track, as were there two 29s, two 25s, two 24s, and two 11s.

Not easy for a novice to follow.

Unfortunately Ivansea was able to get back on the track in the session i shot.

Also. there were different drivers in same car in differant sessions. Armie Levine, was gracious enough to lend me his #77 Lola for Pratice 1 on Sunday. Felt good to be back in a car again. I beleve you had at least one father son team sharing time in a car. It's liek formula one, you got to memorize the helmet colors.

Also running this weekend was the New Philly MotorSports FB, super fast is an understatement.

Good turn out, good weather, good track...
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

I am so mad I missed this event but in the mad scramble to get my car done on limited time (painted this weeekend) I just couldn't pull it off. Looked like an awesome time and next time there will be another FC there!
    Better to have raced for a day...
    than been a spectator for life!

Default FRCCA - A Great Weekend for Formula Cars

Thank you John and Sue for an absolutely great weekend at NJMP. No politics, friendly and helpful competitors, a boatload of racing excitement with a nice turnout and great driving, the chance to watch a very fast new FB car in development testing, perfect weather, etc. You can't ask for a whole lot more.

We are very happy to have chosen the FRCCA and to have believed in John's vision when we were making that decision. With the expectation of ever increasing participation in this organization we will be upgrading our car in the near future and look forward to many more perfect weekends of racing with the FRCCA.

Sid Smith

Just wanted to say that it was a very nice weekend at the track. We all got lucky with a great weekend of weather also. I had a great time chasing Jonathan in the FB! It was my first time in this 98 Van Diemen and think it ran very well. We have some tweaking to do to get the car set up to go faster and get some new tires. At first, I was only going to be there on Saturday due to the expense of the entry. I stayed because I needed the track time in the new car and....well....I needed the track time for me. Have'nt been driving very long. All racers were a nice group of guys and I wish all those who raced Saturday stayed for Sunday.

Thanks to John and Sue for their hard work. Outside of the strange flagging incident, It was a great weekend. I just have to note that the flag stand gave Jonathan and I the green flag. As we came around the left hander just after the bridge, we saw the whole group in double file going very slow around the lightbulb turn. There were other yellow flags also. All different. I think a little mis communication. Also a yellow flag in turn 1 where what seemed to be an upper element of a wing in the middle of the turn was not met with a yellow/red stripe flag for debree. And the last, no white flag for slow moving vehicle when the trucks were on the track. I did not see any at least. They still have that flag, right?
    But, no harm no foul. Thanks again!

CM

Oh, Yeah. Thanks to the Frog for the great picturs. Nice to see you.

John & Sue do a great job putting on a race weekend for everybody to come out and play. No matter what your car is, its very economical with the amount of track time you get, great tracks, and great group of people as well.

I was there with Philly Motorsports doing testing and development in there new F1000 car. We made alot of progess and learned a tun about the car as well and we shattered the SCCA track record lap at this track by 2.5 seconds! And that lap was not a perfect lap either.

Sal has truly built a terrific car. Its very fast, EXTREMLY reliable, and does not have any of these motor problems this class is known for. This car is a great bang for the $ and I highly recomend it. I have been fortunate in my short career so far to drive many different race cars (FA, IMSA Lites, F2000, F1000, World Challenge GT etc.) And this car is probably my favorite so far and I am not just saying that. It is a terrific car with great power, no weight, and incredible breaking abilities.

Here is the lap http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSQTBDJCt7E

Enjoy!

~JS

Liked: 22

Monte,
    I talked with Mark Clancy responsible for flagging after the race and he rattled off each of the items you listed without prompting. There were some "issues" which led to you 2 guys getting the green followed by the yellow and the vehicles on track situation, as well as debris flag at start finish but not up in turn 1. While as you say no damage was done I was curious for Mark's view and he was on top of it.

It was great to see all those formula cars on Saturday and a pretty busy race for all. Sorry some went home and di not stay for Sunday. Kudos to the guys in the FB as the continentals I can see coming up on my FF and make sure all OK but the FB are so fast they just "appear"!
    Last edited by Rondo; 08.04.10 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Added more info

Rondo,

After reading your post, I realized I should go back to school. I spelled debris "debree". Don't know if I just hit wrong keys or am still tired from weekend. Thanks for letting me know that they knew what was up with the flags.

CM

THANK YOU!
    The COMPETITORS make a great weekend!!! We only provide the outlet as best we can, you again the competitors are OUR CUSTOMERS and it is up to us to try and give you what you want. You may or may not believe this but we ran this event with only basically 4 people (not counting the corner workers) I was short at least 2 people. Besides myself I had Mark Clancey as our chief flagger, John Smyles for tech and grid, my wife Sue for Registration and timing and scoring. We had off and on club people help with scoring oh yea thanks to a couple of drivers, a new member, and a chief mechanic for putting a master cylinder on my motorhome during Sunday's (Thank you Sal at Philadelphia Motorsports for getting it from your shop for me). The master went out in Center City Philly so it was a "fun" ride using the EB and automatic gear box in traffic Friday night. Another special thank you to another Sue (from Bill Carroll Racing) for helping with my Sue when she had a diabetic issue on Saturday night.
    A big special thanks to "Purple Frog" for the photos.
    I know it seemed expensive but it is hard setting prices when car counts are unknown and track expenses so high. We will try and rectify this for the 2011 season.

Thank you all for a good, safe racing weekend!
    John Heckman
    JH

I wanted to thank everyone who helped me this weekend, even some of you who don't know it! John and Sue great job! Andy G., Ron B., Bill P., Kirk, Rich (both), Sam R. and Andrew S. You all taught me a ton this weekend. Moving into FF has been a bigger step than I thought it would be and everyone has been a great help. From my friend Sue who was in charge of food to team Donahue THANKS! I know I still have a long way to go and am glad i chose this club to help me get there (wherever that might be). I know I have missed several people here so let it be know that I am grateful to everyone who came out, the club members from Staff, helpers, drivers have always made racing with the FRCCA the best. I look forward to the remainder of this year learning more about this level of racing and next year too.
    For those of you who didn't or couldn't make it you missed a grew weekend, as all of them have been!
    Thanks,
    Bill Carroll

Default FC's @ NJMSP

I dont know if this is a 2011 or 2010 thread, But I going to be running a Van Diemen RF94 at NJMP the last weekend of July.

Who elese can confirm they will be racing.

Liked: 13

Default FC at NJMP

Team Lotus, The FRCCA has 13 drivers in the FC division and you are WELCOMED. We are a racing club for the formula car driver, all formula cars and only formula cars. In FC join; Ian, Jason, Christian, Peter, Nick, Gregg, Sid, John, Stephen, Terry, Bill, Greg and Vinnie; NO politics just competitive, safe racing.

As of now I am planning on being there with my RF94.

Default FB

My brother and I will be there in Stohr F1000's.

Ryan Smith will be there in 01 Mygale FC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinsea View Post
    My brother and I will be there in Stohr F1000's.
    Never saw a Stohr up close. Will be cool to see one.

Quote Originally Posted by tjcezar View Post
    Never saw a Stohr up close. Will be cool to see one.
    I think you will be impressed.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/samfein...n/photostream/

Which track are you guys running Lightning or Thunderbolt?

I may be there with a friend in FF doing some coaching and if anybody else is interested can be working with anybody else as well I am pretty cheap as is and if I have more then 1 person then cost stays the same just gets divided equally by the amount of people I am working with.

I have the Lightning FB/F1000 track record and supply in-car cameras, previous footage, data, track notes and corner spotting etc to help.

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

hi jonathan. i talked to buddy today and he said lightning. i'm going to try to make it out there with my piper if i can find someone to cover me at work

Thread Information