Thread: F600 uk 2001

Liked: 0

Default F600 uk 2001

I thought you F600 chaps might be interested in this short clip -
    http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/show...905#post261905

Thanks for the link!!! I have been looking at these cars for almost 10 years now....
    It amazes me that it has taken this long for us Americans to come up with a motorcycle power Formula car. And now with the F500/600 proposal, finally a affordable unit.

CR

Liked: 5

Quote Originally Posted by ny_racer_xxx View Post
    Thanks for the link!!! I have been looking at these cars for almost 10 years now....
    It amazes me that it has taken this long for us Americans to come up with a motorcycle power Formula car. And now with the F500/600 proposal, finally a affordable unit.

CR
    You might remember that the tipping point a couple of years ago was when Jay Novak posted that a complete GSXR was actually cheaper than a bare Rotax. We are a budget class and that got everyone's attention. It has been going like gangbusters ever since.

I am starting a F600 race car rental & track side service so come on and try one!

Jim

Liked: 65

Quote Originally Posted by jim murphy View Post
    I am starting a F600 race car rental & track side service so come on and try one!

Jim
    Does that include autocross? You know you want comparable data points and you will be driving your FM F500

Liked: 5

Quote Originally Posted by TedV View Post
    Does that include autocross? You know you want comparable data points and you will be driving your FM F500
    If the site is smooth (like SGMP) and there are no schedule conflicts I might consider it.
    I say smooth because the car will stay in its RR configuration with short tires and a bumpy site will damage the car.

Jim

Liked: 65

Jim, you do know I can change F500 tires... have one of the old FMC tire machines and the 10" tire plate (used as welding table now) in my garage. All I'd need would be some rims and figure out what tires. Unless the body work is made for the 18" and not 19.5" tires. Or run across town to the Hoosier warehouse. Hmm, sorta looks like I wanna get back in a formula car. Might be why I can't bring myself to sell the RP31.

Yup, I can run a topic off topic purty quick.

Liked: 8

Default inre;video

Those are JEDI cars with honda power there were a few racing at Waterford Hills with bigger engines. They are like a 60's 70's formula ford only smaller , lot of Mini components hubs axles bearings etc, very light 750. lbs. I believe now they have 1000 cc power, it is basically a fixed (spec) class.
    Dave Craddock

Yup that's right. This was the last year of the 600 cars before we went to 1000's. The smaller cars were quick, but the 1000's were something else. I remember at Mallory Park turning into the first corner at 118mph in the 600, then in the 1000 I saw 127 mph on my dash at the start finish line half way down the straight! I loved the cars but looking back you wouldn't want to crash one. They make the current F1000 cars look like carbon tubbed FIA safety cell! My 600 car had an ex Damon Hill seat which fit the car (and my butt) live a glove! I had a Frentzen seat as well but he had the backside of 10 year old!

Thread Information