Thread: WTB New Vortech

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Default WTB New Vortech

Let me know if you know of anyone looking to sell a top quality Vortech. I have seen the one in the classifieds, looking to see if any others are available.

Liked: 310

If you want a brand new one, Chris and Brian Jennerjahn have the rights to build new Vortechs. You can probably contact them through their business at http://www.jennerjahn.com

Liked: 190

Got to assume this is the one you're referencing?

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38612

That's about the only used "Top Quality" Votech you will find.

Nuby's car has ran at the pointy end of the Runoffs since it was new in '05. If your putting a serious FV program together, this car at $20k is a steal. A new one would cost close to double that to get the same "Top Quality" level of car. I could be wrong, but I think Nuby has reconsidered and it is no longer available.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Nuby's is the one I was talking about. He is unsure if he wants to sell now. Looking for something sooner then later so I may have to go a different route.

Liked: 7

Default 40K???

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bonow View Post
    Got to assume this is the one you're referencing?

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38612

That's about the only used "Top Quality" Votech you will find.

Nuby's car has ran at the pointy end of the Runoffs since it was new in '05. If your putting a serious FV program together, this car at $20k is a steal. A new one would cost close to double that to get the same "Top Quality" level of car. I could be wrong, but I think Nuby has reconsidered and it is no longer available.

Hey Bill

You can have mine for 40K. Send me your address and I'll have it to you by Sunday.

SteveO

Steve,

Just trying to point out that if one was looking for a "Top Quality" Vortech, Nuby's car at $20k would have been a great buy. Let me put it this way, I'm doubtful you'd offer your Vortech for $20K.

I think your Vortech would be worth every penny of $40k if one was looking to put together a serious program focused on winning the Runoffs. I understand what it takes to get to the front at the Runoffs. However, I'm personally no longer interested in the Runoffs. So I will thank you for the offer, but I'll be sticking with my FST program.
    Bill Bonow

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

Is a Vortech kit really that much more than any other new Vees that are available (whatever those may be)? Seems like once you have the kit, the cost to build any Vee is about the same, depending on what options and trick parts you want.
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 290

At 1.5-2 sec off the pace at Road America, it would seem that a Vortech is not the hot number.

What is the point of buying or building another second place car?

Brian

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

Quote Originally Posted by Hardingfv32 View Post
    What is the point of buying or building another second place car?

Brian
    Call the Varacins. Maybe they will build you an AM-5... but I'm pretty sure it's not just the car.
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

so what is the best of the best that is actually available?

I agree it has to be more then just the car as the difference.

Still looking for a top notch Vortech if any of you interested in selling.

Liked: 49

Really, how much difference can it really make? I'm sure there are a few top level cars that in the right hands, would be very competitive. The "right hands" being the key, I believe. I've been told before, and it makes sense to me, that the brand dominance we see at the Runoffs is merely a case of the "herd" (I don't mean this in a bad way) following the leader. Top level drivers, with top level budgets will tend to buy whatever has won the runoffs in the last few years - Protoforms at some point, now seems like Vortechs are in fashion If the Varacins were to start selling their car, I'm sure there would be 10 of then at the Runoffs next year.. And I'm not sure the results would be much different!

Contact Mike Varacins (SpeedSportEngineering)

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/member.php?u=2304

The AM-5 has been available for purchase for a while.
    Bill Bonow

Liked: 72

I think the Runoff track has a strong influence on the chassis of choice. RA, being a dyno track, will require a very slippery car. We'll see who brings the HP this year. Heartland required a car that would rotate very well and hold on to the fast corners, much like Mid Ohio. 2 more years at RA and then we'll see. Guys like SteveO, and Michael are good everywhere.

If I were to be buying, there's plenty of Protoforms, which are very similar to the Vortechs, available and at very good prices. Spend the money saved for track time or HP.
    The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views and opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR. thanks, Brian McCarthy, BOD area 9.

Liked: 391

I just saw this thread and see that my name was mentioned a few times.

The AM-5 has been available for purchase for a while.
    To be clear, we started building a few of them, but we haven't been advertising they are available. We would / will finish making them if / when enough people step up to buy one. So I wouldn't expect to see 10 of them at the runoffs anytime soon.

It's the small things that make the big difference in FV. There are a lot of chassis' out there that with the proper effort, can be made to win.

Thread Information