Liked: 208

Default Formula B Sources

Interested in learning more about the Formula B group of race cars. Just saw a nice group at Mid Ohio and perhaps it plays into our racing future.

Does anyone know where I can get more information on the cars, engines and such? Looking for web sites and people involved in this group that I can approach to learn more.

BTW, I have been racing FF for about seven years.

Thanks for your help.

Ralph

Liked: 29

Default FB

Ralph:

OldRacingcars.com

is Allen Browns site ...that will get you started.

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Z. View Post
    Interested in learning more about the Formula B group of race cars. Just saw a nice group at Mid Ohio and perhaps it plays into our racing future.

Does anyone know where I can get more information on the cars, engines and such? Looking for web sites and people involved in this group that I can approach to learn more.

BTW, I have been racing FF for about seven years.

Thanks for your help.

Ralph
    These guys are real knowledgeable and in your area. I have been racing my Brabham BT21C for about 5 years and if you have a good group it is a lot of fun. Will be at Road America for the KIC in July, check out that race if you want to see more in action. I will be selling mine after the season to move on to other opportunities in life though.

http://www.monoposto.com/

Liked: 84

the FB forum section of this website, formula1000.com

Default Area?

Quote Originally Posted by AZSpider View Post
    These guys are real knowledgeable and in your area. I have been racing my Brabham BT21C for about 5 years and if you have a good group it is a lot of fun. Will be at Road America for the KIC in July, check out that race if you want to see more in action. I will be selling mine after the season to move on to other opportunities in life though.

You mention guys in my area but I'm not sure which guys you are referring to.

Liked: 11

I am considering putting a George Dean Suzuki in a Brahbam BT29, a REAL FB car! Would that be wrong?

I guess that would be considered a resto-mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy O'Brien View Post
    I am considering putting a George Dean Suzuki in a Brahbam BT29, a REAL FB car! Would that be wrong?
    Yikes, that would be seriously wrong IMHO!

The BT29 is the most competitive FB in vintage racing and deserves to be properly restored in my opinion. Sell it to me and I will put it back in shape with a correct twin cam!

Nick

You mention guys in my area but I'm not sure which guys you are referring to.
    The board members ar east to midwest based. I say your area because I am on the west coast!

Default End of season

Quote Originally Posted by AZSpider View Post

If you are selling at the end of the season, perhaps we should talk at that time. I'll be in California the first week of August.

Ralph

If you are selling at the end of the season, perhaps we should talk at that time. I'll be in California the first week of August.

Ralph
    Are you not going to out your BT29 on track?

My car is at Road America and I am not sure if the transporter will have it back here by then but lets stay in touch. I have another race in September before I sell it though.

Nick

Nick:

No rush. Let's stay in touch.

Ralph

Nick:

No rush. Let's stay in touch.

Ralph
    I am still trying to decide what to do with my car. I may list it soon if interested. I won the race at Coronado in September and have not touced it since.

Nick

Default Red, crimson or scarlett Brabham BT21C circa 1969

Hi,

I have owned and raced a Brabham BT21C here in Sydney for the last few years. A fabulous car, competative and at the sharper end of our Groups M & O (1960s) racing cars fields.

In my ownership I have tried very hard to get its earlier than late 70s history, but keep coming up against a blank ....

I have put enquiries on this site before - thanks to those that have tried to help. Thought as this is a Formula B thread might put my request here amongst interested guys ..

I have reason to believe it belonged to Noel McGlothlin and raced at Sebring 68 and 69 and VIR around the same time. I believe the car was colored red or sometimes described as crimson or scarlett.

If anyone remembers this car or Noel (R.N.) McGlothlin would really appreciate your help.

If you want to read about these cars racing here in Australia there is a very good newsletter at http://www.hsrca.com/ (scroll down till you see the link to it )

Ed

Check out Monoposto.com; this is one of the vintage groups dedicated to open wheel cars in vintage, and along with FF, FV's, Jr's, F-2's and SuperVees, has a F-B group. 8 to 10 races around the E. coast, thru Mid-West, and Canada each season, and the current President, Dave Handy, from Sasco Motorsports, races a Brabham B-car, and will have a lot of info, and know of possible cars for sale. The B cars have been one of the more growing groups in Monoposto, with great racing, and the $$ value holding up.

Quote Originally Posted by revtom View Post
    Check out Monoposto.com; this is one of the vintage groups dedicated to open wheel cars in vintage, and along with FF, FV's, Jr's, F-2's and SuperVees, has a F-B group. 8 to 10 races around the E. coast, thru Mid-West, and Canada each season, and the current President, Dave Handy, from Sasco Motorsports, races a Brabham B-car, and will have a lot of info, and know of possible cars for sale. The B cars have been one of the more growing groups in Monoposto, with great racing, and the $$ value holding up.
    I have been impressed with the quality of the fields that they have been putting together. The timing is poor for me as I just am too busy at work these days to enjoy my car and it needs to get out and be used! If it does not sell this year, I will hopefully see some of you on a track next year.

Enjoy!

Liked: 2

David Irwin and the RMVR group put together a FB,FC and F2 grid at High Plains (Denver) this pasted June. 16 cars were there to enjoy A well run event, with good cars. I hope they do again.

Default Palliser-Winkelmann Registry--New Registrar, same Domicile

I'm hoping this is the right forum for this--my apologies if it isn't:

I've recently taken over the Palliser-Winkelmann Registry (www.PalliserCars.com). I've made some substantial changes to the site (we now have Classifieds, Restoration photos, Model photos & Specsheets, etc.) & I'm trying to get Palliser Winkelmann owners to revisit the site & maybe contact me so that I can expand the database, or entice them to provide content for the site. I would like to hear from any owners---even those who are already listed in the Registry.

Conversely, if you're a newbie & want to find out about the marque, I'm more than glad to converse with you. I raced a Winkelmann WDF2 in the early 70s & now have a pair of FB Winkelmanns (WDB2) that a friend of mine I run in vintage events in California.

My email is: ldebretteville@gmail.com

Thanks

Default Looking for an FB for sale

I've been racing in SCCA, FF and FE2. Seen a few vintages races and I'd like to get involved. In particular I'm interested in the Formula B group.

Been searching the internet for posted cars for sale. Anybody know of a car that hasn't quite made it to the classifieds?

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by stscca View Post
    I've been racing in SCCA, FF and FE2. Seen a few vintages races and I'd like to get involved. In particular I'm interested in the Formula B group.

Been searching the internet for posted cars for sale. Anybody know of a car that hasn't quite made it to the classifieds?

Stephen
    Yup- Chevron B17 ! Brand new build . Best of everything. Had a Dyno system check - zero track time .
    pm if you’re not a time waster !

Thread Information