Liked: 0

Default Symmetrical streamline tubes and adptors

Hi all

I would like to know where can I find that kind of tubes and adptors. I think that I can find the tubes easilly here in europe, but I am not sure about the streamline tube adaptors, anybody knows something about them?

I just find the following pic of the adaptors

Thank you
    Last edited by peat; 06.21.10 at 1:29 PM.

Liked: 151

Most people make their own adapters by using a generic spherical bearing housing and cutting and shaping the aero tube around the housing. The one in the photo looks kind of neat, but the only place I could imagine using it on a car would be the steering. I don't think I have ever seen a car at the track using those kind of adapters.

Depending on your machine shop capabilities you can have a spherical bearing housing made up that has a flat extension running off of it to go in to the aero tube and then you only have to shape and fit the aero tube around something flat instead of around a bearing housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Most people make their own adapters by using a generic spherical bearing housing and cutting and shaping the aero tube around the housing. The one in the photo looks kind of neat, but the only place I could imagine using it on a car would be the steering. I don't think I have ever seen a car at the track using those kind of adapters.

Depending on your machine shop capabilities you can have a spherical bearing housing made up that has a flat extension running off of it to go in to the aero tube and then you only have to shape and fit the aero tube around something flat instead of around a bearing housing.

Thank you wren, I know that most people do it by themself and that is my first option, but i was on the web when I find that pic (it is just only an example) and think that, may be, in some where someone build it.

Thank you

Contributing Member

IIRC, The Chassis Shop (www.chassisshop.com) sells them as well as the streamline tubing.
    David A. McMahon, P.E.

McMahon Raceworks FB/FA/F??? mothballed for now

Quote Originally Posted by DMac View Post
    IIRC, The Chassis Shop (www.chassisshop.com) sells them as well as the streamline tubing.

Thank you DMac, do you know if they sell symmetrical streamline tube?
    Last edited by peat; 06.21.10 at 1:28 PM.

Default symmetrical streamline tube

duplicate post
    Last edited by peat; 06.21.10 at 7:02 PM.

Contributing Member
    David A. McMahon, P.E.

McMahon Raceworks FB/FA/F??? mothballed for now

Quote Originally Posted by DMac View Post

this kind of tube are allow in Fb suspension members?

Thank you

Liked: 126

Yes

Liked: 896

Low cost symetrical oval tubing is available from Piontek Engineering. He has dies for several sizes. We use his tube for all of our cars as the cost is MUCH lower than true aero tube.

We do not use the commercially available adaptors for aero tubes due to the cost plus there is no technical advantage to them. Simple threaded tubular bungs or machined housings are the best way to go.

Call Dave Piontek at: 810-991-1148

Thanks ... Jay Novak

Quote Originally Posted by Jnovak View Post
    Low cost symetrical oval tubing is available from Piontek Engineering. He has dies for several sizes. We use his tube for all of our cars as the cost is MUCH lower than true aero tube.

We do not use the commercially available adaptors for aero tubes due to the cost plus there is no technical advantage to them. Simple threaded tubular bungs or machined housings are the best way to go.

Call Dave Piontek at: 810-991-1148

Thanks ... Jay Novak

Thank you Jnovak, I am thinking about all the available options.

Thread Information