Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 1432

hey Bill!

What kind of camera do you use, that thing is awesome!!!

Liked: 11

Hey Reid,

We use the POV. We used to have two set up, one facing front and the other rear, but we're just using the front set up for now. Maybe for the runoffs we'll attach the rear camera again! It had it's teething issues in the beginning but now it's working pretty reliably. It usually craps out during sessions where I have an issue (like a crash) when I need it the most to see what went wrong (or what I did wrong). Mike S is having the same teething issues. But for the most part it's been pretty awesome.

No problem about posting the video fellas. I'm out there having fun and if people get enjoyment out of it all the better. You can also see my mistakes and that I need to figure out how to get that last bit of time out of the car. Got a ways to go with driving ability still and the video helps a lot!

-Bill Valet
    NeDiv Swift DB-6 #83

Contributing Member Mike Scanlan's Avatar
    Liked: 94

Default Glen FF Barbeque

Lost in all this was a big Thanks to the Valet clan who organized and cooked the Sat night barbeque. Lots of fun, capped off with a hysterical Chris Burke imitation by Steve Maxwell. Having known Chris for 30+ years, I'd have thought it was really him.
    Thanks Tom

Liked: 157

Thanks Mike, it was our pleasure. It was nice to meet some of the guys we hadnt seen before except here on Apex and to share a few stories and laughs with everyone. Thanks to JT for supplying the beer and to everyone else who offered to help out as well. Hopefully we can make this an annual event.

Tom

Liked: 23

Here are the contingency winners for the Watkins Glen Showcase National:

Note these were awarded for the Saturday race:

• Fast Lap of the Race - $150 from Williams Racing Developments - Jeremy Treadway
    • Hard Charger Award - $150 from Taylor Race Engineering - Dan Pyanowski +3 positions
    • Pole Winner - $75 from Continental Motorsports - Art Foster

Raffle winners:
    • $100 from Williams Racing Developments - Mike Scanlan
    • $50 from SR Racing - Tim Clowater
    • Two tickets to IRL race of winners choice (except Indy 500) from Honda Performance Development - Steve Maxwell
    • $50 product or service certificate from Porter Racing - Art Foster

Emails connecting winners & vendors have been sent out.

Thanks again guys for coming out. Sorry again to have missed this event as it was the weekend I originally planned my schedule around when it became a double but it was not to be. The more you plan the more things change...Thanks to Tom Valet for conducting the raffle in my absence and hosting what sounds like a great get together after the race. If we do this again next year, we'll have to do the raffles after the last session of the day like Beeler did in the EWC days as the impound plan never seemed to gain a quorum.

Hope to see 30 cars take the green at the runoffs!

Tim
    ------------------
    'Stay Hungry'
    JK 1964-1996 #25

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information