I've been a pretty loyal buyer from Earl's #1 on Hawthorne Blvd in LA and Earl's Indy for many years, but in doing the Honda conversion we learned that the DB6 sample HPD had was not very much like mine and the plumbing took a bit of problem solving. On the Saturday I was supposed to start the engine for the first time I discovered my oil tank feed tube was -12 whereas the engine inlet was -10 and HPD had supplied all -10 fittings for that side.

At 10:30a CDT on a Saturday I called XRP (HPD vendor of choice for kits) looking for advice on the best place the make the 'jump.' They not only picked up the phone at 8:30a PDT on a Saturday (they were not technically open) but offered several solutions, including making a fitting (-10 ORB to -12 Female Swivel, forged, 90 degree) that they don't make nor have a part number for and would make it on Monday and have it anodized and out Monday afternoon to me.

Apparently, unlike Goodridge or Earls, all XRP parts are made in Southgate (industrial corridor of Los Angeles) and apparently have a rather nimble production line that allows them to help customers in need.

In the end we chose to do the 'jump' in the scavenge filter by mixing the body & cap sizes to reduce the number of unobtanium replacement parts on my car, but was impressed with David's advice, offer & admission that they make their parts in the one facility under their managements watch.

I will use them again when plumbing needs arise. www.xrp.com

Tim