Liked: 84

Default Worst crash of my life today

So I've said a bunch of times that I'm all busted up from years of being out on the track with motorcycles. I've crashed 100+ mphs a bunch times and although some were pretty bad I had them all beat today: I crashed my CRG DD2 kart into a tire wall (not fast maybe 30mphs) at PBIR today, the kart flipped and I went flying through the air a good 10-15' (no so bad right?) well, I smashed my nuts and Bolt so bad on the steering wheel when I was ejected that they are f*cking bruised!!I ripped the damn steering wheel off with my package... I'm not joking this is not normal pain like, I don't even feel the rest of the bruises on my body right now, it's the most uncomfortable pain I've felt, I hope it goes away fast!

oh, I had to clean out cuts on my balls with peroxide: note: never do this. ever.

Anyway, the reason I felt compelled to tell this story:
    I'm lobbying for manditory wearing of cups while karting! (at least for me)

I'll be recovering on the couch tonight with: beer, TV, laptop and ice on my nuts! and my wife joking in the background.....she wouldn't be if she had nuts....
    Last edited by JohnPaul; 06.05.10 at 4:54 PM.

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Yikes

JP - Sorry to hear of your per-dick-ament (sorry), but I hear that a bag of frozen peas (again, sorry) works wonders for an ice pack...

PS - You ought to see a Doctor in regard to any damage not visible, internal bleeding and whatnot down there can't be any kind of fun.

Hope you heal up quick.

Liked: 384

Some local squirrels are probably laughing too. lol

I'm sorry ,couldn't help comment.

Crashing does suck big time,but humor is the essence of life.

m.

P;s.
    get better.

Liked: 23

Default ouch!

And just to think- the kids were at home having franks and beans for lunch while you're out there lunching(or crunching) your frank and beans!

Don't forget- you still have to use the anti-sub belts at driver's school soo... get well real soon!

Brett

Obviously I see the humor in this story but man, this really sucks! this is a weird pain!! there is a tear in the crotch of my suit!. I don't feel injured but more damaged..I'll be alright. Just going to wear a cup for now on.
    Last edited by JohnPaul; 06.05.10 at 7:18 PM.

Liked: 0

I remeber a friend of mine smashing his nuggets on the gas tank of his harley drag bike after going full throttle into the bales at the end of the track. Although I felt his pain (not really) it was quite humurous to see him pulling out the ice pack from between his legs . I personally had a corner worker pull me off the track after coming up about 2 ft short on a 60' double jump at a national arenacross. He was laughing and said "hope you weren't planning on having kids anytime soon" while he drug me.

Cheer up friend and hope you feel better soon and whatever you do DO NOT SNEEZE!
    Better to have raced for a day...
    than been a spectator for life!

Liked: 80

Default Look at it this way....

Someday, not soon obviously, you'll look back on this and be able to laugh about it.

A story to illustrate my point.....

Many, many years ago...probably '65...I played on a "semi-pro" baseball in my hometown of Watsonville. Somehow we ended up playing an inmate team at Soledad State Prison...it's called something different these days. It's south of Salinas on 101.

At any rate, at some point during the game our catcher, Charlie B., got a foul ball under the cup.

Charlie was a big guy, 6'2", 280 lbs and he was rolling around on the ground, yelling, "Oh my nuts!! Oh my nuts!!"

None of us were laughing until one of the inmate spectators stood up in the stands and yelled "Shoot the m**********r and play baseball!!"

I saw Charlie last year at a high school reunion and reminded him of that day. He laughed and said "I knew somebody would bring up that story."

So bear with it. Some day you will look back on this and laugh.

In the meantime, feel free to use the inmate's statement as something to get you through life.

Liked: 3787

There is a reason i want my grandkids to go straight to F600 and skip karts...

Rollcages and harnesses.

you gotta watch out for those inmates,they might actually shoot you lol

Some weird baseball you guys played back in 60's hmmm.
    Prison inmates..........
    That explains a lot of things happening today as a result of 60's behavior.

Just kidding.
    Getting hit in the nuts is in my personal opinion about worst pain ANYONE can experience,.

P.s.
    Just don't put any BenGay on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    There is a reason i want my grandkids to go straight to F600 and skip karts...

Rollcages and harnesses.
    No ****, It really is not that safe. I never really noticed before, I've been karting on and off for 10 years and this is the first time I came out of the kart and it was pretty nasty, at least on a bike you have leathers and padding and when you do go down on a bike most of the time you're sliding but this crash had me going end over end in a kartwheel. You have zero protection in a kart. I'm complaining about my nuts because that was the most painful thing that happened but I've got bruises all over my body, the only protection I had was a helmet and rib a protector and those are the only things that didn't get wacked.

ihave a bike too,so my kart advice would be ride in full bike leathers With the cup.

m.

I def dont feel safe in a kart
    Better to have raced for a day...
    than been a spectator for life!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
    So I've said a bunch of times that I'm all busted up from years of being out on the track with motorcycles. I've crashed 100+ mphs a bunch times and although some were pretty bad I had them all beat today: I crashed my CRG DD2 kart into a tire wall (not fast maybe 30mphs) at PBIR today, the kart flipped and I went flying through the air a good 10-15' (no so bad right?) well, I smashed my nuts and Bolt so bad on the steering wheel when I was ejected that they are f*cking bruised!!I ripped the damn steering wheel off with my package... I'm not joking this is not normal pain like, I don't even feel the rest of the bruises on my body right now, it's the most uncomfortable pain I've felt, I hope it goes away fast!

oh, I had to clean out cuts on my balls with peroxide: note: never do this. ever.

Anyway, the reason I felt compelled to tell this story:
    I'm lobbying for manditory wearing of cups while karting! (at least for me)

I'll be recovering on the couch tonight with: beer, TV, laptop and ice on my nuts! and my wife joking in the background.....she wouldn't be if she had nuts....
    And to think and remember,( which is hard for me to do now ! ) SCCA told me a long time ago that harnesses and roll cages are not required in a Kart, because they do not flip ! But I sure needed to alter my old March and Lola for Solo I's

Thread Information