Liked: 84

Default 2006 GSXR Engine/TB's/Harness/ECU

2006 Suzuki GSXR Engine that was new when installed into the car at the Elan factory. The car from what everyone that knows it says was only run a handful of times:3-5X's, so not really sure how many miles are on it but I suspect not more than a few hundred miles? It comes with the Harness/ ECU/ Throttle bodies (and whatever else gets swapped out witht the 07 engine going in). The oil pan is going to be the stock pan from an 07. I'm not sure how much to ask, what is fair? let me know
    Last edited by JohnPaul; 05.29.10 at 9:34 PM.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 94

Liked: 553

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
    2006 Suzuki GSXR Engine that was new when installed into the car at the Elan factory. The car from what everyone that knows it says was only run a handful of times:3-5X's, so not really sure how many miles are on it but I suspect not more than a few hundred miles? It comes with the Harness/ ECU/ Throttle bodies (and whatever else gets swapped out witht the 07 engine going in). The oil pan is going to be the stock pan from an 07. I'm not sure how much to ask, what is fair? let me know
    I was going to suggest searching ebay for 'completed' auctions, but I could not find any 2006 GSXR 1000 engines. Maybe I did the search wrong. Hard to believe there would be none. I like to look at the completed auctions because they give a better idea of selling prices. Active auction prices are all over the place.

Here's one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GSX-R...item3a5b67e53e

Two thoughts: Is it too late to decide to just run the '06 engine that was in the car? That would save a lot of hassle, and maybe money. I doubt you'd notice much difference in lap times in your first year.

The prep shop that is doing the swap for you - Do you think you could convince them to sell the '06 for you? That might save you a lot of aggravation, too. It might be hard to sell an engine you don't have in your possession and don't know much about.

Quote Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
    I was going to suggest searching ebay for 'completed' auctions, but I could not find any 2006 GSXR 1000 engines. Maybe I did the search wrong. Hard to believe there would be none. I like to look at the completed auctions because they give a better idea of selling prices. Active auction prices are all over the place.

Here's one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GSX-R...item3a5b67e53e

Two thoughts: Is it too late to decide to just run the '06 engine that was in the car? That would save a lot of hassle, and maybe money. I doubt you'd notice much difference in lap times in your first year.

The prep shop that is doing the swap for you - Do you think you could convince them to sell the '06 for you? That might save you a lot of aggravation, too. It might be hard to sell an engine you don't have in your possession and don't know much about.
    Thanks Russ,
    I have pretty good background info on this car from a few different people that know and knew the car well from the time it was imported. The car was assembled and engine installed at the Elan factory back in 2006-2007, It was brand new motor and only run 6 times max ( I was told 3-4 so I"ll double it to be safe). I was told by Sal at Philly Motorsports that it is in great shape, he's a straight shooter so I beleive him. I can either send it from Philly Motorsports or when I receive the car and motor next week from here in Florida.
    This ebay auction is asking $1600. I was originally thinking $1500 but didn't know if that has high. I guess I can start at $1500.
    As far as just keeping the 06, You are right and I probably should have just kept it, it really didn't cost much to swap out, Sal is basically doing it for cost and the engine came from someone within the bike racing community that gave it to me super cheap and dropped it off to Sal for me so I figured it was a no brainer to do it now and save the headache later on.

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Keep it for a spare

or if you just have to sell it, try over on Sportsracer Forum.
    I have been told that the DSR guys actually prefer an 05/06 because those make more/better power when modded than the 07/08's.

Liked: 273

Default It's not easy to switch

Quote Originally Posted by glenn cooper View Post
    or if you just have to sell it, try over on Sportsracer Forum.
    I have been told that the DSR guys actually prefer an 05/06 because those make more/better power when modded than the 07/08's.
    Switching from 05/06 to 07/08 GSXR1000 and vice versa is a pain. The intake cam sensor going from one to the other is different , even the wiring harness is all together different. The header ports on the 07/08 are much larger so it takes two different sets of headers. I don't recommend it, we did it for a short time.

The engine mounts on the 07/08 are all on the block and the 05/06 are on both head and block....and in different locations to make it worse.

FYI- the 05/06 is desireable because the head actually makes more horsepower. The bottom end is identical aside from the engine mount location at the head parting line.

GH

Liked: 0

Default GSXR

JOHN, You have PM on suzuki..
    kl

Sorry, engine is gone

Thread Information