Liked: 3

Default Milwaukee Mile..

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...F1C14BB72F058B

Looks like a pretty low early entry. Anybody else going?

FF

Ellingson
    Luxon
    Spinello

CF

Drenth
    Last edited by thewarehouse; 05.29.10 at 4:47 PM.
    Jp: thewarehouse "at" msn.com
    www.myinfinitystore.com
    90 Reynard FF

Liked: 8

Last year was fun - Wish I could this year - but new axles are still being made up... old ones were VW variety that couldnt be welded on, but everything was welded on them - thus, they didnt last....
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

Contributing Member racingflyboy's Avatar
    Liked: 71

John-
    Have fun with Ellingson and Luxon. Brad might still be tired from our battles at Blackhawk! I am! I won't be there, I'm switching to Production based cars for a couple weekends. I'm co-driving a BMW in an Endurance Race this weekend. CHUMPCAR @ BIR! Well, I should say I'll be driving this weekend if the car lasts long enough for me to get my turn! We have 5 drivers, including a couple flying in from Seattle. Their airfare cost more than the car!

Next weekend I fly out to race with them at Portland, the Rose Cup. I get to drive the wife's Miata. Purple and Pink. My wife thinks I should wear a nice Tutu. Thoughts?

Have fun guys.

Steve

Contributing Member racingflyboy's Avatar
    Liked: 71

Default Congrats Brad - New Track Record!

I just checked the results on MyLaps. Ellingson sweep again. Sets new record on Sunday. Congratulations Brad.

What happened to Spinello on Sunday? I see a DNF. Hope it was nothing bad, like a wall.

BTW, Chumpcar was a blast, and the new Competiton Course at BIR is a fun drive.

Steve Barkley

Liked: 9

Quote Originally Posted by racingflyboy View Post
    I just checked the results on MyLaps. Ellingson sweep again. Sets new record on Sunday. Congratulations Brad.

What happened to Spinello on Sunday? I see a DNF. Hope it was nothing bad, like a wall.

Thanks Steve! It was a fun weekend. Pretty cool to be able to say I won at Milwaukee the weekend after Indy. Spinello...uhhh...spun and got his nose run over by another car with no where to go. Fiberglass damage and crushed the crushbox, but John was ok.
    Currently Without Car

Liked: 3

First off, Conrats to Brad and Del. New track records for both! Timing and scoring said over a dozen lap records fell this weekend. The track was dusty on Saturday and much better on Sunday.

Yep, got the old nose run over. At first glance it appears all of the expensive stuff was missed. Just a nose and a crush-box. First time at the Mile and I must say a really fun track. Would not hesitate going there again. I struggled with the line into corner 1 all weekend. It finally caught up with me. That's racing.

BTW, did anybody notice the handful of people watching the racing from outside the track? I noticed them when leaving yesterday. They were standing on a hill and in some trees checking out the action. Too bad we can't market a regional race (in the middle of a busy city) to get these people into the gates....
    Jp: thewarehouse "at" msn.com
    www.myinfinitystore.com
    90 Reynard FF

Quote Originally Posted by thewarehouse View Post
    BTW, did anybody notice the handful of people watching the racing from outside the track? I noticed them when leaving yesterday. They were standing on a hill and in some trees checking out the action. Too bad we can't market a regional race (in the middle of a busy city) to get these people into the gates....
    Thanks John! My dad went out to run an errand at lunch and said there was someone outside the front gate selling tickets to the event. The cynic in me wonders if that was someone scamming the unsuspecting.....
    Currently Without Car

Liked: 0

Brad - Very nice addition to your collection of track lap records. ;-) Congratulations! Well done.

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Allen_W View Post
    Brad - Very nice addition to your collection of track lap records. ;-) Congratulations! Well done.

Allen
    Thanks Allen! Really been a dream season.
    Currently Without Car

Liked: 0

Default Milwaukee is a blast

Milwaukee has it all... tight hairpins to flat out through the oval. Saturday was a treat as the Tiga's throttle shaft was sliding past the throttle stop and sticking wide open for most of the race. I had to brake with one side of my foot and lift the throttle with the other side. Sunday was more fun as I knocked off a 1:14.761 late in the session to take the pole away from Brad which is exactly what he and Jim Roemer did to me the day before. In the race it only took a few laps and Brad (FF), Jim (FC) and Anders (DSR) got by and opened up a gap. Brad must have slowed towards the end as I closed a from more than a straight away lead down to several car lenghs at the finish. Everyone in the Midwest should put this event on their calender for next year as not only is a BLAST to drive, all of your friends can sit in the stands and watch the whole race.

Remember that my TIGA is for sale if anyone is looking for a very fast "new" Club Ford. Check it out in the Formula Ford for sale section.

Thread Information